So dude-whats a Hawaiian christmas like?Is it snowing there lol  ;) 

this whole 2 months have been raining, it does snow here, on the mountain, "Mauna Kea". I can't handle the elevation or cold, so I don't really care for going there. But christmas here is pretty ordinary, like any ordinary american x-mas, it's not like we decorate the coconut trees here and have a special Luau. Anyway we're having some Prime rib, Crab,etc., so it's definitely x-mas for me :). Merry X-mas....

• Like 4

Prime rib and crab-sounds good :D yeah it's cold and pissing rain here in Ireland-but plenty of food,a fridge full of beer and a roaring fire make that not matter :D

• Like 3

Wow this is really promising stuff! I'm liking the details such as the custom boots. Any idea on a release? 

Regards Legonerd

oh man,release? *whew....trying to put in an hour or two after work when I can. It was pretty discouraging a few weeks ago because I erased a bunch of assets and textures I did for my vests, especially the configs I re-did for them also which I forgot to backup. And with the events that happened today lol, all I can say is I'm trying but for some reason these obstacles keep popping up, I have quite a few PM's of people who are asking for content and assets I have modded (which I don't mind attending to) but that's just another thing added to the list of obstacles. I do like to help people when I can tho, that's more satisfying than modding for me at the moment, I dunno why... it just is lol.

As for a release, I have no idea, I "had" a set date but thing's aren't just working out for me, not giving up tho, just gonna take a bit of my time to get it together. Just be a bit more patient...

• Like 4

Quit slacking and less yakin !! :D

Top tip... NEVER EVER give a release date. I worked on a mod wth a group of guys over at Ghost recon, it was to revolutionise the game, I was one of the character modellers, but the project grew bigger than we could have ever coped, we put way too much pressure on ourselves, and all being perfectionists in our own way, things got out of Sync.

Constant requests for release dates, and our keenness to oblige made life difficult, also the geographical location of the team made the window of communications small.

One thing I'm seeing more and more of, is the level of detail people are putting on their models and textures, unless you're up very very close to them, a lot of the details are lost, due to the game engine itself, that's why characters have like 5 different LOD levels.

Of course it looks great, but things like stitching you cant see in real life, unless you've used dental floss, standing 2-5 M's away from anyone. The level of detail is great for screenshots, but again, system specs have a massive play in there too, not everyone has twin 970's with 8GB RAM each :D

I fear for the new DLC coming out, as it's one of these where you want to be able to see, and almost smell the scene, but man you're going to need some serious horsepower under that case to view the effort BIS designers have put into that DLC, don't forget, they're running top end Graphics cards, priced in the $1000's.. 

anyway back to you slacking off.. :D ;)

• Like 1

pssh my middle name is "slacker", come on now  :lol:.

but things like stitching you cant see in real life, unless you've used dental floss, standing 2-5 M's away from anyone. The level of detail is great for screenshots, but again, system specs have a massive play in there too, not everyone has twin 970's with 8GB RAM each  :D

That's why I never bothered to put stitching on my uniforms, kinda "iffy" about adding it to the pouches on the vest as well, I've tried a bunch of times but it never came out right. My agenda is getting an "overall" look more than a quality look to be honest, If people want to see Hi Res 4096x4096 texturing this is not the addon for you lol, I am modding this game on an 2011 iMac, the least of my concern making this addon is quality.........make way bitches the king needs to work

• Like 1

Thanks to Adacas for helping on combining all the textures inherited by the vest, I got them all mashed onto one texture instead of 10, runner also suggested I do this to help the PC's processing. With this new method learned, I'll definitely have to implement this towards all of the Ops-Core's textures. Did a lot this past few days, been also rebuilding my config, got the essentials working....note to self, NEVER rebuild your config during the end stages of your addon!

the_longest_wip_lol_by_dissizithawaii-d9

wipf_by_dissizithawaii-d9m5y47.jpg

• Like 11

Oh damn, the vest looks really good especially the one on the left! I also love the shemagh if it is one  :lol: I am not really sure how it looks like in reality.

• Like 1

Nice work mate! oh man it is so hard waiting for this stuff!

• Like 2

okay, I'm well impressed!! nw I like that holster, it looks like a safari land 6354 job..

Happy New year padwan  

• Like 1

Happy new years from Greece hawaiian! Well actually in 10 minutes but okay still happy new year!

• Like 1

Happy New Years Alex!

HAPPY NEW YEAR OFFICIALLY! Right now it is 24:39 1/1/2016 in Greece! We are from the future! :P

• Like 1

.make way bitches the king needs to work

:lol:

happy New Years everyone!

• Like 1

Great work Hawaiian!!! Looking forward to seeing all the great stuff you've been working on.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Happy New year from Ireland! (I'm a little late-It's 1.40am ;) )

• Like 2

They're looking great!That's the part of this mod I am most looking forward to :)

• Like 1

Ops-Core showcase bleh.....

ops_cores_by_dissizithawaii-d9mo0zq.png

ddd_by_dissizithawaii-d9mohfn.jpg

ops_core_painted_by_dissizithawaii-d9mor

I think i have an erection...