Just to reiterate what the young Padwan is saying, that CIRAS is very low poly, and the mesh textures for the inside doesn't exactly the real deal, I modeled an inside so that any distortion of the figures movement would show a bit of the mesh, it was actually just an experiment that turned out not too bad. 

some of the faces on the inside are not quite textured properly, but like I said, it was an experiment based on Jonny's SF p3d.

This is still very much Hawaiian's addon, he's selling himself short, as all addons start with a vision, and I'm just glad to be helping where I can.

Some of the guys who are "liking" this mod have also produced good addons too, this is a great community, and the "mucking in spirit" is what keeps it going.

• Like 2

I'm very excited for this mod man! And i really need stuff like that and with this quality for a project that i'm working on! :D I can't wait for the release! :p

• Like 1

Aloha Inept, the Ops-Core was modeled and textured by DaveGary, I've done a bit of re-texturing on the helmet and even made a "painted" variant of sorts, and this project is still a WIP I'm afraid. Mahalo for all your kind comments, I humbly thank you in advance....

I have a question. Isn't. Davegary working on a ranger mod to import his work on Arma 3?

I have a question. Isn't. Davegary working on a ranger mod to import his work on Arma 3? 

He is, but he has been absent for a very long time, haven't you NOTICED :huh:!? My last contact with the guy was when he sent me most of his work that was being done for his A3 Ranger addon, I even got a kick-ass vest from him, but was specifically told not to use it unless I want to make enemies.....ain't nobody got time fo dat ,specially me lol. Goes without saying, I hope the guy is okay, last I heard he depolyed to some undisclosed location, so whereever you are bud, hope you're good.

I beg you, add more geometry to these handcuffs

I.....shamefully don't know how to, I never really had to do that, and to be honest that is not too bad of an idea, buuuut I've always been strict about doing things like that, since I have many content handed to me by authors, I restrict myself from trying a thing like that, though sometimes you do have to modify a mesh to fit the certain gear/uniform to sit well compensating clipping issues, but adding vertices to someone's already modeled work without permission i'm not too sure about (personally I find it disrespectful,unless given permission)..... anyone's opinion is welcomed....

edit: most times I'm given content from other authors they usually tell me "do what you want with it and good luck".  lol

• Like 1

I saw his thread a few days ago and it looks like he's back at working on the mod again.....unless I got the dates mixed up.....hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nah, he hasn't been active since February of this year, besides he would've contacted me by now.

• Like 1

He is, but he has been absent for a very long time, haven't you NOTICED  :huh:!? My last contact with the guy was when he sent me most of his work that was being done for his A3 Ranger addon, I even got a kick-ass vest from him, but was specifically told not to use it unless I want to make enemies.....ain't nobody got time fo dat ,specially me lol. Goes without saying, I hope the guy is okay, last I heard he depolyed to some undisclosed location, so whereever you are bud, hope you're good.

Yeah I did notice his absence. He has really been deployed? I really wish him luck. I wish you luck on you too. Also what did he mean by telling you not to use the vest unless you want to make enemies? Does he really not want you to use it? And also would you be able to atleast show us how it looked?

dude LOL, I was literally writing to answer your questions and I ended up hitting the "delete" key and it sent my ass back a page and whatever I wrote didn't get saved, *sigh I did this twice  :936: LOL, I'm done tho all I can say is that Dave would've let me use the vest, I'm guessing the vest is for a milsim clan, and if i'm mistaken milsim clans use custom gear exclusively and not released to the public....I could be wrong tho, I don't play enough Arma to find out....

dude LOL, I was literally writing to answer your questions and I ended up hitting the "delete" key and it sent my ass back a page and whatever I wrote didn't get saved, *sigh I did this twice  :936: LOL, I'm done tho all I can say is that Dave would've let me use the vest, I'm guessing the vest is for a milsim clan, and if i'm mistaken milsim clans use custom gear exclusively and not released to the public....I could be wrong tho, I don't play enough Arma to find out....

Nah most milsim clans dont use their own content, they just customize community ones. The 75th Rangers Regiment has changed ericj's config for the helicopters so they fly better. Anyway, would i be able to see the vest atleast :)

dude LOL, I was literally writing to answer your questions and I ended up hitting the "delete" key and it sent my ass back a page and whatever I wrote didn't get saved, *sigh I did this twice :936: LOL, I'm done tho all I can say is that Dave would've let me use the vest, I'm guessing the vest is for a milsim clan, and if i'm mistaken milsim clans use custom gear exclusively and not released to the public....I could be wrong tho, I don't play enough Arma to find out....

Our milsim unit does use some addons/textures that are unreleased to the public.

Our milsim unit does use some addons/textures that are unreleased to the public.

Yeah, I am pretty sure they are retextures of other mods. Thats basically what we have aswell but not fully custom models made by us. Just retextures and some changes in configs

Anyway, would i be able to see the vest atleast

Looks like you have to wait until Deviant Art starts accepting my uploads, guess they're having maintenance issues rite now. 

Looks like you have to wait until Deviant Art starts accepting my uploads, guess they're having maintenance issues rite now. 

Alright no problem dude. I can surely wait. Also you are obviously going write a config.cpp, I am having huge trouble writing one so if you ever have free time and have nothing else to do PM  if you want to help me write it

Anyway, would i be able to see the vest atleast

here it was, right a t my finger tips.....

davegaryvest_by_dissizithawaii-d9hjb6z.j

you would need to do the same with that vest, as it's one sided, when the figure contorts in the game you would see the gaps and it would "spoil" the look of the vest. :D

it looks like the vest from meatballs MARSOC A2 mod, hit him up and ask if you can use it buddy?

• Like 1

Nah I'm good on vests brother, nice looking out as always  :D. 

.....hopefully this is the last screenshot until the addon is tested and released, but this is the overall look of my rendition of a U.S. Army 75th Ranger including the vest roadrunner and myself worked on, the vest is still a WIP tho. Hope we get better screenshots from the testers, as my computer rig sucks.

ranger_final_stages_by_dissizithawaii-d9

• Like 5

Really nice , are you planning to include belt holster ? or on a drop leg ?

• Like 1

oh man, that's one thing I forgot.....I'll have to see about porting one from A2...thanks for the reminder, I'll be adding a holster to the vest to, maybe just for the Team Leader class.

here it was, right a t my finger tips.....

davegaryvest_by_dissizithawaii-d9hjb6z.j

Oh dude! Why cant we you use this :(

But the vest you made also looks amazing! I want to ask if i can be one of the testers for this mod. I would really like to test it. I have tested 2 retexture addons and 1 mod in the past. :)

I don't see why not.....sure

Oh thanks then. Do you want my steam or anything or are you going to PM me a dropbox link when you want me to test it?