This mod has become my most anticipated one.I am checking the page every day now :D Especially for those damn sexy helmets!Oh man...I hope something is released soon.Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

The boots on the right are currently worn by SEAL's on Operations in Afghanistan, that's why I made them, they're Asolo Fugitives, I was surprised to see such colours myself, but they're being worn on Ops ;)

http://static.squarespace.com/static/511d8f3ae4b02acb17b5ced9/t/51cec3a2e4b09d57584514e1/1372504995881/

and a good article here ;)

http://www.itstactical.com/gearcom/footwear/asolo-fugitive-gtx-boots-combat-tested-in-afghanistan/

I was more than Happy to help out Hawaiian on this, once he releases his addon, I've also said that anyone who wishes to use the boots for their own mod are ore than welcome to, just a wee thanks in a read me is suffice if you decide to use them.

I didn't realize that these were being used by operators in the field, so I take back my comment. Nice job on the boots.

it's just progress screenshots....just to let everybody know I haven't abandoned the project lol, call it "re-assuring the audience"

• Like 1

Keep it up buddy! I love your work, especially the helmets that are awesome! :D 

• Like 1

it's just progress screenshots....just to let everybody know I haven't abandoned the project lol, call it "re-assuring the audience"

please dont even hint that this would be abandoned! We need it! The units look finished-what stage are they actually at?

I wouldn't worry about this mod NOT getting released, I've been making plenty of variations and types of footwear for Hawaiian to chose from. :D

Today I made a version of my own merrells that I wear out here in Southern Iraq. they still need a bit of tweeking around the rim of the boots, so still WIP but these are 100% my own boots, there will never be another boot like it, no matter how hard anyone tries. :ph34r:

yodas%20merrells_zpsoihidd7g.jpg

• Like 8

please dont even hint that this would be abandoned! We need it! The units look finished-what stage are they actually at?

:nono: you can't rush art....

• Like 1

:nono: you can't rush art....

Oh i wasn't-i just meant they look perfect,and was wondering what you still have to do with them.Take your time though ;)

• Like 1

Oh i wasn't-i just meant they look perfect,and was wondering what you still have to do with them.Take your time though ;)

Nah, I know you weren't ;) I was just making an unaggressive statement with an aggresive (but funny) emoticon lol....ummm, a little run down of thing's I still have to do

1. Going to "hopefully" get a NEW vest from a friendly source (the previous vest didn't work out, sorry for that).

2. Work on figuring out how to add scopes on weapons in my eventhandlers when Rangers are placed in-game.

3. Fix and add newer item classnames to units in eventhandlers.

4. Work on the Ranger Recon squad/units.

5. A bunch of smaller uninteresting but necassary things....

Nah, I know you weren't ;) I was just making an unaggressive statement with an aggresive (but funny) emoticon lol....ummm, a little run down of thing's I still have to do

1. Going to "hopefully" get a NEW vest from a friendly source (the previous vest didn't work out, sorry for that).

2. Work on figuring out how to add scopes on weapons in my eventhandlers when Rangers are placed in-game.

Ah-ok. Shame about the vest. I'm looking forward to those amazing helmets :) Keep up the great work my friend 

great work! Would it be possible to make a release without the us flags aswell?

• Like 1

great work! Would it be possible to make a release without the us flags aswell? 

mahalo...could you be more specific? like on the uniforms and helmets? 

I was going to say great job on the models but I think...I think their works of art........  :o Though seriously insane job on the models your a great Arma 3 Modder and have some insane skills! Everything down to the boots being tied!!?? Can't wait for this addon and closely following you! Have a nice day and take your time! 

• Like 1

MHA3, I don't model like at all lol, all models were made by individuals posted on the first page of this thread, I thank you on their behalf though, they'll be glad their hard work/art is appreciated :).

MHA3, I don't model like at all lol, all models were made by individuals posted on the first page of this thread, I thank you on their behalf though, they'll be glad their hard work/art is appreciated :).

Well even if you didn't make the models,you are the one who has put them together into these amazing units-if you didn't we might never have gotten to use them.I haven't seen the makers releasing them separately :) 

Also i think the guy 2 posts up meant that he wants uniforms without flag-patches so they can be used to represent different countries etc.

• Like 2

it would defeat the purpose of the name of the mod if there were no US Flags , the mod is to reflect the 75th Ranger Regiment, without the flags the mod would just be "generic Special operations forces", the flag is what sets the identity to the 75th Ranger Regiment.. IMO the flag should really stay.

Perhaps Hawaiian will create another mod, where it's International as opposed to the Rangers mate ? ;)

• Like 1

I humbly agree with runner (aka.my Yoda)  :). If you like the uniforms so much (which I thank you) drop me a PM and I can send you the psd/xcf file (after release) and you can slap any camo/flag on there. I must warn you that I heavily modified the Nato uniform to match Crye Precision wear, I experimented on adding some Crye logo's on the uniform, but seeing that it's not 100% accurate I felt it wasn't necessary, even tho it looked dope. 

For some reason I always envisioned everyone using the same MultiCam so that everyone's work will compensate eachother's gear/look, but meh we all know that's impossible lol. I actually wanted to use KetsuCorp's MCam and base my rangers using their work so we can benefit using the same gear, but I opened up the .paa and there MCam pattern was staggered (not seamless) and it was also one piece, like they didn't piece them together at the seams which Fluttershy taught me and was right, makes it look more authentic.

• Like 3

I humbly agree with runner (aka.my Yoda)  :). If you like the uniforms so much (which I thank you) drop me a PM and I can send you the psd/xcf file (after release) and you can slap any camo/flag on there. I must warn you that I heavily modified the Nato uniform to match Crye Precision wear, I experimented on adding some Crye logo's on the uniform, but seeing that it's not 100% accurate I felt it wasn't necessary, even tho it looked dope. 

For some reason I always envisioned everyone using the same MultiCam so that everyone's work will compensate eachother's gear/look, but meh we all know that's impossible lol. I actually wanted to use KetsuCorp's MCam and base my rangers using their work so we can benefit using the same gear, but I opened up the .paa and there MCam pattern was staggered (not seamless) and it was also one piece, like they didn't piece them together at the seams which Fluttershy taught me and was right, makes it look more authentic.

Yeah-there are a lot of shades of modded multicam out there ;) Interesting thing- check out the wikipedia page for multicam.I had no idea how many countries use it now! All soldiers are starting to look alike.Even the Russians are using multicam!

The only problem I can see with this addon is that when it is released I will never use anything else hahaha!

• Like 1

I humbly agree with runner (aka.my Yoda) :). If you like the uniforms so much (which I thank you) drop me a PM and I can send you the psd/xcf file (after release) and you can slap any camo/flag on there. I must warn you that I heavily modified the Nato uniform to match Crye Precision wear, I experimented on adding some Crye logo's on the uniform, but seeing that it's not 100% accurate I felt it wasn't necessary, even tho it looked dope.

KETSUCORP's OCP has nothing on your MCAM. Your textures are incredibly better and IMO is the best I've seen in A3 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ineptaphid love your comments man, much Mahalo.

Mahalo Nate, that is one motivating compliment brother.

rubbeman, I am really looking forward to releasing this sometime in the beginning of December.

Right now roadrunner is helping us all out with a Ciras vest I decided to use from Johannes' ever so famous US Spec Forces vests template from A2 (which runner pretty much picked out ;)), a hi-res texture to go along with the vest that Sabre re-textured and runner who supplied it, I also was lended a Ciras vest modeled by MisterCat which I still am deciding what to do with (a lot of work to do with that amazing vest). Warden_1 has also supplied me with a JPC he's modeled which I would love to use, and am hoping to. So right now that Ciras vests are what's in the works at the moment, different variations for all of the unit classes, and for those of you who've been asking me if there is going to be a pistol holster on the chest, yes and no.......

that's the plans gentleman......here are a couple of WIP screenshots

ciras_by_dissizithawaii-d9hb87m.jpg

ciras_additiions_by_dissizithawaii-d9hb8

this is other people's work put together by a guy with a vision, that's all.....

• Like 4

Early december! Oh sweet! I'm going to be like Cartman now-when he froze himself waiting for the Wii to come out ;)

• Like 1