that's awesome ! i love the headgear ! i hope to see some JPC on the todo list ;)

• Like 1

Definitely cool! In the future, planning to add a holster or combat belt  ^_^

• Like 1

It'll be in the addon yes, as a "source-file" most likely not, I've never discussed releasing/lending any models from any of the authors I've used from, therefore I don't have any permissions on releasing any source files, but the helmets will be in the addon, of course  :).

Would be great if you could ask the authors. These helmets look really nice, but would feel a bit wrong with the us flag on it while having a german flag on the chest ^^

I also like those scarves.

And how did you do this? I thought the uniform models couldn't be edited?!

Would be great if you could ask the authors. These helmets look really nice, but would feel a bit wrong with the us flag on it while having a german flag on the chest ^^

I also like those scarves.

And how did you do this? I thought the uniform models couldn't be edited?!

I just took the forearm of the A3 body template from the A3 samples pack and resized/retextured it to look like thermals, other than that and the samples/example vest, I haven't modified anything I wasn't supposed to. I can't get in touch with DaveGary, so getting his permission to release these as a sourcefile is grim at the moment. 

That Black wrap  shemagh is sick man... Nice Work!

• Like 1

cosmic10r, glad you dig them brah, re-textured and modified the hell out of that shemagh, all credits go to B.I. and their awesome selves tho.... 

• Like 1

cosmic10r, glad you dig them brah, re-textured and modified the hell out of that shemagh, all credits go to B.I. and their awesome selves tho.... 

Then i noticed the sweet oakley gloves... officially amped...

I love B.I. but it's a symbiotic relationship... neither would be as good without the other ;)

• Like 1

I just took the forearm of the A3 body template from the A3 samples pack and resized/retextured it to look like thermals, other than that and the samples/example vest, I haven't modified anything I wasn't supposed to. I can't get in touch with DaveGary, so getting his permission to release these as a sourcefile is grim at the moment. 

If you don't mind, could you describe the whole progress a bit more detailed?

Nevar, what kind of detail's?? workflow or config-ing it?

Which texture to change and how to attach this to a uniform. I'd like to use something like this in my own uniform mod.

I got you Nevar, I'll help you out bud...just gimme a few minutes to collect myself, had a few beers  :blink:

k, i gotcha man

1.A3 samples character example

2.cut off the mesh's forearm to whatever you need by using the "select vertices" tool

3.select "move by normals" and use the shortcut keys shift+alt (i'm on an iMac using windows bootcamp, so I'm not sure if we have the same shortcut keys)

4.resize just a hair, enough so that it won't clips the skin, the mesh is already rigged and ready to port, no weighting/rigging needed.

5.use these textures, "a3\characters_f\heads\data\hl_white_bald_co.tga", retrieve all the maps _as,smdi,yadda yadda and the rvmat should be pretty simple and easy,If you need it I can send it to you, other than that it's pretty simple really, why model one when you can use your brain and improvise!? nawmean jelly bean.....

...cosmic, than I guess that means I'm an early drinker! it's actually 3am Hawai'i time  :P

oh and the config I just did like this

class CfgPatches
{
class Hazels_Goggles
{
units[] = {};
weapons[] = {};
requiredVersion = 0.1;
requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};

class CfgGlasses {

class None;
class Ranger_Arm_Thermals_Gray: None { scope = 2; 
displayname = "[75th] Arm Thermals Gray"; 
author = "retexbyHawaiian"; 
model = "facewear\ArmThermals.p3d"; 
picture = "\facewear\ui\tactical_glasses_ca.paa"; 
hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"}; 
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\facewear\arm_thermals\arm_thermal_gry_co.paa"; 
identityTypes[] = {"NoGlasses",1000}; 
class ItemInfo { 
type = 616; 
hmdType = 0; 
uniformModel = "facewear\ArmThermals.p3d"; 
mass = 4; 
hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"}; 
}; };

lol... i forgot you guys were 2 hours different. Over on the west coast of the continent its 5am. and  I want a beer lol....

lol... i forgot you guys were 2 hours different. Over on the west coast of the continent its 5am. and  I want a beer lol....

psh, I got you man ,up yours ,down mine *chug*chug*chug 

• Like 1

k, i gotcha man
1.A3 samples character example
2.cut off the mesh's forearm to whatever you need by using the "select vertices" tool
3.select "move by normals" and use the shortcut keys shift+alt (i'm on an iMac using windows bootcamp, so I'm not sure if we have the same shortcut keys)
4.resize just a hair, enough so that it won't clips the skin, the mesh is already rigged and ready to port, no weighting/rigging needed.
5.use these textures, "a3\characters_f\heads\data\hl_white_bald_co.tga", retrieve all the maps _as,smdi,yadda yadda and the rvmat should be pretty simple and easy,If you need it I can send it to you, other than that it's pretty simple really, why model one when you can use your brain and improvise!? nawmean jelly bean.....

...cosmic, than I guess that means I'm an early drinker! it's actually 3am Hawai'i time  :P

Thanks a lot! That doesn't look too hard, I'll give it a try.

Editing the rvmat was the next thing on my list of things I want to learn, guess I have to do it now ^^

any updates? ;)

Just pulling your leg, I know you're "itching" to show the update :D

• Like 1

So I was fortunate enough to gain a mentor "road runner" aka. Argyle, who has introduced to me a new method of texturing, and he has made these *Salomon & Asolo textured shoes for our 75th Rangers and I was also guided by his grace in order to texture some authentic *Oakley SI Tac gloves. Here's a quick preview of our art, have a good weekend everyone......

salomon_shoes_by_road_runner_gloves_by_m

• Like 8

The boots on the far right are a little too flashy for combat, not that I mind a little color being added, it's just a bit too much for me. But anyway, the uniforms look great. 

• Like 1

The boots on the right are currently worn by SEAL's on Operations in Afghanistan, that's why I made them, they're Asolo Fugitives, I was surprised to see such colours myself, but they're being worn on Ops ;)

http://static.squarespace.com/static/511d8f3ae4b02acb17b5ced9/t/51cec3a2e4b09d57584514e1/1372504995881/

and a good article here ;)

http://www.itstactical.com/gearcom/footwear/asolo-fugitive-gtx-boots-combat-tested-in-afghanistan/

I was more than Happy to help out Hawaiian on this, once he releases his addon, I've also said that anyone who wishes to use the boots for their own mod are ore than welcome to, just a wee thanks in a read me is suffice if you decide to use them.

• Like 1