Yea Dave did a great job, and yes I do have pictures but I still need to do some re-colouring and what not, I'll get some pics when I get the chance :)

Been a long time since anything was posted here! I hope this is still in development! We need some Rangers!

was thinking of asking DaveGary on using his vest and backpack, but hmm, not too sure if he'll let me.....

• Like 1

was thinking of asking DaveGary on using his vest and backpack, but hmm, not too sure if he'll let me......than again ,I'm so not in the mood to re-texture/port/re-config anything :(

DaveGary is a nice guy he'd probably let you use it with just credit given.

• Like 1

re-textured DaveGary's helmet, actually I was just testing to see what it'll look like......look's pretty badass (if accurate!?, beats me). Think I'll add this texture to the Ranger's and add to their variety of apparel.......

I also came across an "Arid MCam" texture and I'm thinking of making some Rangers with some Arid MCam later. 

• Like 1

wow, I must be getting old LOL (so forgetful), so who evers reading this and still up for some Rangers, I had DaveGary's *Platecarrier Vest (*which I was asked not to use because it's someone else) with a **Camelbak (**I was told I have permission to use this) textures he gave me to use along my Ranger mod a while back when I was starting out, I was suprised to see them among some folders I was digging thru, glad I take the time being tidy.....anyway can't wait to port them ,maybe even re-texture them, it's gonna look dope. Will spread some screenshots from time to time......still I haven't seen any latest 75th Ranger mods yet, came across Dave's 75th Rangers Ranger thread but it seems he's gotten too busy to continue, for the time being I guess. 

Would you not be better off using the default ECH helmet for your Rangers, rather than re-texturing the Mich from Dave Garry? That way the rail system is more pronounced than having it showing via bump mapping/nohq mapping? Just a thought mate, as the Rangers of the past few years all wear the opscore and its variants.

Would you not be better off using the default ECH helmet for your Rangers, rather than re-texturing the *Mich from Dave Garry? That way the rail system is more pronounced than having it showing via bump mapping/nohq mapping?

heh!? just to understand you better,  you're saying that I re-textured DaveGary's *Mich helmet to look like an Ops-Core by using bump/normal maps to define the rail systems on the "Mich"!?, dude I am using DaveGary's Ops-Cores lol can't you tell in the dozens of pictures I posted!? It's the same model he's using on *his 75th Ranger's addon. There are solid definitions of the rails on his Ops-Core. The Mich I ported was just to show case, like I posted "just experimenting *porting" lolol it has nothing to do with re-texturing to look like an ops-core and nah I don't want to use that ECH, yuck! besides this doesn't look good or defined!?

davegarys_opscore__re_textured__by_dissi

• Like 1

My bad, I was presuming it was his helmet from his A2 version, now that you posted these, I can see the rails modelled, I think it was also meatball in his first Marine Recon addon for A2 that he just used textures to show the rails. as for Dave's Opscore it's good, but something doesn't look quite right with the shape say compared to the SOC one by Jeffers Pang ?  it's still the dogs bollocks though, and this will be another addon to my collection :D 

It's all good, this is a situation of "we make do with what we have", when I first started this mod I was making contact with other members and making plans in order to implement new models into this addon, than one day I just put gaming aside along with art, now I'm back to finish what i started even tho I've lost all my contacts and now I'm stuck with what I have and making do, bleh.....

• Like 2

Well you're doing what you have to do very well, a very long time ago I used to mod for Ghost Recon, the original series, there were some very good texture artists around these days, Bajabravo, Parrabelum, Whisper44, and myself, I went under the nickname "Argyll" back then.

Don't be discouraged, I gave up modding several times, and only recently got back into it, now the standard of weapons making is very high, Eric J was another Ghost Recon modder back in the day, and has been there pretty much consistently and it's showing in his latest works. I'm still cutting about contracting in the Middle East and don't have the time to spend on serious modding, and my standards have dropped way too much to do stuff for the public lol.

Have faith... if you built it, they will download it !! :D

• Like 1

in the works.....re-adjusted dave's ops-core, re-adjusted, re-textured,re blah blah....more variety ahead, more experimenting, more porting, texturing, zzZZZZ.......

Looks good so far. Definetely one of the most anticipated addons for me.

These helmets look really nice. Are the vests just going to be retextured Arma3 vanilla vests or will you get to that later?

I'm afriad I couldn't get any new vests, I tried (if anyone can hook me up,pm me). It's also fine because I really like the Raven vest in A3, looks really close to what a Ranger might wear. I just re-coloured it, I actually tried texturing it into multi cam but I couldn't get it right, I like the solid colour as is (references can back me up on that). I have tons of pictures/references and they wear a handful of variants of gear it's hard to emphasize the whole lot if you get what I mean. I was thinking about making a bunch of helmets with variant goggles/tac glasses than I had to think about the p3d file on how big the mb were and how that will effect loading time and whatever else it might effect so I just dumbed it down to 3. I "was" also going to use davegary's camelbak pack for the Rangers but it's such a low quality model that it looks....well low quality lol. But I'm just going to have to stick to the Raven vest for now I'm afraid, not going to use the platecarriers, just the raven. If I can just get a hold of Dave....