75rgr_icon_zpsqv4vxkpl_by_dissizithawaii

By Hawaiian & Siege-A

Aloha, this addon is a rendition of the U.S. Army's 75th Ranger Regiment, with the close help of user Siege-A.

I am aiming to get an "overall" look than to have a "quality" look implemented into this addon, If you need to know why, it's because I play on an iMac and when I purchased it I didn't have plans to play video games on it.

Including in the addon are Infantry and Inf. groups (*no vehicles) implemented as a faction to use in Arma III.

Of course it won't be 100% accurate due to my limited areas in modding, but I got them as close as I could with the help of many individuals who has contributed their time and work, which will always be appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to Version 0.5

155.11 MB

(Armaholic)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30356

(DropBox)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7d13evnbqbucfjb/HAYN_75Rangers_v1-1.7z?dl=0

(Steam)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1171952244

Please take the time to check out the Credits also, if you're interested in using certain assets, or just to see who made some of these dope assets.

Class of soldiers implemented: Team Ldr./Rifleman/Grenadier/Automatic Rifleman/Medic/unarmed personal/2-man Sniper Team/ReconTeam Ldr./ReconRifleman/ReconGrenadier/ReconAutomatic Rifleman/ReconMedic and additional "Night Ops Rangers" are a WIP at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S C R E E N S H O T S

opscore_set_small_by_dissizithawaii-d9mt

shoe textures by Hawaiian & road_runner>>asolo_fsn_95_gtx_by_dissizithawaii-d9pcg

C R E D I T S

Bohemia Interactive

for supporting your community of modders, your hard work is no doubt appreciated.....now release Arma 3 assets so I can get some proper NVG straps!!.....j/k, you guys are awesome!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TESTERS

Ineptaphid/road_runner/Siege-A

Thanks to these gentleman for helping test and squash all these kinks in the addon, anywhere from config errors and minor weighting issues.

Thanks to all who wanted to volunteer to test the addon and I apologize I had to turn you all down.

roadrunner aka. Argyle aka. Yoda 

first off this guy became my mentor and has helped me get this addon done when I was losing interest in the project (for the 2nd time). He’s helped me attain A2 DLC textures, gave me countless workflow teachings,introduced me to several helpful programs, he’s made Salomon/Asolo shoe textures that I am using in the addon (they are for all of us), guided me on making the Oakley SI tactical glove texture, helping in choosing a vest and implementing a few techniques and insight on Johannes’s Ciras vest. You are probably one of many interesting individuals I’ve met, and can’t thank you enough for your valued time.

DaveGary

Dave is one of the individuals who has helped me get started in the earliest stages of this addon. New modeled/textured Ops-Core helmet,parts, and Oakleys made by DaveGary. Hope you are okay brother, mahalo.

EricJ

EricJ is also one of the individuals who has helped me get started in the earliest stages of this addon. He has ported and implemented his own tweakings of the Scar-L,M4A1 Carbine (w/M203 variant), MK12 SPR,M110 SASS, and FN M249 SAW,he has also helped me with fixing of errors, helping in attaining additional textures, and implementing some new arrays in the config.

EricJ's addons and WIPs

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160521-ericj-release-thread/

Siege-A

For looking out for this mod and making additional assets/updates to the mod, for offering to make some killer insignias and patches for the addon, which are by far top quality work of course! And for the new 75th Ranger Regiment logo design, and additional config help.

UnderSiege Patches & Insignias:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171731-undersiege-patches-insignias/

Adacas

helping in implementing his own Ideas into my work (including the Airflex Padding & Diamond Gusset ideas) and contributing his valued time on helping me find a vest and lending me his Ciras LC vest,battle belt,face mask/balaclava and bolt cutters set that he took time to model himself to share with us, amazing work brother, you have been most kind to me, appreciate you Adam.

Lithuanian Special Forces addon:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184316-lithuanian-armed-forces/.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RobertHammer & ardvarkdb

giving me permission to use their MK18 Mod 1 addon, and thanks to those they credited on their page. What impressive work, thank you

MK18 Mod 1 addon: 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/147707-mk18-mod-1/.

Kiory

for also giving permission and access to the sourcefiles (available to everyone) of his SR-25/EC variant rifles, amazing craftsmanship!

SR-25/EC addon:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/178629-sr-25ec-release/

aduke823

lending me his modeled P-Mag to go with EricJs M4A1, also an NVG battery and NVG attachment, full credit to his art work and textures.

Lennard

For lending me his modeled AN/PVS-15 NVGs,modeling a set of zipties, and for donating new assets that you have also modeled, my deepest respect goes to you kind sir, your art work is appreciated.

itsthomas 

for contributing his THM beanies which are the best and my personal fav beanies in AIII, thank you for sharing.

fluttershy

for giving me advice on texturing the MCam to the seams of the uniform and additional texturing advice.

Syncing & Tigg

Cred due to these gentleman who took the time to model and texture the Garmin Foretex 301 GPS

Garmin Foretex 301 GPS:

http://gamebanana.com/models/2796

Warden_1

for lending me his *uncovered Ops-Core texture and for the WMX2000, JPC vest models (which I am still deciding on what to do with), and donating his other creations to the project,many thanks.

NORAF WIP addon:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170271-noraf-wip-thread/

William Hurt

Credit to this cat for making and sharing the patrol cap along with the textures provided.

US Army Patrol Cap

http://www.ageofarmour.com/3d/free/patrol-cap.html

-poet

advice on gear,general advice and very much needed motivation, thanks for having the patience to consult me.

nkey & the TFAR team

for their amazing TFAR addon and for leasing the assets (an/prc-152/148/etc, as open source.

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/159393-task-force-arrowhead-radio/

J.BAAGO

Adding the Rangers to Steam Workshop.

These gentleman were kind enough to lend or even give me consent to use their modeled assets which I decided not to use, I still appreciate your time, and I humbly thank you.

*mistercat

Ciras Vest

*Massi

Flecktarn mesh (to be determined)

*Sabre

giving me permission to use his hi-res textures for Jonny’s vests which I decided not to use, appreciate your consent nonetheless.

*Johannes

for having his ever so famous US Army Special Forces template available as a sourcefile, even tho I did not use it, still appreciate it.

Jonny’s US Army Special Forces template:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10403

W O R K S · I N · P R O G R E S S 

F U T U R E · P L A N S (things i "wanted" to do :( )

Adding Warden_1's JPC vest with a few variants.

Add a bunch of backpacks,radio and tactical.

New glasses models donated by Lennard will be introduced.

More Crye uniforms,custom shoe textures and mechanix gloves.

Re-work helmets & beanies, planning to add manta strobes and different set-ups.

Add an AN/PSQ NVG donated by Lennard.

make proper UI cards.

Will re-work the texture on DaveGary's Camelbak for the Rangers, add some variations.

Adding Ranger Night Ops units.

Adding additional gear.

***Vests are subject to change, 1 custom vest for each class planned  to suit there duty, Tm Ldr/Rifleman/AutoRifleman/Grenadier/Medic/Snipers .

I will try to re-work the Sniper and try to give him a really unique look.

Re-work currently used weapons textures and sounds.

add Squad Leader/AA/AT/Machine Gun Team/other combat groups.

P E R M I S S I O N S

80x15.png

75th Ranger Regiment by Hawaiian is licensed under a 

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

I have other Authors' works in this addon and I have to protect their work first, still feel free to ask me If you "need" to use something, I'll be more than happy to help you achieve your goals. ~Hawaiian

A D D O N · R E Q U I R E M E N T S

Community Based Addons also known as “CBA†by vipermaul

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168277-cba-community-base-addons-arma-3/

MK18 Mod 1 by RobertHammer & ardvarkdb

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/147707-mk18-mod-1/

SR-25/EC by kiory

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/178629-sr-25ec-release/

K N O W N · I S S U E S

~if you see the uniforms and gear on the ground, check if your CBA is updated please.

~must place 75th Ranger mod to load before *CBA for the addon to work properly. ~Hilary

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172680-us-75th-rangers/page-36#entry2975541

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172680-us-75th-rangers/page-36#entry2975559

~There is an issue involving the units in-game not having their respective ammo and misc loadouts if you ONLY are playing on Dev branch using this addon.

~No wound/blood textures on uniform due to a bug using custom rvmats, http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26393.

~known issue using RHS pistols without ammo will give the pistol a very obscure look, to fix this, just add ammo to the uniform/vest/pack/etc..

pics of issue(s):

arma3_2016_01_28_17_09_10_18_by_dissizit

~This is another issue/error but it doesn't seem to be affecting the game or weapon's function at all.

arma3_2016_01_30_17_26_02_59_by_dissizit

**I have full proof, evidence, and permission to *use/borrow all respectful authors models and textures for this addon. If you see anything I'm not supposed to be doing....oh well lol, j/k you can contact me and we can sort it out like gentleman.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Does anyone know where I can get some M4 rifles? I've emailed specific "weapon" addon makers and that was almost 5 weeks ago, I'd really like to get this addon out soon, any help would be appreciated.....

thanks for replying, hmm...what would you suggest? I'm assuming you're suggesting attachments also?

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the 75th is rocking M4 block 2's so you may wanna take a look at the MK18 pack that includes them.

Thanks for that, It would be dope if we can get some M4's, Scars, and those M4 Blocks I & II's tho, attachments I'm not too worried about right now but if I can kill two birds with one stone ,than that's more I can get done......

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

hey I love your weapon pack btw Eric, I love the craftsmanship on those SCAR rifles......is it possible to use those in my addon?

Well it's BIS's craftmanship but I adjusted the default textures to be more realistic, but send me a PM of what you need and I can create a specific weaponset for your mod.

Wow this is just flatout amazing so far! Finally so happy to see some multicam that actually looks correct! lol. Cant wait! I'm a huge fan of Rangers and will be one very soon! :)

Edited by Tristen2NT
TALK ABOUT AMAZING!

Well it's BIS's craftmanship but I adjusted the default textures to be more realistic, but send me a PM of what you need and I can create a specific weaponset for your mod.

That would be so helpful to me right now, I'll try and get you a list as soon as I can. Yea that texturing is top notch, very skilled (always using that SCAR rifle in my loadouts). Just out of curiosity this weaponset you're helping me with includes the M4's and block's, or just the SCARs?

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

Wow this is just flatout amazing so far! Finally so happy to see some multicam that actually looks correct! lol. Cant wait! I'm a huge fan of Rangers and will be one very soon! :)

mahalo, that means a lot to me. I'm such a perfectionist I think I re-textured the MCam like 6 times to get it right, but yea that's definitely final. I'm a fan of the Rangers too, best of luck to you on joining up.

• Like 1

Well... I only have one M4 that has removed the front sight post and uses a mount I created to mount flip sights, but PM me and we'll see what I can do.

Any modelers out there take requests by any chance? I was thinking of adding a few very small parts to go onto my Rangers helmets, will probably post a thread in the modeling section with more details but if anyone can help please let me know......

Edited by hawaiian

these look awesome! when i saw *another* multicam retex i was like ughhhhhh but then i looked and was super impressed, totally agree thats it actually looks the part. Cant wait to play with these bad boys. Props to eric for offering his services too! love the arma community :,)

LOL you'd probably be like "ugghh" at my first 5 tries. But yea this version I like best, spent many times lookin at reference pictures and the more I did the more I kept changing it and changing it til I got it somewhat right. I would love to get my hands on some desert Multi Cam tho, tried making my own but that just came out tragic. But yea Eric's a top notch dude.

i have some models for the ir beacon, comms headset and a helmet mounted surefire flashlight from my old ranger pack if you would like it.

Aloha Dave, thank you for your attention and yes I would love to borrow those model parts please. I always come across your 75th Rangers from A2 while looking for references, very classy work...though I've never got to use them since I've hardly played any Arma 2 in the time your addon came out.

Hey Hawaii_Based , your take on 75th Rangers is sweet, but I gotta ask which M4 is that on this latest screenshot? Is it a beta version of the latest RH M4s or Sabre´s M4s for RHS that you had acess to?

[EDIT] Are those ERicJ´s???? Their textures are quite sharp, doesn´t look like those he´s released on USAF mod or his own weapon packs... bizarre! =)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

I would suggest you move the flag texture to its proper location above the patch panel on the uniform. Take a look at the default NATO Recon uniform to see what I am referring to. This will properly allow custom textures such as squad.xml and custom patches to go on the patch panel without having the flag texture in the way. Other than that suggestion, everything looks great. I especially love your glove textures.

Crpl Lib.........The Rifle is BI's M4A1 (from what I gathered from Eric) but with EricJ's tweakings. It will be implemented into the Rangers loadouts along with SCAR-L and hopefully some CQB Block rifles which I'm trying to get permission to use. Hopefully when you try them out as I have, you'll like the results because to my opinion these are the best rifles I've shot so far in the game.....but that's for you guys to decide (of course lol).

Kilo1-1 ...yes you're right, I'll "try" and fix that but the thing is if you assume to re-texture only the right arm, it will show up on the left arm as well. I've also tested my uniform with patches and the flag does get in the way of a "cut" logo but not a squared logo , the squared logo will cover up the left arm flag (to which I re-sized the flag to be covered by a patch) but yea I'll see if it can be done, no problem.

Edited by Hawaii_Based

;2783846']Hey Hawaii_Based ' date=' your take on 75th Rangers is sweet, but I gotta ask which M4 is that on this latest screenshot? Is it a beta version of the latest RH M4s or Sabre´s M4s for RHS that you had acess to?

[EDIT'] Are those ERicJ´s???? Their textures are quite sharp, doesn´t look like those he´s released on USAF mod or his own weapon packs... bizarre! =)

cheers!

Yeah as Hawaii_Based said they're just the A2 M4A3s renamed M4A1s. I did some tweaks to the overall darkness of the weapons as I spend more time tweaking them. I may adjust the barrel though as I was running through my course and finally (oddly) caught that, so I'll probably send him some more tweaked textures and models.

And now we will definitely have to run this mod if we want those rifles lol.

Seriously though, this mod is showing promise, looking forward to the release!

3P0X1...that's not entirely true, I will have a separate pbo for that. It will be in the folder of my Rangers but you can just use the weapons by putting it in a separate folder to use standalone and throw my Rangers in the trash lol I guess

Edited by Hawaii_Based

Sorry if I implied that I wouldn't use the rangers, that wasn't my intention lol.

I am actually very much looking forward to your mod