Sign in to follow this  
pulstar

Armored Warfare

Massively (heh) disappointed that they haven't even bothered to model authentic sights. It wouldn't have been that difficult! And the WoT sighting system, bleh.

I was surprised to hear that Obsidian would make a game like this.

The game is using the Cry Engine if I'm not mistaken.

Yes it does, and it looks to be a wasted opportunity on all fronts.

I was quite surprised seeing such a blatant UI copypasta, heck if they only showed that tank paper doll & map i could´ve been tricked into thinking it was a WoT screeny.

(sure, it´s effective, well known, and just works, so why not lol)

The rest of it looks like a worse "War Thunder ground forces" gameplay and graphic wise, so yeah ... wth we´re they thinking? :D

And wheres my Fallout4 New Utah?!!!

I've played the Game today, i'ts a World of Tanks clone with better graphics.

The Graphic is good and the effects are nice, the gameplay is the same as in WoT, but the game makes a lot of fun.

some screens i made today, click to enlarge

500x.resizedimage 500x.resizedimage 500x.resizedimage 500x.resizedimage 500x.resizedimage 500x.resizedimage 500x.resizedimage 500x.resizedimage 500x.resizedimage

So is this out, anyone got a proper review up or anything?

Is there a vehicle list anywhere?

It's a WOT style game with hitpoints, designed for competetive play, which happens to have tank models that look like real ones. Not a sim, thus boring.

Much more hyped about the post korean war stuff that is coming to Warthunder. Leopard 1, M-60, T-62, T-10, yes baby.

Thats sad, I was hoping for a War Thunder like gameplay too.

Well when it comes out I will still at least try it as long as its f2p.

It's a WOT style game with hitpoints, designed for competetive play, which happens to have tank models that look like real ones. Not a sim, thus boring.

Much more hyped about the post korean war stuff that is coming to Warthunder. Leopard 1, M-60, T-62, T-10, yes baby.

I play quite a lot of Warthunder but I´m really loosing interest in that game very fast.

Both Tank and Airplane games are plagued by the horrible and unhistoric Battle Rating and Matchmaking system.

The game is going more pay-to-win with each patch due to "Premium" planes and tanks that can only be bought with real money. Those planes and tanks are usually absolutelly OP often to a ridiculous level.

Higher Tier vehicles are a painfully long grind until you unlock them, especially with tanks.

Add to that the horrendous Soviet bias in this game where everything Soviet is great, and everything German or Japanese gets shafted and it just becomes very tedious to play.

The new Leopard 1 for example (wich IRL was a very mobile tank) will have a top speed of only 40km/h, traverse super slow and have paper thin armor. And it still can´t pen the IS3 from the front....The new T10 will murder everything obviously.

I play quite a lot of Warthunder but I´m really loosing interest in that game very fast.

Both Tank and Airplane games are plagued by the horrible and unhistoric Battle Rating and Matchmaking system.

The game is going more pay-to-win with each patch due to "Premium" planes and tanks that can only be bought with real money. Those planes and tanks are usually absolutelly OP often to a ridiculous level.

Higher Tier vehicles are a painfully long grind until you unlock them, especially with tanks.

Add to that the horrendous Soviet bias in this game where everything Soviet is great, and everything German or Japanese gets shafted and it just becomes very tedious to play.

The new Leopard 1 for example (wich IRL was a very mobile tank) will have a top speed of only 40km/h, traverse super slow and have paper thin armor. And it still can´t pen the IS3 from the front....The new T10 will murder everything obviously.

Reminds me of the T34 being put into ranked games much lower then it should be, and consequently he who has t34's always wins.

Yeh warthunder has problems as well... Particulary the tank side. They use the amount of explosive filler in the APHE rounds to generate the amount of splinters that the grenade will create on impact, so impacts from german cannons (in the lower tiers) are by default alot weaker in what damage they actually cause inside the tank.

The planes are better off, because there is a higher skill ceiling. In armored battle the one with better armor and bigger gun wins most of the time.

Reminds me of the T34 being put into ranked games much lower then it should be, and consequently he who has t34's always wins.

I saved the replay of unlocking the second (iirc) T34 and went into battle with it unupgraded... 11 kills with that thing, no death...

So I downloaded their hefty installer, and played one round before uninstalling it. I just can't fathom the futuristic HUD on cold war hardware. If they'd gone with futuristic tanks, then maybe I could have played a bit more.

So I downloaded their hefty installer, and played one round before uninstalling it. I just can't fathom the futuristic HUD on cold war hardware. If they'd gone with futuristic tanks, then maybe I could have played a bit more.

There is not only cold war tank, you also have new one and prototypes (but there are in higher tiers of the game).

http://armoredwarfare.gamepedia.com/Vehicle

You can also disable (part of it or completely) or modify the HUD.

it's still "magic UI" with "x-ray" view of vehicles you target at. Giant turn-off.