sgtsev3n

would you still buy any BI product ?

Would you still buy any BI Product ?  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still buy any BI Product ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Yes, but no more ArmA

I'm a real fan of the Arma series, however i must say in the meanwhile i dont have fun playing the game anymore. Even though the map size and graphics and other things have much improved,there are still these old problems and newer problems that came up since the release of Arma 3 like:

-CPU bottleneck, bad performance in MP

-Ai behaviour

-too few gamemodes provided by BI. Altis Life hype imo ruined the game. its hard to find a server you can play on

These are just a few problems, but make a very huge impact to the game.

IMO BI should defenately focus more on solving these problems instead of creating new content like maps, units etc. as this is done by the community anyways.

The additional gameplay features like weapon resting, improved flight model, bullet penetration, firing from vehicles and many other things are really great! Thumps up for that.

So how about melee combat or other things? :P

I'm an optimistic guy though and look forward to the next part of the Arma series.. some day. until then i will play other games like star citizen or so lol.

• Like 1

Most of the people here saying AI of Arma is bad just they don't know a shit.

First of all, bad AI compared with what????

If you see weird behaviour just remember you are playing Arma, not CoD. It is not the same to program an AI to manage let's say 50 waypoints than BILLIONS of possible positions, 10 possible cover places than THOUSANDS which can be attacked by any angle. For me, and I can say with no doubt I know much more than all those people, it's just a miracle.

I am not saying it's perfect, I am saying if Arma 3 AI is bad, then the whole gaming industry is in the stone age.

• Like 1

Most of the people here saying AI of Arma is bad just they don't know a shit.

First of all, bad AI compared with what????

If you see weird behaviour just remember you are playing Arma, not CoD. It is not the same to program an AI to manage let's say 50 waypoints than BILLIONS of possible positions, 10 possible cover places than THOUSANDS which can be attacked by any angle.

What you're not understanding youngster, is that ArmA, which dates back to the early 90s always respected community mods. You are right sir, the AI in A3 is not bad by itself. The problem is, ARMA has always been a mod based game with a (small) mature audience of community developers which is what made ArmA so great. The fact that BIS tends to make drastic changes late after the game as been released for (what three years now?) ...has broken many mods and as a result you're going to have people complaining about bad AI. ArmA-3 has some great improvements, but BIS could have done better to port community assets over from ArmA2, and just recently broke all the ported islands that were brought over from A2 with their new shader update. They don't want people bringing old assets back, because their new concept is selling DLC's and making more money. Wake up people.

As far as my response to the OT:

I still do $$$ support them, but I'm getting second thoughts. I don't like some of the new tactics that BIS is using to market their profits. The automatic inclusion of DLCs is one that comes to mind. And deciding to do major updates to the lighting system, thus breaking all community mods three years later after the release of A3? Are they kidding. With the increase of more new customers, BIS has become too large to be personal anymore. They don't have time to read posts anymore because their too busy making new titles.

Honest truth: I wouldn't have even bought A3 if it were not for the CUP add-ons. A3 sucks compared to A2 without the Community Upgrade Project. That is the ONLY reason I play A3. So many years of great assets that the community has put into building A2 up to to the great game it was. And then none of it was included in A3? BIS's excuse was that it was a futuristic - infantry based game, or a new title if you will. Well if it's not the same game, then why would they not just name it something else. There are more people playing A2 still, and the last update for it has been released. This is how business shove new products down our throats. Microsoft comes to mind.

• Like 1

I definitely would, but BI aren't making it easy for me. They give me everything for free! :icon18:

• Like 2

Yes because BIS allow us to mod this game and make our own game mods etc.

• Like 3

Yes because BIS allow us to mod this game and make our own game mods etc.

However they yet to allow creators to be paid by owners of communities and mod organisations for their hard work. This is because the work is done within Arma tools and the tools used to create their work is within there. I don't know I think it's a bit piety to disallow creators to be paid, just because their work was created within Arma tools. I'm not 100% sure on the information regarding payments to creators but I know it's a grey area and I think BIS should re-consider stuff. Additionally, I think BIS need to look into servers who are charging players for items/perks without monetization approval a bit more. Also to add I think they need to provide a better open stance on the community about protecting the creators work as at the moment, work/mods are just being thrown about and stolen left, right and centre. Finally if any of you aren't bored and read through all of this, thanks and yes I would buy another Bohemia Title.

However they yet to allow creators to be paid by owners of communities and mod organisations for their hard work. This is because the work is done within Arma tools and the tools used to create their work is within there. I don't know I think it's a bit piety to disallow creators to be paid, just because their work was created within Arma tools. I'm not 100% sure on the information regarding payments to creators but I know it's a grey area and I think BIS should re-consider stuff. Additionally, I think BIS need to look into servers who are charging players for items/perks without monetization approval a bit more. Also to add I think they need to provide a better open stance on the community about protecting the creators work as at the moment, work/mods are just being thrown about and stolen left, right and centre. Finally if any of you aren't bored and read through all of this, thanks and yes I would buy another Bohemia Title.

I think you dont know any idea about you are talking about....

There's no legal way to charge for any work make with BIS TOOLS because BIS dont allow that. All the payments are illegal and without permission from BIS. Only payments tolerated by BIS are the MONETIZED SERVERS and only for maintain the SERVERS.

All the "perks", "starter packs", and something other form to sell "something" are illegal and even when the peopley are paying to maintain his own server they are illegal because if the server is not allowed BIS MONETIZED AGREEMENT they cannot charge for using BIS Software.

I think you dont know any idea about you are talking about....

There's no legal way to charge for any work make with BIS TOOLS because BIS dont allow that. All the payments are illegal and without permission from BIS. Only payments tolerated by BIS are the MONETIZED SERVERS and only for maintain the SERVERS.

All the "perks", "starter packs", and something other form to sell "something" are illegal and even when the peopley are paying to maintain his own server they are illegal because if the server is not allowed BIS MONETIZED AGREEMENT they cannot charge for using BIS Software.

If you ask me that's bullshit, creators spend a lot of time and effort using Bohemia tools to put their work in Arma. Then they can't even get paid by whom ever they are doing it for because they used BIS tools, that's stupid in my opinion. And I'm fully aware of what you stated about 'started packs', 'perks' and whatever, however your missing my point I'm trying to state that creators use a lot of their time learning BIS tools and through them putting their creations in Arma through the tools they can't get paid? Like I said that's stupid, I don't think you understand what I'm trying to state. Also I did say I wasn't 100% sure on BIS terms fully, only information I have gathered from various sources... read first.

This question is so flawed. I think you're trying to ask "Would you ever buy a BIstudio game again?". Not "Would you buy any game made by bohemia interactive like you used to do sometime in the past". 

No I wouldn't buy any game. Yes I'd buy every ArmA game. Hopefully they just return to the A2 style and skip the whole A3 style in A4. 

• Like 1

This question is so flawed. I think you're trying to ask "Would you ever buy a BIstudio game again?". Not "Would you buy any game made by bohemia interactive like you used to do sometime in the past". 

No I wouldn't buy any game. Yes I'd buy every ArmA game. Hopefully they just return to the A2 style and skip the whole A3 style in A4. 

I think the AI is ok, but they need to revamp the entire collision and tracking system in the engine. I know that's easier said then done, since collision and tracking is very CPU intensive. Setting more way points is the only solution at the moment, but that would kill performance.  I just played a game, and the tanks were running into light polls, buildings and hitting each other. Though to be fair, these were Red Hammer Addon mods.

I think the AI is ok, but they need to revamp the entire collision and tracking system in the engine. I know that's easier said then done, since collision and tracking is very CPU intensive. Setting more way points is the only solution at the moment, but that would kill performance.  I just played a game, and the tanks were running into light polls, buildings and hitting each other. Though to be fair, these were Red Hammer Addon mods.

Using a mod is not really a true reflection of the game, as mods change the game. 

The 2013 purchase of arma 3 i thought content and future content was included, then i found out it was not included with apex. I think many not just myself found that a tad wrong. I remember the full package was closer to 160 bucks for me back then.

Besides that i moved on, its an expansion whatever.

I am just not sure anymore with dayz standalone, and arma 3 performances, and lack of company respect for people i am just not sure anymore.

You were never promised something that you didn't get. Maybe you should at least read a description of things you're about to buy.

BI even gave away way more content for free than was promised.

I only play offline so AI is important but AI driving is so bad I'll really have to think hard about any future purchases.

Poll: Would you read another thread entitled "Would you buy another BI product"?

The editor is the ENTIRE reason for the existence of ArmA.  It would be lunacy to remove the editor from the game.  Do that and it's just a BF or COD clone and ArmA is a long way from competing with the like of those games.  Just the same, BF and COD are a long way from competing with ArmA.  Different games and I hope they keep it that way.

I wouldn't buy just any BI title. I've browsed their catalog and the only thing that interests me is ARMA.

If they make more DLC for ARMA 3, I'll buy it. If they make ARMA 4, I'll buy it.

Been with Codemasters for OFP then with BI. have multiple copies of all Arma games. just purchased A3 about a week ago. I am saddened by what this game has changed into. All about the money grubbing now. Spamming my game with ads to purchase content. 20 hits to kill an enemy. BI should just change their name to EA cause thats what they have become. BI has never been and will never be what made the Arma series of games great. It has always been and will always be the modders and mapmakers and the community of gamers and the players who make it great. BI provides a canvas that we all payed them for and we apply the paint that makes a beautiful masterpiece out of it, even though it is slightly torn and showing its age. Such great times with Arma 2 and now I have this game that makes me want to make an adblocker for it. I wish BI would go back to its roots and focus on this game again instead of trying to monitize everything. No i dont need a mobile ops arma game, or Argo or any other game that takes away from making this game the best it can be. Hard copies and no steam client necessary for the purchase and install of the game would be a great start. But i dont see that happening since it has become clear to me that BI is now primarily focused on the monitization aspect of gaming. Is Arma 3 as good as Arma 2?? Not on its best day IMHO. Not looking for Arma 4, having had a taste of Arma 3. Long time fan and above average supporter of BI. Just my 2 cents on the state of the game I once loved.      

I fail to see how what BIS has done with ArmA III is really that much different than ArmA II.....

ArmA II

Operation Arrowhead

British Armed Forces

Army of the Checzk Republic

.... and community’s mods drove the game then, too.

Has the price of admission gone up. Yep. Just like everything else has,.

IIRC even the Arma 3 base game package, bought 4 and a bit years after release, gets you all the subsequent development that underpinned the DLC. Eden editor, "remotExec", all that fancy virtual arsenal/garage stuff, malden, weapon resting, etc. Its actually a LOT! It seems pretty far from monetized to me, the past years of pretty huge updates have been free, the DLC are not essential for the benefit of any of them.

the Van is pretty cool though ; )

i won't buy arma 4 unless BI can CATEGORICALLY state that the AI won't run over anyone....

Yeah I think I am burnt out on the ArmA series. I mean If i need an excuse to upgrade my system I can think of better reasons. I miss OFP. I miss jumping into a quick mission with a couple friends and playing for an hour or so and finishing a mission. A3 never seemed to be THAT game. More so than better graphics I would rather see better performance and I have come to realize that is never going to happen. So yeah this is probably my last BIS rodeo. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Strange you would say that.  There are a handful of dynamic missions out there that provide just the type of gameplay you are talking about... 1 hour or so, in and out. Some even persistent so that there is a long term goal associated with even short engagements.

Anyhow, back on topic... I'll be there for Alpha.  Heck I'll sign up for the alpha of the alpha. No other game has ever captured my long term interest in the way that ArmA has.  I've been in since Operation Flashpoint and see no reason not to continue to enjoy the series.