sgtsev3n

would you still buy any BI product ?

Would you still buy any BI Product ?  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still buy any BI Product ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Yes, but no more ArmA

I'd have to think twice, I've been a fan since my first demo of OFP.

However there is one area that is a shambles and it seems to be getting worse and that is AI's driving ability or I should say lack of it.

Every time the subject is brought up it's either dismissed with tell us what tree or rock they are crashing into.

Then we have ..   were busy with xx project right now but it will be looked at.

Or simply we are aware of it.

I think as a military sim it's not to much to expect the AI to be able to drive from point A to point B reliably.

They should be able to drive in convoy with mixed vehicle types.

They should be able to drive backwards when ordered to do so.

They should not jump into the air every now and then,

A Gunner should not be forced to take command (ie. has no choice right now) when he is not grouped to driver cancelling the drivers pre set waypoints without choosing to take command by pressing a key as in A2/OA

Yes it great that we have the new editor and Zeus if you like MP although it's no for me.

Unless they can demonstrate improved AI driving and not just an empty promise  I guess we may have reached  the end of the road.

• Like 1

I will come back to Arma when:

1. The units, weapons, gore is realistic.

2. It sports a new engine

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Before ArmA III I have bought all BIS titles manifold blindly for me and friends but after ArmA III I tend to have a look at the game first. ArmA III was the first one I really hesitated for years and just recently bought it. I still spend more time with ArmA II

Years ago I was introduced to ARMA II and didn't like it. Fast forward a few years later when ARMA III came out I played it since ALPHA and haven't touched anything else since. Bohemia is really trying to make ARMA III appeal to the old schoolers out there as well as converting people from conventional FPS (Battlefield, COD, etc...) like me and it's working. So yeah I'll most probably buy BI products if they appeal to me.

Years ago I was introduced to ARMA II and didn't like it.

Bohemia is really trying to make ARMA III appeal to the old schoolers out there

People might throw this around, but it simply isnt the consensus, no matter what the intention was, it was pretty clear almost every single decision changing ArmA III from the previous ArmA titles was away from realism and catering to a different audience. Simply not changing a part of your game is not "appealing to the old schoolers out there" it is simply that they thought they didnt need to change it/ were not smart enough to come up with replacements.

I said Maybe, reason for this is...

arma2 was amazing, I spent well over a 1000 hours playing in teams and on random sites. Arma3, I haven't even played more than a 100 hours, the reason for this is framerate it gets so bad 9fps sometimes it's all full just trying to line up a shot when some guy is running in front of you and your gun moving in big block moves .

I think that the way forward for this game to be bigger than battlefield is to improve the multiplayer system, joining friends groups and armies,I have a great way of actually playing the the full map but with pos 1200 players bohemia you need to maybe invest in a server that is dedicated to your game this would help you very much. 

• Like 1

Also done with BI. I was done with BI for a long time, but now with their ill choices in allowing the community to change config values at such a late development cycle I realize they know nothing about game design theory at its core, or they simple don't care. Either way, ArmA 3 is a mess and I could never see myself playing it without major engine calculation rebalancing, and ArmA 2 is getting broken more day by day, so there's no point. Here's hoping some competitor will come along, and they certainly have my monetary support.

• Like 1

Absolutly not, BI releases a new scifi futuristic po. that still performs worse than  ArmA1@release. Than as another slap in the face to the ppl who have supported them since OFP when nobody heard of the series theygo an kill the one game that was worth anything ArmA2.

i will definitely be buying more BI products.After years of console gaming I was looking for a game I did not know existed-which turned out to be Arma. The level of freedom is simply unparalleled in any other game. 

Of course there are some things I wish were different. Having a GTX 980,16GB of RAM and an i54690k should get you stable performance in any game...

And also I was surprised with some features missing from A3. Specifically in the SinglePlayer side of things I missed the depth of A2's campaign-being able to speak to civilians and ask for info was a great touch and I think would have made more sense in A3's rebel-focused story since all rebel groups depend on the local populace to survive. 

Also the game needs female characters. Thats just a fact. And ponds ;)

Also the game needs female characters. Thats just a fact. And ponds ;)

Ponds are... engine-supported. Though of course, that means that Bohemia should actually include them in Tanoa...

Ponds are... engine-supported. Though of course, that means that Bohemia should actually include them in Tanoa...

Indeed.  It looks like Altis was meant to have them originally. It has several "dry" lakes, a dam,a river delta and the whole swamp area which just looks weird now with the sea water. I try to avoid that area because it just looks so odd with bright blue water with ocean sounds in a swamp.

Where i am not one for arma at all, take on mars is nothing short of awesome for me, mmrtg's? i never heard of them and their a legit component nasa and space x use.. this game is by far one of the best sim games with sandbox features i have played, couple it with a very active steam community and workshop, and you have some serious bang..

I think in their next ArmA game they'd need to make a selling point out of performance improvement for me to consider. But looking what ArmA 3 is, how much fun I am having with it, how much support and how many free updates it's getting... yeah I am leaning toward yes. :)

Good on you, BIS. :*

Obviously if you are not interested in any BI games, then why the heck are you still on the forums... :P

Bohemia Interactive has a lot of potential, which I can understand their state and position (their company is the size of a two story building, btw). However, probably sometime soon we may see BISim exchanging more mechanics and info throughout time. I would love to see BIS working to get bugs fixed, but at the same time they are also creating more content to keep their game alive. The company probably is looking for more staff, and by 2018 I am considering to join them. But if I were in their shoes, I would be wanting to get those bugs fixed/solved.

I would never buy a BIS game again....

... wait, I´ve preordered ArmA 3 Apex expansion just yesterday !

OK, I think I will buy all ArmA titles till the bloody end of this series ;).

I am here since OFP release and will support this team until they stop with these kind of games.

• Like 2

100x yes - this is by far the best fps available at the mo, would not hesitate to buy another BI game. BUT .... fixing the cpu bottleneck should be a big one on the TO DO list.

yes i would and probably will continue to do so. the only thing i hope for is for better optimization which will hopefully be coming with arma 4 on a new engine sometime in the coming years.

1700+ hours in arma 2 so far, and thats not the end yet. :-)  Few Hours in Arma3 also, but you know, A2 is a lot better game still. 

Only when they will be 100% finished. No more beta games for me anymore.

yes i would and probably will continue to do so. the only thing i hope for is for better optimization which will hopefully be coming with arma 4 on a new engine sometime in the coming years.

what new engine?