sgtsev3n

would you still buy any BI product ?

Would you still buy any BI Product ?  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still buy any BI Product ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Yes, but no more ArmA

Of course I will. BI has always delivered a top notch product with this particular series. By top notch I mean they've all made me very happy and I have always had a great time. More so than with any other game. Other games are always very fun at first and great to look at, but they always seem to get old very quickly. Arma may be buggy and even dated, but I can look past those things as the possibilities the game offers greatly outweigh the cons. My2C

I third it.

Yes, obviously. It's not like there is any contender.

The only times ive ruled out buying games from specific developers is when the large majority of their games are crap and continue to be crap even when the players and fan base are telling the developers whats wrong and how they need to fix things...and the developers do nothing or very little....*Cough*EA*Cough*

BIS are actively listening and communicating with their player base. Its like the holy grail of gamer and developer relationships, to be able to point out whats wrong and have the developers listen. Yea maybe they don't do things 100% how we want it but they are there trying to make something they have a vision of AND trying to accommodate the desires of the player base.

..so... yes?

Edit:

I really like ARMA anyway... :o

Warts and all, Armed Assault thru ArmA III including all DLC have been better than any other alternative out there for the genre BEFORE we even start talking about mods. Period. PEER-EEE-UD! And for all the shortcomings that the titles have had there is an army of willing and able scripters and modellers that have deluged us with gigabytes of additional content that takes the series far beyond the released product.... FREE OF CHARGE. And for those who say, "it should have been in there in the first place"... well, it is if you have the drive, ambition and skill to unlock the potential of the engine.

Is it perfect, no. Nothing ever is. Do I wish BIS would put more emphasis on squashing long standing bugs, yes. None the less I have received hundred and hundreds of hours of enjoyment and enough "wow" moments to offset the "aww crap" onces quite handily.

Count me as a yes for ArmA 4 and beyond.

Well said and totally agree!

Answer is YES!

Been around here since day one and the fun and enjoyment I get from the series far outweighs the bugs, even the longstanding ones.

Sorry if this had already been posted on behalf of Steam opt-out installation on PC. There is quite a few people out there included me will not want to buy any games which have no opt-out of Steam option. I have Arma 1 (not Steam) and Arma 2 (Was not on Steam at first). We would love to buy Arma 3 but without being force into Steam?. This is the main reason why I did not bought Arma 3.

Sorry if this had already been posted on behalf of Steam opt-out installation on PC. There is quite a few people out there included me will not want to buy any games which have no opt-out of Steam option. I have Arma 1 (not Steam) and Arma 2 (Was not on Steam at first). We would love to buy Arma 3 but without being force into Steam?. This is the main reason why I did not bought Arma 3.

They could care less about us non steam users. That's why I stopped supporting them.

Cheers for reply and this is a shame really, they say Steam is there to combat piracy which is not true. There is games out there the like of Skyrim and Skyrim Legendary No-Steam torrents which we had played many time and loving it. We had bought Skyrim and Skyrim Legendary retail beforehand anyway just for this. If there an Arma 3 No-Steam torrent out there, be sure Arma 3 will be purchased already.

Almost 1000 hours of Arma 3 for ~25 bucks was really good value for money, I have to say. However, I've decided to only buy software anymore that supports my main platform, which would be Linux. So unless BI decide to make their future products (and possibly new engine) available for Linux too, I will have to pass next time, since I basically have a whole OS installed on my computer just to play Arma and once i'm done playing Arma 3, it will go away for ever.

Cheers for reply and this is a shame really, they say Steam is there to combat piracy which is not true. There is games out there the like of Skyrim and Skyrim Legendary No-Steam torrents which we had played many time and loving it. We had bought Skyrim and Skyrim Legendary retail beforehand anyway just for this. If there an Arma 3 No-Steam torrent out there, be sure Arma 3 will be purchased already.

I don't think they ever said anything like that. Steamworks games are just as easily pirated as any game...

Although to them Steam has numerous advantages. It allows them to unify their releases into a single one, while there were numerous "editions" for past Arma releases depending on countries, time of release and the costly need for different publishers. It's just a whole lot simpler for them to patch with Steam, and they only have to give 1/3 of their sales to Steam and only for the copies sold on the Steam store. It has plenty of advantages for both BiS and their user base.

Steam also has very useful community features, a server tracker which conveniently replaced Gamespy, DevBranch, Workshop ect.. ect..

Anyway this isn't a subject. Steam haters are a tiny vocal minority nobody cares too much about.

Edited by dunedain
  • Like 1

Of the options you give I can only say 'No', but that isn't really what I want to put.

I'm an ArmA player and pretty much that's it. I've never been tempted into the twitch shooter FPS games, but after seeing online videos by Dlysexci and Jester814 and seeing the potential of truly 'cooperative' multiplayer ArmA had going for it, I bought A3 in early alpha and have never regretted that decision.

I have no interest in the Take on... games and probably will never buy/play them.

A3 is going to be here for a while, so I don't see me having to fork out for A4 anytime soon.

I don't see the CPU/GPU utilisation of the current setup as too much of an issue. Having a server that holds up with 60+ players and clients that are able to run at 25-40 fps is where we are at ATM. Extra CPU/GPU utilisation isn't going to give you much over what we have now. (Caveat: We offload all AI processing to a dedicated HC. This is where you can get the biggest payback in effort.)

Of course this guy gets banned.

15 years, people still getting 15-25 fps max in multiplayer. Doesn't matter if you have a 500$, 2000$ system, or Lowest or Ultra settings. You can get like 60+ on singleplayer but be capped at 18 in a 30 player multiplayer server.

I'd love for them to finally prove me wrong, but it's clear they just don't know how to fix this issue due to horrible coding. It started as another move-in-all-directions-endlessly simulation.. it turned into this pile of junk that only works on singleplayer after 15 years of work put into it. I would not buy another BI game based on this. They are childish and once this guy received any attention on the matter he was banned or ignored as usual. gg

• Like 1

Of course this guy gets banned.

This coming from a guy with at least three four accounts... :rolleyes:

§11) No duplicate accounts

Having several accounts is strictly forbidden. If you want to get a new account contact a moderator. If you wish to change your name for any reason we will be happy to do that, if you discover you inadvertently ended up with two accounts we can merge them for you, better to inform a moderator than risk being banned as a "dupe". Please note that due to abuse by people trying to circumvent the duplicate account rules we do not allow forum accounts to access the forums using a VPN/Proxies/Tor network etc. etc. if you feel that you need to use this kind of service because of security/privacy/network tunnelling concerns please contact a moderator.

Of course I would!

As far as I know, there is no other milsim platform with so many possibilities as Arma series. I myself own all Arma games and still can remember playing OFP when I was younger. Certainly it has its bugs, but it's a huge platform, so everything can't be perfect.

yeah I own pretty much everything BIS but I am with the guys who would like to see a better running game. It will definitely effect my next purchase from BIS. I am tired of the standard "Go spend more money on hardware" answer they like to throw out.

• Like 1

I'll buy a BI product if I like it, I won't blindly buy anything they put out there. E.g. the expansion will be something I'll pick up.

The game... isn't the problem. The server is and always has been the problem when it comes to performance. Issues.

yeah I own pretty much everything BIS but I am with the guys who would like to see a better running game. It will definitely effect my next purchase from BIS. I am tired of the standard "Go spend more money on hardware" answer they like to throw out.

I agree with you.

I have to say "Maybe". As long as I'm interested on it, I'd buy it. For example, I wouldn't buy Take on Mars, 'cause I'm not really into space exploration. I only bought Take on Helicopters to improve my flying skills in Arma 3, and only because it was bundled in HB.

Arma series? Hell yeah, shut up and take my money. Other series? I'd have to take a look at them before buying.

Yes the game have a lot of problems but after almost 800 hours of playing this game, i can't really complain :) 0.028 euro cent per hour for having fun.

I really LOVE Arma 2-3, and I think this game has the best Community for mods then any other game on the market, but they shouldn't have to fix issues within the game, I just wish BIS would change a few things, like focusing on more game play issues like the weapons sway, vehicle turning and game play mechanics. Some things are really terrible and completely unnatural/unrealistic, I have several issues though they will not keep me from playing and enjoying teamwork :). I'm looking forward to more DLC that's practical like the heli's NOT Karts, lets keep it focused on military game play IMO.

Even though i'm tired of A3 and it's futuristic setting it has given more enjoyment then any other title besides A2, so yes sure i would buy another BI game if it caught my interest. If there will be a ArmA 4 and the setting is right i wouldn't hestitate buying it.

Probably not unless something changes... if it wasn't for the outstanding community this milsim would die.

Where's the double precision like every other game out there?

Where's the completed 3D editor, come on partial in A2 and now A3?

• Like 1

_____

Edited by SSD

such complaining bohemia has the smartest ai ive seen.

Let's be honest: NO OTHER GAME comes close Arma 3 sandbox platform in terms of complexity, commands and possibilities to use / recreate available. BI games have the most advanced AI in the industry so far.

Consider how many different factors A3's AI takes into account at any given time / situation. It's amazing and deserves more recognition.

STALKER AI is the closest to A3, but it's still far from the king.

A3 handles helicopter, tank, vehicle, infantry AI. What other game manages so many categories of AI? Here's the answer: NONE.

Back to complexity and sandbox, the closest I've seen is next-gen GTA5, yet their AI, sound engine, etc. remains atrocious. Rockstar has many more studios and employees, they profit more.

However, with all its current resources, BIS does an amazing job keeping RV engine alive. They're extremely productive, passionate, and so on.

Some believe otherwise. It's their problem: they read up some non-sense bullshit articles / watch videos of popular youtube people explaining stuff they've got no idea about.

Feeding false information is such a common trend nowadays.

---------- Post added at 08:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

They could care less about us non steam users. That's why I stopped supporting them.

What's with the Steam hatred? And why? Because you perceive it as a monopoly in online gaming? Maybe Steam follows you, collects your info, uses it for marketing purposes (like Facebook)?

Why do you think you're so important and entitled?

I know Steam topic has been discussed to death, but I'd like to hear a reasoning beyond my comprehension. Filled with logic and a convincing rationale.

Steam is an amazing platform and it provides developers with many statistics to make further decisions based on actual trust-able data collected. Steam lets devs set up their games for sale with less budget issues. No more necessity for boxed versions in stores to get popular instantly.