Sign in to follow this  
atlantisthief

A few questions about Zeus

Hello everyone, i have gathered a few questions I'm stuck upon playing a few zeus missions (as zeus :P):

I play on a custom zeus mission, filled with 2 Zeus Entities as playable units (Unit on ground), a custom base and a virtual aresnal box.

So here are my questions:

1. Can I as Zeus somehow apply certain script commands to a player? Something like "this setCaptive true"? I can do that on debug screen, but obviously I can't target a specific player. I could try to achieve that using names for each placed unit in editor, but it's hard to determine who is who once everyone joined in (after I have build stuff).

2. How can I place a new box with an action menu entry going for an virtual arsenal via Zeus? Yesterday someone made a mistake and destroyed the virtual box for everyone :(

3. Is there a way to make it possible to actually edit player positions? As said, a predefined unit spawn location is set for a pretty much default "out of base" experience, but I was interested in doing a start somewhere else on the map. I had a workaround getting the players geared up and getting on a HEMTT which I later via debug camera moved to the destination.

1. I think each unit should have an init field when you click on it (not sure if human players do though) Maybe you have to enable Zeus god mode and debug console for it to work.

2. You have to set the number of all items in the box to infinity to have it appear as a Virtual Arsenal, as far as i know

3. You mean the respawn module? You should be able to place as many of them as you want anywhere...or do i misunderstand what you are trying to do?

Thanks for your respond novemberist,

1. Yes I mean human players (as of right now, i dont have any script input box like on AI units)

2. I could do that ... but considering all those different items, weapons, attachments, magazines AND stuff added from mods i will be clicking all the time on one evening to create one such box :P

3. I simply mean a way to "teleport" players from A to B, not by killing or respawning. (Killing wouldn't work since we use AGM as our medical system).

Thanks for your respond novemberist,

1. Yes I mean human players (as of right now, i dont have any script input box like on AI units)

2. I could do that ... but considering all those different items, weapons, attachments, magazines AND stuff added from mods i will be clicking all the time on one evening to create one such box :P

3. I simply mean a way to "teleport" players from A to B, not by killing or respawning. (Killing wouldn't work since we use AGM as our medical system).

2. if you just want to have everything available to players, it shouldn't be much more than a few clicks

1. I think this is intended behaviour, since Zeus should not be able to interfere with players directly (though it might be possible, like with the punishment modules) which is also the reason why

3. it is afaik not possible to move or teleport players as Zeus. tbh...isn't it more immersive anyways to transport them to their AO?

On 2. Have you checked how many uniforms, weapons and items are there by default??? That's a lot clicking :P

1. I see, well i have to find a workaround when I want to work with a template mission.

3. Immersive not, but as yesterdays example: on default faction is blufor, but I wanted to give them the fun of beeing some guerillia fighter in opfor suits, so they changed but had to be moven somewhere else because they didn't clearly belong to the blufor camp anymore :P

Missions doesn't always have to start at a base to be rolled out in some cases ^^

Every one of those things can be accomplished via MCC. All you need to do is Sign into MCC and then they all work through Zeus except teleporting which you have to do through the MCC console. Also I only think the Zeus operator has to have MCC I dont think anyone else has to have it.