Sign in to follow this  
saul

F/A-18X Black Wasp WIP Thread

0h0gST7.jpg

Version 0.1 by John_Spartan and Saul

rRiksmk.jpg

9U6D1K4.jpg

INTRODUCTION

The F/A-18X Black Wasp is a twin-engine carrier-based multi-role fighter aircraft variant based on the Boing F/A-18E Advanced Super Hornet. The aircraft features many advanced technologies and systems including semi- stealth capability, conformal fuel tanks, and enclosed weapons pods.

PROLOGUE

This project started as an upgrade to our previous project the F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet. We wanted to rebuild the aircraft from our ported Arma 2 version and give it a look befitting of Arma 3. John and I joined in on the Make Arma not War contest to test what we can do and decided that we should push the limits even more with the F/A-18's and thus came the F/A-18X Black Wasp. We have many great ideas and features planned for this aircraft and much to do. No matter the outcome we will deliver the best addon that we can deliver to the community.

BmZmy01.jpg

FEATURES

- Upgraded model based on the Boeing F/A-18E Advanced Super Hornet

- New first person cockpit

- Improved flight model

- New animations for many items to include landing gear and canopy

- Upgraded Service Menu including Low and High profile configurations

- 150+ possible configurations including the new EWP and GBU-39D Small Diameter Bomb

- New Bomb, the GBU-39D Small Diameter Bomb or SDB

- Master Modes for Navigation, Air to Air, Air to Ground and Dogfighting (WIP)

- Upgraded EGI (Embedded GPS/ INS) system for GPS guided ordinance

d382A5f.jpg

FUTURE PLANS

- Service Menu Paint Scheme upgrades using Arma 3 VAS

- Ordinance Menu upgrades using Arma 3 VAS

- Independant missile box and upgrades to increase authenticity of weapon systems

- Upgraded HUD

- Modular semi- stealth capability

SIDE PROJECT

- U.S.S. FREEDOM CVN-83 Aircraft Carrier

yCBhEuN.jpg

CREDITS

ARMA 3 game engine: Bohemia Interactive

Project lead: Saul

Brand new model: Saul and John_Spartan

HD textures: Saul

GUI dialog by: John_Spartan

Config and scripts by: John_Spartan

kJR9FEn.jpg

END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT

DISCLAIMER

You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only. This add-on is meant for ARMA 3 game platform by Bohemia Interactive only. Any commercial or military use is strictly forbidden without permission from the author.

This addon is released under:

Creative Commons Licence

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs

cc_licence_logo_zps2fd557d7.png

for use in ARMA 3 version 1.24

DDGM3hZ.jpg

nNleDf6.jpg

[F/A-18X, screenshots by Saul]

Make Arma Not War Entry Link

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/mrNeujhNe8#.U-gEDfldUqd

Support Us in our Endeavor

Change Log:

v0.1 - Announcement

Edited by Saul

BTW looking nice, but to be anally retentive the AG tailcode is the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower and the nose 101s are usually at a good 15 degree slant. Sorry just nitpicks (rivet counting...) but beautiful skin regardless.

Considering the concept underlying both the Black Wasp and the Freedom, perhaps in the Armaversum the tail code was recycled upon "Ike" being decomm'ed?

I figure but yeah whatever, my world will still spin. Personally I hope you can do custom skins though.

What new weapon systems will you be using? Will you be re-using any vanilla Arma 3 AA missiles, or will you be adding completely new ones?

Considering it's based on the real life one, i reckon it'd be the same missiles, but encased in the advanced weapons pod.

So far you guys did outstanding work with the f18 and now you guys have one more project going . Do you guys ever sleep

Sleep is a crutch ;)

You know, if you want a really good plane for Arma:

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't help but to make the easy joke :p

Nice jet, bet CSAT will be running scared when they hear this take off. IF they hear it ;)

Although if I am allowed, can I make the request for an fictional RAAF texture. You should probably take my request with a grain of salt, but in the real world I reckon Australia should upgrade its F/A-18F Super Hornets to something like this, so an RAAF variant seems to not be an entirely foreign idea in my oppinion

Australia should upgrade it's Super Hornets to the Advanced model, it is a sound proposition and will allow them to work better alongside the F-35s. Plus, it looks awesome. A RAAF texture would be great.

Not to place any further stress or anything on both of you, considering how dedicated to this project you are. I can only imagine the workload, but you'll easily win the contest.

WOW! That skin on that jet is BEATIFUL! I'm not a jet pilot but dang do I want to fly this around in one of our OP nights :O

Looks amazing, the F/A-18 E/F you guys did is already a core mod for my unit's ARMA 3 experience. I'm excited to see more from this project as it develops!

Minor nitpick, as someone has already mentioned the error in tail code (unless that's the intended ship,) the U.S.S. Freedom is an LCS that isn't a carrier capable of housing/launching the F/A-18X.

Will be great to see some current squadrons represented in different paint schemes from the U.S. as well as other nations that would upgrade to the Advanced Super Hornet.

Best of luck in the contest, we'll be rooting for you!

Nice! Sidan... an F/A-18F is still a very competent airframe. I saw them at Amberley and I was amazed.

@All - As far as paint schemes go we are trying something different this go around and we will let you know when we have something to show for it.

As for the tail code and USS Freedom, all I can say is your Freedom and my Freedom are not the same thing.

ZYDEUAX.jpg

FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM OI!!

FREEDOM FREEDOM FREDDOM OI!!

FreedomOi.jpg

sorry, couldn't resist

Damn that's a nice project and an awesome bird

Edited by FLv*VeNoM*

As for the tail code and USS Freedom, all I can say is your Freedom and my Freedom are not the same thing.

Dreams do come true. Can't wait.

Will you be also doing the two seat version? The Navy, as they're really pleased with the Advanced Super Hornet, is probably going to go ahead with it and that they'd be upgrading existing Super Hornets (and Growlers) with the ASH upgrades.

Australia should upgrade it's Super Hornets to the Advanced model, it is a sound proposition and will allow them to work better alongside the F-35s. Plus, it looks awesome. A RAAF texture would be great.

Not to place any further stress or anything on both of you, considering how dedicated to this project you are. I can only imagine the workload, but you'll easily win the contest.

Canada really needs to, too. They need to dump the F-35 project and go with Advanced Super Hornets. Less cost for a jet with great range to cover all the land they've got to patrol for NORAD and they'd already be familiar flying it as they aren't as different from legacy Hornets. Less maintenance costs/etc allows them to acquire it, some Growlers if they wanted, and then have money for other developments like UCAVS. They'd also be able to procure more Advanced Super Hornets then F-35s.

Edited by JackGallows

I don't think the F-35 project should be dumped - It has really started to improve recently. I mean, any next-generation or advanced aircraft or weapon will invariably encounter difficulties - The Classic Hornet encountered many difficulties. it originally LOST the competition it was designed for, to the F-16, but, over time, it has evolved to a great aircraft.

I don't think the F-35 project should be dumped - It has really started to improve recently. I mean, any next-generation or advanced aircraft or weapon will invariably encounter difficulties - The Classic Hornet encountered many difficulties. it originally LOST the competition it was designed for, to the F-16, but, over time, it has evolved to a great aircraft.

I apologize, I meant that Canada needs to dump the F-35 and procure the Advanced Super Hornet instead, not that the F-35 should be dumped all together.

Anyways, sorry to derail the thread.

GBU-39D shipping with the F/A-18X

q6yGfLA.jpg

1k5otgl.jpg

sweet jesus your adding some high tech bombs. Also the F18 model and paint scheme looks amazing. Cant wait to test this

sweet jesus your adding some high tech bombs. Also the F18 model and paint scheme looks amazing. Cant wait to test this