Sign in to follow this  
sgtsev3n

Singleplayer, Multiplayer or Editor ?

Where do you spend most of your time in Arma 3?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you spend most of your time in Arma 3?

• Singleplayer
    • Multiplayer
    • Editor

Where do you spend most of your time in ArmA 3 ?

Singleplayer (campaign, missions, custom missions, self created missions)

Multiplayer (well, everything what in MP exist: coop, custom made missions, new gamemodes like breaking point, battle royale, altis life etc..)

Editor (playing around, test things, playing self made missions and everything else what you can do in the editor)

I personally spend most of my time in 2 things:

1. playing with the editor

2. playing the MP mission "dynamic zombie sandbox" via host lan server

3. playing SP missions like dynamic whole map by saok or my selfmade mission with alive modules.

in arma, im not a MP gamer.

first, the MP performance problems are the reasons

second, too many gamemodes which i dont like (rpg life server etc)

third, i play games like counter strike in MP, more stable and for me more fun.

Almost entirely in little editor scenario's I make to generally test some feature, script or mod out. That eventually gains steam and turns into a larger scale and Ill play these things out for months. I like MP but no longer understand complicated concepts like "launchers" or "PWS" so trying to match up mods with friends etc... is just to much a hassle for someone approaching 44yo.

Editor most of the time as I'm participating to MANW :)

MP and editor to test mods, new features or practice things out.

In MP I play mostly Domination and when there's something in Tactical Battlefield mod's server(s) going on I jump in. Sometimes I attend in some organized coop or PvP.

It would be a god send if devs do include exclude filter at some point. It's not fun to scroll all those Life, KOTH and Wasteland servers to find anything decent and/or new server and gamemodes.

I haven't enjoyed SP much lately because of the change that was made. Mostly in SP missions I'm outnumbered and when both side AI are equally good (one enemy many times feels like two of your side AI) the mission is impossible. I'm also not a fan of leading AI so that already turns me off.

I think most of the people spends about 80% of the time in the editor. So do I ( the rest of the time in SP ).

I spend like 70% of my time in editor, 20% trying out workshop missions of varying quality, and 10% playing online. I don't actually accomplish much in the editor, so much as throw together random scenarios like Altian elite police dealing with a gang in Kavala, or being dropped off by a helicopter into a hot LZ to clear an area, nothing spectacularly complicated (or of quality). And even then, most of my time in editor is taking screenshots with the Splendid Camera.

Likewise. Mostly editor. But as is now. SP seems worse than ever. New fatigue, same skill base set for sides. A3 continues to go backwards. AI needs fixing. Ability for player to easily adjust AI base settings (precision, and such) is an immediate need I feel.

In this part of the planet, power supply is unreliable and internet connection is slow to ever enjoy MP sessions. Good thing there is Arma 3 Singleplayer and Editor. :)

I build all my own singleplayer missions in the editor and play them against the AI.

I'd like to play vanilla AA3 and AA2 in multiplayer but can't find a server or group where I can just jump in and have fun making my little tanks and men run around shooting their guns.

The only ones i've seen so far require me to install truckloads of mods and stuff before I can join in, but I'm too lazy to do that..;)

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Try the official BI hosted Zeus missions. They don't require any mods, are often populated (at least one will be). Try the EU-NL servers (the people are nicer in europe :P) or you could try the US-NY if the NL ones are empty (people can be assholes more often though).

Right now I spend most of my time playing some dynamic missions from the community in SP. I would like to join a group and play "serious" MP, I just dont have the right equipment or internet speed at this point in time.

I voted for SP while I use editor only for creating random quick combat scenarios that I play myself.

I don't enjoy "linear" community missions. I like random combat encounters with unlimited replayability. I also don't care about story.

MP is usually either a very boring, chaotic experience or a very serious, time-consuming and demanding experience that I have no patience, time and dedication for. Therefore I play very little MP.

Edited by Bouben