teeha

GPNVG-18 Panoramic Night Vision Goggles

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

how do you add this to a player in their init? i tried add/assignitem but it doesnt work

this linkItem "classname";

Yup! We are both busy with other projects/RL stuff so when we will have that done I'm not sure but they will come at some point.

Glad you like them! Hopefully we will have an update out sometime soon in the new year.

Other than field of view, does this mod change how the nvg's behave? It would be nice if they were clearer and had better range than the stock nvg's since they are cutting edge spec op gear

great mod though, thanks!

Other than field of view, does this mod change how the nvg's behave? It would be nice if they were clearer and had better range than the stock nvg's since they are cutting edge spec op gear

great mod though, thanks!

Even though they are top of the line NVG's doesn't mean they can see more clear. These primarily just offer a lot better FOV.

Even though they are top of the line NVG's doesn't mean they can see more clear. These primarily just offer a lot better FOV.

AGM offers gen4 night vision options which improves upon the stock (gen3) NVG's. One would think that these would at least be equivalent to gen4 or gen4+ nvgs

I don't use AGM, but all they've done is made adjustable contrast. Which does not simply make them gen4 tubes. Arma nvg simulation is no where near realistic either way. These (and every other nvg ingame) simulate gen1000 tubes

Edited by WarLord554

I don't use AGM, but all they've done is made adjustable contrast. Which does not simply make them gen4 tubes. Arma nvg simulation is no where near realistic either way. These (and every other nvg ingame) simulate gen1000 tubes

This as well as Arma (At least I doubt) will ever be able to accurately simulate night vision. There is really no way to get the same experience.

If you guys simply want adjustable contrast we could add it. We have debated that feature since the start. Our main focus will be the more standard nvg systems, like the PVS14 monocular, PVS7, and some form of thermal goggle. My new GP18 and PVS15 models will be included into SOCMOD, and new ANVIS will be in the SOAR mod. So Teeha and I can focus on bringing higher quality to more standard nvgs. Any of you guys out there that want non-US made nvg systems(or oddball systems) can submit your request, because I assume that the PVS14 will be pretty much NATO standard.

Is there any way to get a "helmet" version without the extra NVG-mount? The mount is clipping through the helmets a bit, it's extra visible on the ECHhelmets where the black mount obscures the helmet-mount.

Great addon btw, my hairs stand up when I look back and see a squad of four-eyed nametakers looking back :D

By mount do you mean the headstrap that shows when you have no helmet on?

Hi Teeha!

Sorry for beeing unclear.

By mount I mean the piece that both the head strap and the NVG-arm attaches to.

Here's a screenshot:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/f.cl.ly/items/0p2a1E0r2S3X372Y1m2F/Screen%20Shot%202015-01-22%20at%2008.27.57%20copy.png (664 kB)

What I would want is a version without the mount and the headstrap, just the arm so that it fits in with the vanilla helmets :)

Cheers and thanks again for a great addon!

Ah I see what you mean. I think I'd rather make modify the strap itself so the model doesn't clip like that. Reason being is without that headstrap the NVGs appear to float in front of the players helmet in some of those smaller helmets. I'll modify it to match the helmet in that picture you sent but I can't promise anything about modded helmets with new models. Retextures should work just fine.

Give me a little bit here so I can install my modeling software again as I just reinstalled windows and haven't gotten to any of that stuff yet. Should be done within a reasonable time frame. It's a fairly easy fix.

Thanks for clarifying! Glad you enjoy it :)

Sounds great Teeha!

Yes, I'm enjoying this to an amount that it's silly. Just reinstalled windows aswell and addons were reinstalled in the order of CBA -> ALiVE -> GPNVG18 :)

Really great work.

Any chance the edges on the models could be correctly smoothed/sharpened? They have very obvious lighting issues visible (check the image EasyEB posted above, and reference the tan body of the NVGs, around the notched indentations).

As stated before ive already made a brand new model....

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/arma32014-12-1021-30-52-42_zps597072c8.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/buldozer2014-10-1719-58-28-76_zps517a4b50.jpg

As well as brand new PVS15's

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/Mobile%20Uploads/buldozer%202014-12-22%2013-05-43-61_zpsnjh64jhq.jpg

Next up

- PVS14 Monocular (helmet mounted, and weapon mounted)

- PVS7

- PVS21 (NATO Countries)

- PVQ20 Thermal Monocular (Helmet Mounted)

Edited by WarLord554

There goes the neighborhood with the PVQ20s... :D