teeha

GPNVG-18 Panoramic Night Vision Goggles

Since I'm running into a few problems with binarizing the new version I just finished up I'm going to have to redo the LOD's but I have a more efficient way of doing it now so the pack should be out mid afternoon.

Great job, I was waiting for these NVGs. Thank you ! It's already up on our server !

Since I'm running into a few problems with binarizing the new version I just finished up I'm going to have to redo the LOD's but I have a more efficient way of doing it now so the pack should be out mid afternoon.

I'd also suggest adding some more Scope=2; notations as it's creating that "no entry config.bin/Curator_F yadda yadda" stuff as well, maybe adding ScopeCurator=2; as well.

And yes it's your mod because I cleaned a config last night so when I put yours in that happens.

Edited by EricJ

And yes it's your mod because I cleaned a config last night so when I put yours in that happens.
What do you mean ? put it where ? :)

For the CFGWeapons portion, such as this:

class ej_scarshorteglm : ej_u100_base{

Scope=2;

ScopeCurator=2;

changeFiremodeSound[] = {"\u100\sound\Safety.wav",0.5,1};

dexterity = 1.48;

descriptionshort = "SCAR-H<br />Caliber: 7.62";

handanim[] = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton","\u100\Data\Anim\M16GL.rtm"};

magazines[] = {"scarhnt_mag","scarh_mag","20Rnd_762x51_Mag"};

model = "u100\ej_scarshorteglm.p3d";

modes[] = {"SCARHSingle","SCARHFullAuto","fullauto_medium","single_medium_optics1","single_far_optics2"};

picture = "\U100\data\UI\scarshorteglminv_x_ca.paa";

displayname = "SCAR-H EGLM";

reloadAction = "GestureReloadSMG_02";

reloadMagazineSound[] = {"u100\sound\SCARreload.wav",0.398107,1,30};

reloadsound[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\reloads\new_trg.wav", 0.1, 1, 30};

recoil = "Scar_HRecoil";

recoilprone = "Scar_HRecoilProne";

muzzles[] = {"this","EGLM_Launcher","securite"};

class WeaponSlotsInfo {

allowedslots[] = {901};

mass = 60;

class asdg_MuzzleSlot_IAR: asdg_MuzzleSlot_556{};

class asdg_OpticRail1913_IAR: asdg_OpticRail1913 {};

class asdg_FrontSideRail_IAR: asdg_FrontSideRail {};

};

};

Congrats for the release, it's awesome!

Besides the texture problem, how about adding a replacement version?

Would be great.

Also, what is the difference between the normal and the battery version?

the battery version has a battery pack at the back of the helmet (head)

btw. it would be cool if the screen vignette would be a bit blurred at the edges, just to make it look less "sharp" like this:

http://abload.de/img/gp_nv_optic3uupvc.png

+1 That would be a lot better, or do the three circle idea https://tnvc.com/shop/images/123582/?320,320,0,100,80,2480402001

the battery version has a battery pack at the back of the helmet (head)[/url]

Yeah, I know, but besides that visual thing, no difference at all?

Just wondering

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

+1 That would be a lot better, or do the three circle idea https://tnvc.com/shop/images/123582/?320,320,0,100,80,2480402001

Agreed with the 3 circles thing

FINALLY ! been waiting on these since day one. thanks for rockin-n-rollin on this mod Teeha. I am going to wait till download the version later today, i see that you were making a few fixes. but wow really cool. thanks for doing these.

I'll blur a version and see what you guys think. I'll post some pictures in a bit once I have a version I like.

Keep the blur to a real minimum, I don't know why people need blurring when picture quality in the vision tube is dependent on the actual amount of light entering the lens/filter, not some prevalent "blurring" effect that doesnt need to be added. So blurring really isn't needed as the current build to me after a quick night hop in the HH-60G to me was good in my mind.

Besides if you do wear NVGs and your shit is blurry its because you didn't adjust the lens to sharpen the incoming light. I've never put on NVGs and a a serious blurry effect, so if -7s/-14s don't, why should -18s?

Edited by EricJ

Glad to see everyone enjoying these so far. Keep in mind there is still much to do :)

Thx for all the feedback guys and Teeha congrats on joining the modding community, you've learned fast and done very well so far

Keep the blur to a real minimum, I don't know why people need blurring when picture quality in the vision tube is dependent on the actual amount of light entering the lens/filter, not some prevalent "blurring" effect that doesnt need to be added. So blurring really isn't needed as the current build to me after a quick night hop in the HH-60G to me was good in my mind.

We are talking about the edge of the black overlay that limits the FOV, it is sharp and you can see single pixels from the texture - when blured it looks way more natural.

Sharp: http://abload.de/img/hardq7jgi.jpg

Blured: http://abload.de/img/smooth96jaz.jpg

This is just an example, it's the same with all other textures.

Edited by Vasilyevich

Eh maybe, but still good as is to me.

We are talking about the edge of the black overlay that limits the FOV, it is sharp and you can see single pixels from the texture - when blured it looks way more natural.

Agreed, it does look wonderful!

Congrats on the release, much-anticipated. Aside from the texturing issues as mentioned before, they look absolutely great. :cool:

Been looking forward to this, very glad to see you pushed through!

I agree with Vasilyevich on the blurred edges, since the human eye doesn't put FOV edges in focus. The blurring shouldn't be too exaggerated, though. The vanilla NV view is probably a good guideline for how much blur should be applied. I should point out also the vanilla NV effect takes into account the slightly different pov of each eye so it's like two distorted ellipses overlapping each other making it look more convincing than just a simple round cutout.

Also a very minor point is that I think it would be nice if the inventory icon could be made to look more inline with the vanilla style. The current blacks could be lightened up a bit, and perhaps the shot taken from the side so the icon can be closer to a square proportion.

Edited by Probad

well done for the release,the only problem is the textures that you've already had back.

I did a little photo series with your mod in arma3 section photo.

I put this into my favorites I look forward to see more ^^:o

well done for the release,the only problem is the textures that you've already had back.

I did a little photo series with your mod in arma3 section photo.

I put this into my favorites I look forward to see more ^^:o

That's awesome buddy I'll check them out

Sorry I haven't gotten a patch out. Just working on the view and adding a little bit of blur around the edges to smooth it out but not have it become a super big transition. About 5-6px of blur to smooth it out and it works pretty well.

Now when i saw this one with blured i vote for it :) it is realy good thing and those sharp points are not so sharp anymore so not messing up with view cool demonstration vasilyevich

To me, it would make sense not only to have the edges blurred but, more importantly, to have the overlay be transparent.

Your natural "viewing angle" (so to speak) is roughly calculated to be around 140 degrees on average (counting peripheral that can go up to 180 in specific cases).

So it would feel more natural to have the overlay much like the vanilla one in the sense it's transparent and doesn't have the NVG effect applied to it.

Thanks for reading, hope my feedback was decent.