Sign in to follow this  
olli_

F-35C Lightning II

@randomslap Is that so? Interesting. Ive never used the Nimitz so i dont know but dont the vanilla aircraft work on it? I would assume they also have PhysX enabled, but maybe im wrong. Do you know if theres something i can do to make the plane not explode without disabling PhysX, or is PhysX even worth having for planes?

@2rmina2r wow thats a nice video! Really enjoyed watching that.

As for more loadouts; technically its not hard to create more loadouts. The loadouts are handled with the init.sqf script, which basically adds weapons and ammo depending on which loadout variable you specify. The problem is the MFD loadout display. It is animated via model config, and 3 loadouts is already stretching the limits of whats possible with one skeleton. Basically you could just completely remove the loadout display and make as many custom loadouts as you wanted, but i like the loadout display so i decided to sacrifice custom loadouts in return.

@ICE_AGE0815 Thanks :D

Not that I know of as of right now. I've disabled PhysX on my F35B so it can land on the LHD and the Nimitz. I personally see the PhysX worthless as it does not benefit anything but the realistic collisions. If I were you, I would remove PhysX so that the community can enjoy landing on the Nimitz if they desire, but it is your project so do what you would like. The only change you would need to make is the "airplaneX" to "airplane". You can keep the Geomtry PhysX LOD in your P3D. Well anyways, good luck with the MANW contest!

Edited by randomslap

Great Plane!!!

I like it very much.

I get an error when i set the plane on the ditore in status "Flying".

It looks like a variable which isn t initialized and does'nt exist: If (OK_fixed wing...)

It could be just me but, I try to put the y in the initialization field for the GAU and it dose not seam to work. Is there a way in the future when you update it to make it standard on the aircraft? Just a suggestion.

@BagPiperGuy, the variable you need to set as "y" for the gun is called gun. So it should be gun="y"; also make sure you have the ; in between each variable declaration if you have more than one.

@Eymerich The variable in question is OK_fold_wings. Its a feature i added last minute on request which allows you to spawn the plane with wings folded if you set it to true (apparently useful for mission makers). I forgot to add a failsafe for when the variable is not initialized at all, so when you dont give the variable a true or false value, it goes in to the if construct with a nul value, which throws an error if you have -showscripterrors added to your start parameters (which i did not at the time, so i missed the error)

Theres no actual bug, other than the error message shown. The nul value does not trigger the if construct, so the plane always spawns with unfolded wings unless you specify otherwise (which was my intent from the beginning).

I was going to patch it out when the submissions reopened a few weeks ago, but i wasnt sure about the integrity of my main build and no time to do a full playtest of everything, so i decided against updating the entry in case i end up breaking it even more. Ill probably upload a fix along with the physX thing when i get home in a few days.

@Anthariel Thanks :)

Not that I know of as of right now. I've disabled PhysX on my F35B so it can land on the LHD and the Nimitz. I personally see the PhysX worthless as it does not benefit anything but the realistic collisions. If I were you, I would remove PhysX so that the community can enjoy landing on the Nimitz if they desire, but it is your project so do what you would like. The only change you would need to make is the "airplaneX" to "airplane". You can keep the Geomtry PhysX LOD in your P3D. Well anyways, good luck with the MANW contest!

Probably best to keep it PhysX enabled until after the contest, as all vanilla planes for Arma 3 are as well PhysX enabled.

@BagPiperGuy, the variable you need to set as "y" for the gun is called gun. So it should be gun="y"; also make sure you have the ; in between each variable declaration if you have more than one.

@Eymerich The variable in question is OK_fold_wings. Its a feature i added last minute on request which allows you to spawn the plane with wings folded if you set it to true (apparently useful for mission makers). I forgot to add a failsafe for when the variable is not initialized at all, so when you dont give the variable a true or false value, it goes in to the if construct with a nul value, which throws an error if you have -showscripterrors added to your start parameters (which i did not at the time, so i missed the error)

Theres no actual bug, other than the error message shown. The nul value does not trigger the if construct, so the plane always spawns with unfolded wings unless you specify otherwise (which was my intent from the beginning).

I was going to patch it out when the submissions reopened a few weeks ago, but i wasnt sure about the integrity of my main build and no time to do a full playtest of everything, so i decided against updating the entry in case i end up breaking it even more. Ill probably upload a fix along with the physX thing when i get home in a few days.

@Anthariel Thanks :)

Ok.

Thank you for answering :)

Probably best to keep it PhysX enabled until after the contest, as all vanilla planes for Arma 3 are as well PhysX enabled.

do the vanilla planes also explode on the carrier then?

Alright I've pushed a new update to the workshop.

Fixed the script errors showing when playing with -showscripterrors on

Disabled PhysX. I downloaded the Nimitz and confirmed that the plane doesnt blow up when you place it/drive it around on the deck.

hopefully i didnt introduce too many new bugs.. I cant guarantee the integrity of my source files since i moved a lot of stuff around when i was releasing the unbinarized source.. If you get any more bugs and such you can report them here or on the workshop page.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

When testing on the Nimitz for me - The plane spawns fine but when initiating the attach to catapult command, the plane jumps 6 feet in the air and locks into position. This makes the plane drop hard on the deck after hitting salute and screws up the launch.

Welcome to the fold brother, kind of funny...come to enter the MANW contest, stay because addon tweaking.

I just wanna say thank you for you're continued support for the mod. Its probably one of the prettiest mods I've ever seen in Arma :)

Hello, I just come to postpone a bug, when we put gun = "y" in initialization of FC-37 Thunder, I have GAU module which appears, but there are 0 ammunitions, I don't know if you already know it, but I postpone.

Your plane is brilliant and very well realized, good luck!

Picture : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/02/1420889753-2015-01-10-00001.jpg

Hello, I just come to postpone a bug, when we put gun = "y" in initialization of FC-37 Thunder, I have GAU module which appears, but there are 0 ammunitions, I don't know if you already know it, but I postpone.

Your plane is brilliant and very well realized, good luck!

Picture : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/02/1420889753-2015-01-10-00001.jpg

you need to raise landing gear to use the gun

This is a great mod! Looks incredible. What are the class names? Trying to add it to my cTab list. Thanks!

This guy.

"B_Plane_CAS_01_F"

I think its called a class name. I could be wrong.

Idk, maybe it's me, but on last update (Beta 9) the plane is a giant flying turtle.. i cant pass over 200 kms/h plus every turn give me a "stall" warning. :(

The last update caused the flight model to be that of an SU-30MKI pulling stall maneuvers. This isn't the kind of behavior an F-35 is supposed to have... I can turn better than a helicopter with it now.

ded gummit.. ill look in to it.

edit: Ive fixed it and uploaded it to workshop. Bad news is I had to re-enable PhysX since turning it off apparently broke the flight model. I spent weeks getting that flight model just right, and i dont have time to retune everything to a new simulation model (an outdated one at that)

Im sure PhysX support will improve, and hopefully the Nimitz will be updated to work with it in time.

Edited by Olli_

Hahhaha yep, welcome to modding frequently for Arma 3:drinking2: