Sign in to follow this  
olli_

F-35C Lightning II

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Very, Very good job, model, body texture, cockpits, flight model are 10/10/ Thank you.

Ive just release a sort of statement to address the confusion in my workshop submission comments. Ill copy paste it over here just for continuity

Hey guys Ive been taking a break from this for a few days now and thought id give a sitrep to manage some expectations. First of all, im not a coder, and i dont intend to become one. This plane started off as a purely cosmetic piece for my portfolio until a kind fellow over at polycount.com tipped me off about this MANW contest, so i figured it'd be a piece of cake to port the plane over to RV4 (oh how wrong i was).

I wont go in to detail but I have to say the Arma engine is the least user friendly piece of software i have ever used. ever.

As I said, im not a coder, and although a part of me wants to keep working on this, the rest (90%) of me needs to get back to the world of 3d game art and current-gen engines.

Now as some of you might have noticed, Ive released this asset under the by-nc-sa license, which basically means you can do whatever you like with the release (add on to it, remove stuff from it, change the name back to F-35) as long as its non-commercial and you give credit where its due. The reason Im doing this is although I may not be able to work on this full time anymore I want to enable others to add on to it and carry the project on if they so wish. To enable this better, ill be releasing all the necessary source files and ill try to hang around to help if anyone has any questions regarding my sloppy code or backwards implementations. Ill be releasing this source file pack once I finish compiling my .max files in to a redistributable package.

Basically what im trying to do is sort of make this a community addon, rather than my addon, and hopefully inspire others to do the same. A lot of talented people around here more capable of creating advanced features like afterburners or GPS targeting systems, and likewise maybe someone can learn something from the stuff that ive done.

Thanks for the clarification on your plans. Regardless of your well founded thoughts on the engine you have done a great job with this mod and it is easily of the vanilla content quality! Do you have any plans to release the un-binarized model? I would like to do some work on this myself and might need to add new memory points etc.

Thanks for work so far and hope you don't disappear altogether as we need more mods of this standard.

yes lemme just list stuff ill include in the source files:

all unbinarized configs and scripts

unbinarized p3d's for everything

.max file for the plane, this includes all LODs that i have (some were made in OB) youll need 3ds max to open this though.

.psd file for f_35c_ext_1 . This texture contains the main fuselage, and is useful for creating different paint themes. The psd files are massive (multiple gigs) so im only releasing this one. Feel free to convert the rest of the .paa files from the main release to tga and edit them that way.

Wow, that's amazing! Thanks for clarifying and I look forward to playing around with it.

Great plane...

having a lot fun with it...

However, using -showscripterror in the init link you get some error messages when you're inside the plane

To reproduce:

Editor ---> Every Island --> Add the plane as player --> Go!

Are you going to add a Safe system to this?

there is a "safemode" weapon on the stealth variant which lets you close the weapon bay doors (since all your weapons are internal)

no use for it on the non-stealth version

Ahh okay, it's easy to implement but also... you going to make template available?

i was impressed with this model.. could you make another plane as rival for this?(after u finish this one) maybe Su-30 or another russian stuff? that would be awsome :3

i was impressed with this model.. could you make another plane as rival for this?(after u finish this one) maybe Su-30 or another russian stuff? that would be awsome :3

There's already another MANW stealth plane, the Russian SU-50, which is also the Real Life F-35 equivalent. Russian made that plane to be equal to the F-35.

Here are the source files:

http://www.armaholic.net/chili/addons/vehicles/OK_F_35C_Source.rar

http://www.armaholic.net/chili/addons/vehicles/ext_1_texture_source.rar (1.1gb - massive texture source. contains only .psd files)

the ext_1 texture source is massive, and its going to be the first thing i delete when i run out of room in my dropbox so get it while you can.

Edited by Olli_

Excuse me for my stupidity but what is the difference between both source files? Are both always needed if peope want to rework your work? Or is the small archive enough? (and if so, why the huge one)

Sorry, but I am no editor so in those cases I often ask the obvious (to provide you with an additional mirror which wont be removed) ;)

basically the first link (smaller file) has everything except the raw texture PSD files (basically photoshop files with all the layers and stuff)

second link has the psd files and nothing else. I split the download so you dont have to download the massive PSD files if you dont need them.

a mirror would be really nice :)

Thanks for the info :)

a mirror would be really nice :)

No problem.

I have added both source files seperatly to our downloadpage:

FC-37 Thunder beta 8

I wont post the links here as they wont work anyway and can only be clicked from Armaholic.

Is it me? Or there is the seal of the Finnish Navy in the "leg" of the F35?

hi Olli i have problem with aircraft actually i have update my game to 1.32 and after entering into game i have issues the plane is fine at air if i set it on flyable but problem occurs on the ground the wheels seems freeze i try to move plane but nothing i try to land on ground and it crashes all time can you please find what's the problem here ?

I use GIMP 2.8, and I'm getting a layer issue with the textures (doesn't accept -1 layer), please fix, I'm eager to make some RAF variants!

Thank you very much for this gem, it is a rare opportunity to see open source of such caliber...I have to ask, LOD0 on the F35C p3d, did you triangulate it for the source model or is that exactly how it was set up when you implemented it ingame?

not sure i understand your questions. Originally i was going to have a dedicated decal sheet applied through a second set of UV so you could easily swap out the markings but that didnt end up working out since the macro texture slot in the rvmat is needed for the destruction material and it didnt look good with the decals disappearing when you got hit. I had to triangulate the model to split the secondary UV in places where there isnt usually an edge, so thats the reason i originally triangulated the lod0 viewmesh. Although i do have backups of the untriangulated mesh in my other .max files I had already done some other work on the mesh which i wasnt keen on redoing so i just kept the triangulated topology since i wasnt planning on editing the mesh too much anymore in any case (deadline was approaching)

As for Nightmare515, I cant do much about that. The psd files were made with photoshop CS6. I wasnt even aware gimp had psd support. Cant really do much unless you can get your hands on a copy of Photoshop, extracting the .paa files from the main releasing and editing those would be the only way but you wont get the layers with that.

My dropbox has been shut down now so ill be removing the files before i get IP banned. Ill try go around and replace all my links with Foxhounds mirrors

I have to drop by and send my regards to the author.

The model is so stunning :p

I was able to obtain the source files from armaholic but I noticed it didn`t have all of the models that are in the binarized release.

"OK_F_35C\bomberino\GBU53_fly\F_35C_GBU53_fly.p3d" is missing and it`s used by the GBU53 weapon :S

Could we get the GBU53 model unbinarized?

Anyway I started working on a edited version of the addon.

It`s source can be seen here:

https://github.com/RealityGaming/OK_F_35C

ps Would`ve liked to start working on this together not as a "rip-off" :S