killswitch

Arma Server Monitor for Linux

I think I've seen that mentioned elsewhere aswell. Is it only the CPS graph that does it?

EDIT: Yes, I see what you mean about the CPS graph going up and down. It appears that's how the Linux dedi behaves.

Edited by Killswitch

Killswitch

Do you think that is a bug ? do you think it effecting the server itself ? just hard to read if a server is loaded if CPS is up and down. having some complaints about AI LAG with server at 40 odd FPS and CPS up and down.. Maybe not the right place to ask

It appears to indicate a performance problem. Even with a very basic MP mission where the only entity in the mission is the player character, the dips in CPS can be observed.

It could be a "bug" with how the Linux dedi executes the Arma Server Monitor FSM state machine - the dips could be explained by "CPU starvation" where sometimes, the FSM gets less execution time than normal.

However, it could also be a quirk with how the operating system handles (schedules) the Arma server processes and threads.

Edited by Killswitch

New version 0.4, which fixes the strange CPS graph problem in Arma Server Monitor :)

Download links in the first post.

New version, 0.5 released. Highlights:

• ASM binary renamed from "asm" to "armaservermonitor"
  • Various small internal fixes and improvements

Download links in the first post of this thread.