Sign in to follow this  
sceneryexplosion

Snow/white texture appers gray ingame, how would I fix this?

If you're using the stock lighting parameters copied from one of the BI Terrains, or inheriting from them then it's likely to be the lighting itself, which has a sepia/brown/tan sort of tint - to suit that "Mediterranean" look, presumably....

B

If you're using the stock lighting parameters copied from one of the BI Terrains, or inheriting from them then it's likely to be the lighting itself, which has a sepia/brown/tan sort of tint - to suit that "Mediterranean" look, presumably....

Okey, been looking around abit in the config for stratis and tweaking the light parameters on my own map. I realised that if i put the clock ingame to 15.00 the snow shows up just fine. But before that it is like the snow texture is in the shadow. And i am not sure what parameters to change to fix this. I guess it has something to do with this: http://i.imgur.com/4oe2uGJ.png

There's other lighting parameters as well as those - two sets nowadays, and I think I'm right in saying that those numbers are "RGB Sets", which do indeed control the actual "tint" of the lighting, but that's all I know really...

AFAIK there's been no real explanations or informative posts on the lighting parameters which have been published, so you may have to experiment a little... :(

B