Sign in to follow this  
swatsteam

Arma 3: Sweet markers system. WIP

This system fully changes the BIS's marker system.

Features:

1) Simple and easy-to-use interface, which is also fully customizable.
2) All changes are saved in your profile.
3) All interface elements are clickable and have hotkeys if needed.
4) Easy change of type, colour, direction, size and channel of the marker.
5) Ability to quickly place markers without opening/closing interface.
6) Ability to save markers placed on the map and load them in other missions.
7) Automatic route drawing. (Wip)
8) Ability to enable/disable some functions of this add-on in map maker settings.
9) Unique maps module: each unit has its own map with specific markers placed. A unit can pick up a dropped map and see the markers of the map owner, but they are not updating. (Wip)
RELEASE
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184181-Sweet-markers-system Edited by swatSTEAM

More information - soon.

The APP-6 symbols are not correct, you cannot have OPFOR shaped icons in blue as that would compromise its "side".

SgtH3nry3, Did you watch the video? This addon not adding markers or colors. It's UI+ system like bis, but without some bugs.

SgtH3nry3, Did you watch the video? This addon not adding markers or colors. It's UI+ system like bis, but without some bugs.
I did, maybe this interface then exposes a flaw in the vanilla setup because I don't remember being able to use incorrect APP-6 symbols in vanilla ArmA 3 before.

In vanilla (and also in my addon) you can changing color for ALL (including APP-6) markers with shift+up arrow. If needed, I can make modul "Force real color for APP-6"

Wow, that looks great. The current marker system is ridiculously barebones and frustrating to use when you want more than a bunch of dots. Nice work!

This looks really great! I have two questions:

1) How robust is it in regards to multiplayer and JIP? What happens when 50% of a server do not use this mod whilst the other 50% do?

2) Are the keybinding going to be customisable?

This looks really great! I have two questions:

1) How robust is it in regards to multiplayer and JIP? What happens when 50% of a server do not use this mod whilst the other 50% do?

2) Are the keybinding going to be customisable?

1) It's works with JIP, and also with respawn, but in multiplayer some functions avaliable only to group leaders. I will be testing this with over 100 players on dedicated server. If server have this mod, all users should have mod too, but I will check this.

2) Not yet, but all elements clickable.

Nice work. Been looking at making something like this in the past.

This is really cool, would have loved to see something like this outside the mission editor of any ArmA game. Especially rotating markers and having a quickbar for markers. :)

Shut up and take my Money!!!

This is even better then xenmapl! Everythink looks like a very good workflow, amazing work!

Absolutly in use for us after release!

Wow, that looks great. The current marker system is ridiculously barebones and frustrating to use when you want more than a bunch of dots. Nice work!

Actually using dots is the frustrating one because it's all the way down the list!

Actually using dots is the frustrating one because it's all the way down the list!

You probably haven't used markers for a while because dot is the first one now.

How soon can we expect a public release?

Week or mb few weeks. I'm testing addon now.

this, as the title suggests, is indeed very sweet. it's on of those addons that make you want BI just take it and stuff it right into the game as is. keep it up man. we need more people improving the clunky ass UI.

Would like to see whole APP-6 in game :)

Congrats on the mod! We have a similar system in ALiVE mod, supports map draw, persistence, customization of markers, add SPOTREPs, place markers with key press etc.

Great idea/implementation however the mod crashes Arma constantly. If I push ESC/ENTER Arma crashes 100% of the time. I'm playing on a public dedicated server.

Great idea/implementation however the mod crashes Arma constantly. If I push ESC/ENTER Arma crashes 100% of the time. I'm playing on a public dedicated server.

Send me your RPT file, please.

My group all installed your mod and when we tried using it, the markers disappear after hitting Enter to place them. Worked fine in the editor/SP but when we tried using it on our Dedicated, nothing appears.