654wak654

Simple Rank Patches

Thanks again for sending us the newest version :cool:

New version not frontpaged (updated) on the Armaholic homepage as requested.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

the tutorial is insufficient. You talk about simpleRP_PO,simpleRP_XML and simpleRP_CP. Where are those variables or do i have to put them into the init.sqf ? It says, that it reads the ranks from an XML file. Where do i have to put this XML file? Will it also set the rank? Please make the installation tutorial a bit more detailed and step by step.

I am currently looking for a script that changes the rank by PID (so if I connect, it will get my rank by PID and set it accordingly) . Is that what your script does?

I know the tutorial is not that user friendly, working on a better version which casual players can understand too. You gotta put those variables in your init.sqf, you can also change them anytime you want by a script or something. the XML file is a "squad.xml". Not going to explain what that is, you can read this to find out yourself. It doesn't mess with the players rank, it just gives the right patch according to the xml, so the rank in game will still be the same

For that script that changes rank according to PID, you can check Simple Mysql Rank Script. It's not the easiest thing but it's the closest.

saw that Simple Mysql Rank Script already but unfortunately, i have a linux server and i cannot use Arma2NET on it. I would love to have a script where i can just hardcode it. I tried to modify this script but i had no success. The ranks stayed the same :(

edit: or maybe a version that is also using the squad XML would be good. Then i can use it for both, the rank patch script and the ranks themselves.

I like the mod but I agree that the patches are too big.

Thanks as always Fox :)

Done.

Wow, thank you so much for your excellent response. That is super fast and much appreciated by everyone in my unit  :)  :ph34r:

Just a quick question - how many different rank-images are in the mod? Is there a list of all available ranks with their image?

The list of patches is this:

• US Army
  • USMC
  • German Luftwaffe
  • Steam badges
  • Armaholic
  • Basic ArmA III ranks
  • British Army
I don't have pictures of all of them up. You'll have to download the mod the see all of them (inb4 shameless promo). I'll update the Armaholic page next time, still says there are 5 sets and stuff.
  • Like 1

Thanks Wak for the fast reply. My Platoon leader and the CO of our unit asked if it can support more than the 7 ranks vanilla arma supports if we integrate it in our Roster system and squad xml. At the moment ARMA only supports Colonel, Major, Captain, Lieutenant, Sergeant, Corporal and Private - we have more ranks though that would be great to have visible on ranks patches. Is that possible even with the automated XML solution? This is our rank system: http://igghq.com/wiki/Ranks