Sign in to follow this  
Rarkhan

Is there a way to turn off AI auto engage?

Hey there

I am making a mission with high command module but what i see is this:

When the Ai groups are in combat i can order the group to move but only the team leader responds all the other members of the squad are running around sometimes 100 meters away, is there a way to turn of the group leader to order his units to Engage the enemy but rather just open fire, that way you have more control over youre squads even in combat situations and it will make the high command module better to use.

Rarkhan

Thank you very much for the replie, but i want them to fire, i just don't want them to walk all around the place which means the tactical point of the high commander in combat situations is almost totaly useless

Actually you know what you can do...you can spawn a opfor unarmed. all he will do is run around near you. There is also scripts around the fourms where if your unarmed there friendly to you. Me and the team im in [2NT] use that advantage when spying out a compound that were about to raid. www.2ntgaming.com

Thank you very much for the replie, but i want them to fire, i just don't want them to walk all around the place which means the tactical point of the high commander in combat situations is almost totaly useless

Again thank you for the replie but i think you misunderstood me, i try to explain as close as possible. I made a mission with 6 sectors and you need to conquer them, the player has 4 squads of infantry 2 tanks and 2 btr 60, i am using high command module so you can order them around the map. But what i want is for example when i order a squad forward and they are being attacked the team leader will order his squad members to auto engage which means they will not stay in the same position and fire but they will walk toward the enemy, when this is the case there is no point in strategicly placing units behind cover because they will leave the cover. I want the Ai just to open fire and not engage. Is there a way to turn of the auto engage so the Ai group will stay in position and fire from that position?

Actually you know what you can do...you can spawn a opfor unarmed. all he will do is run around near you. There is also scripts around the fourms where if your unarmed there friendly to you. Me and the team im in [2NT] use that advantage when spying out a compound that were about to raid. www.2ntgaming.com

Ohhh I understand now. Sorry. Well. Instead using "TARGET"... eg:

{doStop _x; _x disableAI "TARGET"} foreach units group this;

With this, it seems Leader won't issue target/engage commands, while units turn/target/shoot freely, but still remain in place - unless you throw a doMove, of course.

Here's the whole jazz to move whole groups into buildings that they're placed near, at a random building-position, and not move -- but still target and shoot freely.

This code does it for the whole group, so you only need to put it in one unit's init for instance (eg the leader):

Code:

if (isServer) then

{

{

doStop _x;

_pos=0;

_house = nearestBuilding _x;

while { format ["%1", _house buildingPos _pos] != "[0,0,0]" } do {_pos = _pos + 1};

_pos=_pos-1;

_x setPos (_house buildingPos (random _pos))

} foreach units group this

};

{_x disableAI "TARGET"} foreach units group this;

If you set units not-in-formation then you can scatter them across any number of buildings, while remaining grouped.

Again thank you for the replie but i think you misunderstood me, i try to explain as close as possible. I made a mission with 6 sectors and you need to conquer them, the player has 4 squads of infantry 2 tanks and 2 btr 60, i am using high command module so you can order them around the map. But what i want is for example when i order a squad forward and they are being attacked the team leader will order his squad members to auto engage which means they will not stay in the same position and fire but they will walk toward the enemy, when this is the case there is no point in strategicly placing units behind cover because they will leave the cover. I want the Ai just to open fire and not engage. Is there a way to turn of the auto engage so the Ai group will stay in position and fire from that position?

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

let me look more into this. I will give u a reply in like 5 minutes. This should work 80% chance. put this in the init for the unit () unit disableAI "move"

Ohhh I understand now. Sorry. Well. Instead using "TARGET"... eg:

{doStop _x; _x disableAI "TARGET"} foreach units group this;

With this, it seems Leader won't issue target/engage commands, while units turn/target/shoot freely, but still remain in place - unless you throw a doMove, of course.

Here's the whole jazz to move whole groups into buildings that they're placed near, at a random building-position, and not move -- but still target and shoot freely.

This code does it for the whole group, so you only need to put it in one unit's init for instance (eg the leader):

Code:

if (isServer) then

{

{

doStop _x;

_pos=0;

_house = nearestBuilding _x;

while { format ["%1", _house buildingPos _pos] != "[0,0,0]" } do {_pos = _pos + 1};

_pos=_pos-1;

_x setPos (_house buildingPos (random _pos))

} foreach units group this

};

{_x disableAI "TARGET"} foreach units group this;

If you set units not-in-formation then you can scatter them across any number of buildings, while remaining grouped.

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

let me look more into this. I will give u a reply in like 5 minutes. This should work 80% chance. put this in the init for the unit () unit disableAI "move"

Thank you very much, i will check this out will reply when i know more

Well it seemed to work at first but when they are under fire they just leave there position and run towards it. It is strange because the squad leader in fact will hold position but all the other members just automaticly leave position and start running. What was that other thing you said, no move? Maybe that works, no move unless told so.

NVM it works, the problem was that i used FFIS and ASR which had modules in it, like flanking when they are under fire etc.

Thank you for you're time

Edited by Rarkhan

Nice job finding the problem! :) Sorry, And your welcome. If you have any other questions just message me. If you want to play arma 3 feel free to: Steam -> KI11ERSHARK18

Thank you very much, i will check this out will replie when i know more

Well it seemed to work at first but when they are under fire they just leave there position and run towards it. It is strange because the squad leader in fact will hold position but all the other members just automaticly leave position and start running. What was that other thing you said, no move? Maybe that works, no move unless told so.

NVM it works, the problem was that i used FFIS and ASR which had modules in it, like flanking when they are under fire etc.

Thank you for you're time

group enableAttack false prevents group leaders from issuing attack orders.

But will this make them shoot or wil they only do this if you tell them to? I want to make the high command module more usefull and more strategic so you can actually use it also in combat situations and still have control of youre infantry.

I can not test this right now i am not at home so will check it out later, thanks for the reply

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

Nice job finding the problem! :) Sorry, And your welcome. If you have any other questions just message me. If you want to play arma 3 feel free to: Steam -> KI11ERSHARK18

Thanks i was just thinking if i had any scripts that would intervene in AI behaviour and yes i had.

Well i don't know if i am allowed to say but i don't have bought the game i am running a cracked version because i am waiting for a sale of arma3, i am having some hard times right now and 45 euro is a bit much to miss at this moment.

So i cannot play online

I think your allowed to say that lol :) And try also @caf_agressors and @a3mp mods on playwithsix or armaholic when you get a chance. If your trying to make a realistic modern day Afghanistan mission/compound raid then those mods will intense the mission by a lot!

But will this make them shoot or wil they only do this if you tell them to? I want to make the high command module more usefull and more strategic so you can actually use it also in combat situations and still have control of youre infantry.

I can not test this right now i am not at home so will check it out later, thanks for the reply

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

Thanks i was just thinking if i had any scripts that would intervene in AI behaviour and yes i had.

Well i don't know if i am allowed to say but i don't have bought the game i am running a cracked version because i am waiting for a sale of arma3, i am having some hard times right now and 45 euro is a bit much to miss at this moment.

So i cannot play online

Closing - Unfortunately the thread owner Rarkhan has admitted that he is using an illegal copy of Arma3. We don't tolerate that here so he has therefore been banned from these forums until he can provide proof of a real legal copy.