Sign in to follow this  
blackpixxel

Hidden Flashsuppressors

Hi,

I would not even call this a mod, but I would like to share it:

You may have seen the flash suppresor attachments on very early Arma 3 screenshots (http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma3_e3_release_2_4.jpg). This item is not available in the game, but I found its .p3d model and the inventory picture in the game files.

I wrote a little config to make the flash hiders available in the game.

There are two different types for different weapon sizes/calibers. They will remove the muzzle flash of the weapon and lower the light emission while shooting. AIs ability to spot you with their eyes is also decreased. The muzzle velicity is slightly increased and the recoil decreased a bit.2014-08-26_00003_zpse5960bef.jpg2014-08-26_00014_zpsb887d5de.jpg

classnames

muzzle_mzls_L (For pistols and rifles below 6.5mm)

muzzle_mzls_H (For 6.5mm and 7.62mm)

Download

Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgiaahdtu18rr3o/bpx_flashhider.pbo?dl=0

I don't think that it makes much sense to have this as a seperate mod. So feel free to implement this in your mod if you want to.

There are also many other interresting files in the Arma 3 directory, like a big .50 cal Holosight or other Flashlights. Maybe you find something nice too!

Well, there was a third model in the files which was also named "mzls" (muzzle suppressor) which looked more like a regular sound suppressor. Ingame it was as long as a regular silencer, but the model was different. But I could not find a sniper suppressor.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Heads up! Noobish question inbound... :biggrin_o:

Can I use this by simply dropping the .pbo into the "addon" file within C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Addons?

If not, how could I?

Cheers!

:)

Heads up! Noobish question inbound... :biggrin_o:

Can I use this by simply dropping the .pbo into the "addon" file within C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Addons?

If not, how could I?

Cheers!

:)

Never, ever, ever do that! :D

Check out the installation guide on Armaholic

Never, ever, ever do that! :D

Check out the installation guide on Armaholic

Thank you I read the guide and copied the folder setup of my other mods (using the @mod method).

I wasn't sure as the download was just the single .pbo

Used this addPrimaryWeaponItem "muzzle_mzls_H"; to attach and test.

Thanks for reply :)

This would be really awesome with ASDG JointRails, I would like to see this kind of Flashsuppressor on lot of guns, especially at night

Hey Blackpixxel, nice discovery you have done, but I´d like to ask if you could make it ASDG joint muzzle compactible, cus only pistols HF are functional when I have it on... on the other side, if I disable ASDG JM, your addon interferes with optics attachments on the TRG - the funny thing is, it only interferes with the TRG and other modded weapons that inherits its configs - as it is no longer compactible with ASDG Joint Rails optics...

cheers!

Awesome ! Wonder how come it didn't make it to vanilla ?

Me too, BIS has left lotsa animations, models of weapons and accessories left unfinished inside A3 folders! EricJ had discovered a Trijicon SRS aimpoint that looks way better then the ACO reddots, and there´s this hidden flash suppressors, there´s an MRCO with NVG etc etc =P

Woah never knew that, are modders allowed to use that stuff.. I guess not

;2763257']Me too' date=' BIS has left lotsa animations, models of weapons and accessories left unfinished inside A3 folders! EricJ had discovered a Trijicon SRS aimpoint that looks way better then the ACO reddots, and there´s this hidden flash suppressors, there´s an MRCO with NVG etc etc =P[/quote']

We must free them. Quick, send our men to find out more of these, i'll ready the horses!

Awesome ! Wonder how come it didn't make it to vanilla ?
;2763257']Me too' date=' BIS has left lotsa animations, models of weapons and accessories left unfinished inside A3 folders! EricJ had discovered a Trijicon SRS aimpoint that looks way better then the ACO reddots, and there´s this hidden flash suppressors, there´s an MRCO with NVG etc etc =P[/quote']
We must free them. Quick, send our men to find out more of these, i'll ready the horses!
*cough* Let me just say that it's not that hard if you know how to write weapon/attachment configs... though from what I've seen, you three, emphasis on unfinished. For example, here's what one sight looks like from third-person... but here's what it looks like from first-person.

This sight is also not a regular weapon sight, it is made for .50s and miniguns on vehicles, helicopters and boats. Because of its size the gunner is able to look with both eyes through the sight. I wonder what BIS planned with that. There is only the offroad HMG that could benefit from this sight at the moment.

There are also some soundfiles for the M4 Shotgun, the M26 underslung shotgun and an "AA40" Shotgun, which may be a futuristic AA12. And another 0.50 sniper rifle. I think/hope we will see most of this unfinished stuff in the marksmen-dlc.

This sight is also not a regular weapon sight, it is made for .50s and miniguns on vehicles, helicopters and boats. Because of its size the gunner is able to look with both eyes through the sight. I wonder what BIS planned with that. There is only the offroad HMG that could benefit from this sight at the moment.

There are also some soundfiles for the M4 Shotgun, the M26 underslung shotgun and an "AA40" Shotgun, which may be a futuristic AA12. And another 0.50 sniper rifle. I think/hope we will see most of this unfinished stuff in the marksmen-dlc.

Bah, i don't want to pay extra for un finished things. I'd rather them make the new rifles and guns and that's it. But the sight... it'd be nice to have a regular dot sight for weapons. I don't like the extra circle on the outside for some reason.

maybe the reyhard static pack port too