zapat

GetTactical - a tactical-RTS interface

Thanks for reporting it here as well:

-have you tried other missions too?

-do you use any other mods?

Hello, first I must say this is the most AMAZING mod ever for Arma 3. I finally see the potential of playing this game for years and years to come.

however, same as the previous user, I'm having the same issue with it not working after SAVING in Huntersix, yes I'm using other mods. I will try to remove them and also test other missions.

but I must say GREAT work man!

cheers

Thanks for the kind words.

FYI: MANW contest ends in like a week: I will look into the issue after that.

If you can could you please check if

- this issue happens with other missions as well?

-What other mods you use?

-Which game version are you playing (dev, or stable build)

I've tried some official missions, and savegames are supposed to work. If they don't, the system is broken. Well, obviously. :)

ok so I removed all mods except CBA since it's a dependent, the mods played ok until about 4 or 5 saves later then nothing happens when press the caplocks key.

it may just be a problem with Huntersix cause I was not able to replicate the issue with any other mission. This weekend I will have more time to test it.

BTW, I play on the stable build, and use playwithsix as my mod manager.

cheers,

Ok, thanks.

Does HunterSIx uses custom keypress events? (Does it have any custom keys?)

What about the frame rate? Is it below 20 anywhere?

Not that I'm aware of, it seems to use the radio 0-0-...for it's comm., but it's a heavily scripted misson.

As far as frame drops, I don't have anything to monitor my fps, but I do not notice any stutter or slow downs...I have a pretty beast of a PC running 4 way sli. @3.5ghz but this Arma so I do get drops but not in this case

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it. Well, soon enough. Sorry for these delays. :)

I am just letting you know folks, that The Black Rain Project (a truly dynamic - and not random) mission natively utilizing the GetTactical View and many much more has reached Beta. Yes, 3 days before MANW deadline. So although it's already in top 20, I'd be happy for some more votes. And some brave players. :)

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it. Well, soon enough. Sorry for these delays. :)

Same thing with me playing Huntersix.

Awesome mod though, good luck on MANW :D

I've been thinking on it, and my answer is sadly no.

I would need to go into AI with this (handle weapon checks - what about addons?, handle ammo usage) and tie GTI to an external AI mod because of the other side so the enemy would react appropriately (which I'd like to avoid)

However if BIS implemented this feature and made it to work, it'd be quite simple to add it to GTI. I miss it too.

Maybe I'll add it to the Black Rain Project ,where I have total control over the enemy too.

(PS:the dust hasn't settled. I am nowehere near finishing Black Rain Project (sadly), and I have gigatons of fun playing it - even with its bugs, so I am finishing it first. It's just too good (for me) to leave it unfinished. (What is even more sad is that I forgot to upload this addon to the contest. Oh well... )

A true hero doesn't do it for money :)

I'm really pleased that you are loving your creation too zapat ! Keep up the good work mate. We all appreciate it.

A true hero doesn't do it for money :)

Oh, we could talk about it over a long night over a beer. I agree, but it's rare that you get the chance to get paid for your hobby. Well, this was what I thought. Truth is that it almost stealed my hobby, and now I KNOW it's a lot better without any competitions. It's art without a deadline, and becomes simple work with one. End of this topic on my part.

I'm really pleased that you are loving your creation too zapat !

I need to! It's been in my head for like a decade now: to create the ultimate tactical strategical persistent FPShooter RPG game. :) With only the parts I like to use taken from these. And arma is a great canvas to paint this on.

At least the caracass is done, and with some more work it will achieve what I want to play.

Edited by zapat

I will make one more attempt and if you still say no I will back off on the request for good.

Other AI mods already handle suppression effects. Bcombat, vcomai, Tpwcas, aiss, etc. All Weare missing is a way to tell AI to lay down suppression to some direction and at what rate. I think you'd be surprised how well the AI on the reacting side would react.

Side note. I've read some heated youtube comments since the deadline for MANW contest. History will tell how well it helped/hurt the community.

Continue to enjoy the hobby man. A model that I think BIS should adopt instead of the competition moving forward is sign talent here to short term contracts, renew them when they expire if earned, etc.

sttosin: for starters: design the UI part for the suppression and if I like it I may add it to GTI.

On design I mean:

how to activate suppression mode? Buttons? default by weapon? Content sensitive?

How to set the strength? Mouse wheel?

How to adopt all these into the existing UI so that it wouldn't conflict with existing commands?

then we'll need an algo for ammo handling. how should it affect the command? (if low ammo the unit just won't do what told? How to tell the user how much ammo is left?)

It would be a very deep branch. not saying it is not worth it, I am saying it is not as simple as it looks.

"I've read some heated youtube comments since the deadline for MANW contest."

Now you made me curious? What heated comments? :)

Aha.

Let's just say it was comments on review of RHS escalation mod. (Great mod btw. Much needed pack for Arma 3.)

New version is dowloadable both from the front page and from Steam.

The save/load bug is hopefully fixed, I'd welcome feedback on this.

Hello dears,

I have installe the mod but i can't get into the interface on my missions or in the editor simple mission.

What is the problem please? Can it be that my caps lock is for radio chatter?

BR.

Hello dears,

I have installe the mod but i can't get into the interface on my missions or in the editor simple mission.

What is the problem please? Can it be that my caps lock is for radio chatter? BR.

the same is not working

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

You guys are right. Something must have gone wrong when compiling this version, looking into it.

I have no fing idea why it doesn't fire...

Edited by zapat