zapat

GetTactical - a tactical-RTS interface

I get this bug as well. After using the backpack button on an AI companion it teleports my player five meters above the ground where he falls down and dies. I really hope you can fix this because your mod is a godsent for the clunky Arma GUI and AI handling.

I also get the message "GTI is getting slower than you (Code: 1)" Slow down a bit" quite often after a reload.

• Like 1

Well, it seems GTI is now rendered largely unusable,  as AI generally don't respond to movement orders once in contact, especially AT gunners, save for the forced movement. It's unfortunate to see you unable to further develop GTI zap, if you ever reads this.

I think it's definitely something that could have been (and still can be) pitched to BIS as a 3rd party DLC of some sort or better yet a built in alternative to default AI command. Personally I'm more than willing to pay a few bucks for it.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, mmm said:

I think it's definitely something that could have been (and still can be) pitched to BIS as a 3rd party DLC of some sort or better yet a built in alternative to default AI command. Personally I'm more than willing to pay a few bucks for it.

Unlikely, seems BI are only interested in projects that produce shiny new toys....talented scripters need not apply.  :icon_confused:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mmm said:

Well, it seems GTI is now rendered largely unusable

Oh rly?

I have a major update in the works which stalled in June (feels like last week how did we get to November?) at like 90%. But it works for me, so I didn't even know that previous release got broken in the meantime. I may release it soon in current state then: probably better than nothing.

If someone gave me 50 hour days, lol.  PUBG sucking me in doesn't help either. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thats really good news Zapat!

I what I see is that the AI does poorly when there is enemy contact nearby. I doesnt go to the destination you selected right away unless we are using a forced movement. AI insists in trying to stop to shoot at the enemy and if you do use forced movement sometimes we end up with AI in a kneel stance but jumping forward like a bunny to reach destination. I dont think GetTactical is useless though. I love this addon and cannot play arma without it. Thxs for your work!

Holy mother of god, zap, didn't expect you to be still around, surprised in a good way. Didn't fire up ARMA until the Tac-ops SP mission, that's when I noticed it.

23 minutes ago, Riksen said:

Thats really good news Zapat!

I what I see is that the AI does poorly when there is enemy contact nearby. I doesnt go to the destination you selected right away unless we are using a forced movement. AI insists in trying to stop to shoot at the enemy and if you do use forced movement sometimes we end up with AI in a kneel stance but jumping forward like a bunny to reach destination. I dont think GetTactical is useless though. I love this addon and cannot play arma without it. Thxs for your work!

Yes this is pretty much what I'm experiencing. But for AT gunner they won't move at all once they see a tank in range,  in ARMA AI's not taught to move with rocket launcher in hand in general it seem.

2 hours ago, mmm said:

Holy mother of god, zap, didn't expect you to be still around, surprised in a good way. Didn't fire up ARMA until the Tac-ops SP mission, that's when I noticed it.

The power of email notofications is strong within this one. :)

Ive been firing up ARMA lately too but my version seems to work well. I don't even kow what is released but probably some 2 years old crap.

Well come to think of it it is unfair to accuse your GTI of being broken just because things didn't go exactly I wanted in one scenario. Might have more to do with what they did to AI in general. AI tries to stop and target enemy within their line of sight every 2 steps even if I issue with vanilla command. That applies for AT gunner as well,  add the weapon swap they will only do when standing still that's a lot of time. On top of that they will absolutely not change stance until they swap back to rifle and move again.

As for absolutely no response to movement order from your GTI when having vehicle target in sight, it might just be AI's behavior for whatever script you use for movement these days. doMove?

For now, the workaround is to change unit to the gunner, swap to rifle for him, and order movement immediately. He actually wont try to target vehicle at all until the chain of all movements are all completed.

AI follow you in formation, occasionally hold fire, or take a movement on the map to roughly somewhere you're not even sure about is as deep as they want ARMA command to be it seems.

I agree. I dont think these issues are within GetTactical but with the behaviour of the AI itself. They want to stop and aim at people regardless of the move command.

Hmm, it seems movement order for vehicle also caps the vehicle movement speed to sprinting speed on foot. Can't say if it is a bad thing or not, consider how much AI crash my vehicles...

Also the forced movement comand usually causes the AI to teleport back and forth to the initial position most of the times.

Hi zapat,

first of all thank you very much for this great mod. I really enjoy using it and it is the main reason why I keep playing Arma. 

I was wondering if there is a more updated version available which you could share with us? Even if it is a beta I would be very interested to test it. 

Thank you!

So it is "BR_TACV_AlignX"  in "BR_TACV_osdFnc.sqf" governs how much the menu tab shift rightward? Took some time to find out...

As far as I can tell add "min 10" to "_this" seem to allow GTI to remain functional with a indefinite number of team members without keep nudging the menu UI out of screen. Sure there's no proper access to unit name card and all but it still beats the alternative. Now only if I can figure out how to prevent vehicle passengers from bailing out when accessing GTI...

Well for whoever it concerns, if there's still any, *sigh*...

Edit:I commented out the "setBehaviour" line to no apparent adverse effect so far, maybe I can expect AI stealth driving wheeled vehicle at night plus some more deliberate, tactical movement on foot now?

Now the throw out passenger, It does so when:

Stop holding "GTI key" in quick command, i.e. leaving GTI quick command

Upon Entering top-down command? At least the second acctime is not 0 passengers start to bail out. Maybe it already happened when you transitioned out of the initial "quick command" period which is where you always start at?

If they're given command to get in vehicle then you quickly enter GTI before they actually finish, they don't bail until given a waypoint or double click the garbage bin to erase all waypoint.

If all vehicle occupants(including only 1 occupant) are in passenger seat, 1 will remain in the vehicle without bailing, supposedly he has the vehicle ownership in this case.

Edit 2:

I think it's whatever uses "dostop" on the units... That seems to bail every passengers...

Still one of the best mods for Arma. Are there any new versions around which have fixed some of the bugs? Is anyone else still using it?

• Like 1

@rainbow47 I'm not aware of any since the last change log. I use a bootleg version myself, changed a few number here, removed a line there which is the limit of my ability, to no visible adverse effect.

I haven't fired up ARMA in a while(well what SP could I really use GTI in?), as far as I remember it works more or less as before even it has been abandoned for... Lemme see, 3+ years?! Means more or less same bugs, some quite severed IMO. Yet when and If I do I'd not play ARMA any other way unless one day it hard crash the game.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 7:14 PM, mmm said:

@rainbow47 I'm not aware of any since the last change log. I use a bootleg version myself, changed a few number here, removed a line there which is the limit of my ability, to no visible adverse effect.

I haven't fired up ARMA in a while(well what SP could I really use GTI in?), as far as I remember it works more or less as before even it has been abandoned for... Lemme see, 3+ years?! Means more or less same bugs, some quite severed IMO. Yet when and If I do I'd not play ARMA any other way unless one day it hard crash the game.

Hi mmm,

what have you changed in your bootleg version?