zapat

GetTactical - a tactical-RTS interface

A couple of questions, since I've never experienced such nor it should ever happen, since AI is never in leader position, only player is. (well this would be the main idea behind how the teamswich and the whole interface works in Gti - well there is one exception now: when you unitSwitch to a member of a subteam. Moreover the leader unit of the interface (the 11th unit)gets dumbed down to a brick before getting any leadership/player ).

Do you use any other mods?

Is it dev build by any chance?

Which unit says these? (11 GTI?)

When exactly? When opening up the top-down view?

What missions do you experience this? Are they script heavy? What fps are you getting wehn this happens?

No dev build, I'm fairly certain WWAI menu are irrelevant to the bugs I'm experiencing. timeXleration does mess with setacctime but since your GTI do the same I assume it is not a cause for concern.

I don't really know where it comes from anymore. Normally its from the group lead. But I think there are times the orders are given without me hearing anything... Maybe I missed the radio, or maybe its an unrelated bug? Let's just say it only comes from group lead for now.

It happens when entering top down view(not everytime though, seem most likely to happen after detecting new enemy contacts). I can't say for sure if it happens if you only go into over shoulder view, probably not.

I never tried zero script, just some units in editor sort of scenario so I can't say if it happens in zero script mission. But it did happen in a number of different scenarios if my memory serves. The Bingo Fuel official campaign mission in which I'm currently experiencing the bug, if I were to make a wild guess, is relatively script light.

So my theory(totally baseless of course) is, the group lead actually retained the leadership for a brief moment after the control is turned to the AI somehow, before being turned over to the GTI guy.

But who is the group lead? :)

Which unit is player and which unit is giving the orders? 

This is the question. With GTI the leader is always the player.

Could you send me a link to WWAI?

Well the last unit you switched to, I know the unit you switched to is made the leader.

Edit: Actually I can't be that certain. I stay in 1's body 99.9% of the time and I can't say for sure I've heard say 5 as the squad lead giving order on his own.

WW AImenu:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22380

I took a quick look into this mod.

I am almost 100% sure that the two together have this effect (if not WW AI alone). This mod is adding, and manipulating units too, so the two can conflict.

I don't even know why you thought that 2 mods doing the same thing "is irrelevant to the bugs I'm experiencing."

Well I just thought :P ... If you can make your inventory interaction in Black Rain a stand alone addon(with pause!) I might as well ditch it ;) ...

I'll disable it and see how things go. Thanks for the trouble shooting.

The radio chat is supposed to show the unit number giving the orders. 

With Gti you switch to a unit and made a leader instantly.  THEORETICALLY if the scheduler holds the script exactly right after switched to player AND before made it leader, such may happen. But I've never ever seen anything like this (scheduler messing up anything), so it's theory only, and probably needs an overloaded scheduler (contrary to the belief it's not that easy to do) . The more obvious things are usually the faulty when coding, so i'd say it's the two mods.

Well, I guess you probably know the answer if you check and see that this limitation has been up there for 2.5 years. There must be a reason, right? 

Is it intended that simply entering GTI(not issuing command in GTI) result in the move order given using vanilla command being nullified and returned to formation? I've run into too many bugs I really don't know what is what anymore.

edit: Well it seem to only affect certain squad member so I guess not.

I've run into too many bugs I really don't know what is what anymore.

Well, thank you mmm. I advise you to check out c2 mod, which basically do the same, in probably a bit more stable way.

To answer the question: yes, going into topdown view is supposed to stop some default actions. The reason is simple: I set some things how I usually like it to be.

Well the only glitch I know for certain is the "kick out vehicle passenger" one that I reported before. It's very reproducible and probably affects everyone, but its just a rather minor one.

Maybe I should stop annoying you with bugs that I can't exactly tell you how to produce across different scenarios. It seems they affect none other than me...

As for the C2 mod, I actually found out about it before you GTI. But I also knew without pausing nothing would really work for me. I end up finding the "cheaty" features from GTI like the pause, free moving camera and squad switch indispensable. You do have important things to gain from giving up MP compatibility.

Now that I finally worked my way back to the game over mission of the official campaign, I can tell you the stuck bug still happens in the particular scenario - BUT ONLY IN PLANNING MODE so far. It seems clicking the clock botton does get me to real time mode(which was probably not the case with previous version). And it seems I COULD in fact exit top down view in real time mode. Or by tapping caps lock in planning mode, then upon going into real time, I immediately go back to my character. Character switch also happens the same way. So I dunno, maybe it could be usable on the mission with the use of some workarounds, as long as I don't kill the menu tab by using the esc key, then I'm really stuck for good.

Don't know if this kind of behavior means anything to you but its here. And thanks for the (sort of?)fix.

Are you using any other mods?

Yeah:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19567

Also I did a little reverse engineering to your GTI so the setacctime upon exiting GTI is 1/8.

I started using:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28400, but only recently after the cam stuck bug. Just so when TimeXleration breaks down I can still mess with setacctime using debug console. I admit using this can probably cause additional stability issue so I tried to stay away.

And http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28091, just for this mission.

Hmm, nothing that seems to conflict.

If you happen to have that bug again, could you get me a screenshot of how that stuck actually looks? I wonder if it's the stuck I think it is. Maybe not.

Well, after a few hours(!) of play the stuck actually FIXED ITSELF! I'm not quite ready to reset my progress now. Screen shot won't really tell you much If you try to exit with Capslock, all UI element will remain there. With Esc all your GTI UI is removed. And consider it only happens to me in this scenario, it could be a different "stuck" from yours.

The other fatal bugs that may or may not be associated with the stuck bug in the scenario can generally be fixed by exiting and reload an earlier save, so I'm not too worried for now.

Yes, then it's a different stuck. What I fixed was when you spawn into the invisible unit upon exiting.

What you describe is something I have never ever seen. It seems to be in connection with key eventhandlers, or something like that (but in this case it might easily be a mod conflict)

But as long as I can't reproduce it in dev environment, there won't be any kind of fixes for it.

How can I fix the menu tab in place instead of having it squeezed further to the right with a 10+ squad? Something in BR_TACV_ADDON? Of course I won't hold you accountable for any bug I may run into.

BTW by just playing a bit in editor the vehicle seem to work okay with GTI(the throw out passenger thing notwithstanding), they move and watch direction just fine. You can even independently order gunner and commander to look in different directions which is neat. I wonder why you put a "GTI is infantry only" disclaimer there.

Anybody still working with the mod? I didn´t get an answer on steam. I have the problem that i fall down from about 5 meters when leaving the GTI. Also i dont get the inventory like in the videos...mine looks like the normal one, without one for a second unit.

Well, I kinda work on it, although haven't fired it up for like two months now. Probably an update broke it then. I'll take a look sometime in the future, and there is a huge team handling revision in the works too.

The inventory is a separate and unreleased mod, which will stay this way.

• Like 1

Nice to hear. I´m looking forward to it.

The problem occurs unregulary. Often enough it´s for example when i use the inventory button. This seems to make me become the unit (intended i guess) and when returning it drops me in another position then i was before and from a few meters high sometimes even killing me.

Maybe that helps finding the error. Take your time, just wanted to report as i like the mod a lot.

Im really glad zapat is still around as this is a must have mod for me. There is just no way to have an SP mission without it.

THANKS ZAPAT and we look forward to your next update!

Cheers

Nice to hear. I´m looking forward to it.

The problem occurs unregulary. Often enough it´s for example when i use the inventory button. This seems to make me become the unit (intended i guess) and when returning it drops me in another position then i was before and from a few meters high sometimes even killing me.

Maybe that helps finding the error. Take your time, just wanted to report as i like the mod a lot.

Which version do you use? Or you meant the inventory key?