zapat

GetTactical - a tactical-RTS interface

http://i.imgur.com/E9kbTrT.jpg

The ARMA UI itself isn't really a huge deal, but when you have a custom UI for a scenario it really start to bother.

Plus the GTI has the habit of throwing out passenger from the vehicle and return him into formation. I know it's not meant for vehicle but that occurs by just merely accessing it.

The UI error will be tricky to fix because I have absolutely no idea what may cause it.

The passenger bug must be related to the previous Arma patch and my hotfix for it, I didn't test it too deeply. If you could give me steps to reproduce the error, I could narrow it down.

Serena: I don't really understand your question. Where would you like to post Black Rain? (Note: Black Rain is very underdeveloped at the moment, it is so buggy, it is rather unusuable. New version is coming within a year or two. :) )

I found that the GTI in BR mission outdated, with no cool features from latest version and with broken grenades throwing. I just updated mission to actual GTI, and slightly tweaked. If you agree, I post updated mission here.

Changes:

- GetTactical engine v1.10 integrated

- Tweaked exhaustion to fatigue impact algorithm

- Tweaked chances to drop scopes and magazines (reduced)

- Added female units for each faction (optional, if FEMAL3 addon active)

BlackRainProject_GT110.zip

Dependencies:

- Mission self-sufficient and does NOT require CBA or Standalone GetTactical mods

- FEMAL3 addon (optional, tested with version FEMAL3 Alpha 2) LINK to thread

Known issues:

- Tutorial - FUNCTIONAL

- Skirmish - CURRENTLY BROKEN

- Epic Campaign - FUNCTIONAL

This is my first public work for Arma3, do not be too hard ^^

Edited by Serena

The passenger bug must be related to the previous Arma patch and my hotfix for it, I didn't test it too deeply. If you could give me steps to reproduce the error, I could narrow it down.

Thow a squadmate into a vehicle's non crew position, that is not commander/driver/gunner

Enter GTI via caps lock

If you start in real time mode the passenger will immediately bailout. It seems upon starting GTI the passenger is already given the order to bailout and return to formation, even if you start in plan mode and immediately exit. So there is really only one step to reproduce. It occurs very consistently in my case.

This reminds me of another quirk: A unit will be stuck at below the movement speed of the last movement order you issued in GTI. Say you give a movement order at walk speed in GTI, and order him to regroup using vanilla ARMA command, he will never exceed walk speed.

If you set a squad member to follow another in GTI, you will not be able to command the squad when assuming direct control of him(the follower). I think that's the cause of my aforementioned "AI squad lead take over" behavior in my previous post. Basically the sub group leader will takeover and order to open fire/heal/rearm etc automatically.

These are the bugs I can reproduce pretty much every time. If you need more detailed steps just ask away.

Serena: I appreciate your work and time very much, however I think that BR needs 200 hours of more work at least to be fully functional. Until that it's more broken than not so I'd rather let it sink. Of course you can use it for anything you'd like to, but I wouldn't want to scoop in new players for it (and posting updates does just that). I hope you don't get it wrong.

And I'd be curious about your tweaks. :)

mmm: thanks for the report. I'll look into these bugs as soon as I have some time.

I find it a little difficult to place a unit in a building position with more than one level. It is pretty much impossible to place a unit on the rooftop position of the unfinished building type with GTI because the building position bubble disappears when the camera is in a position that the rooftop is visible. Basically the area that the camera is considered by the GTI to be inside the building is too small for certain buildings.

Yes, this is a known issue and I am afraid it's going to stay this way.

I simply have no ideas to solve it. The two biggest enemies are that mousePos is 2d only, which cannot be converted into 3d easily in a way where it can handle the drawn icons, and the other is that my only idea to check if cursor is in a building is checking for roof.

The tool Is not for substituting but for complementing existing control meaning there are situations when you need to manually move into position.

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Units won't follow their multi floor waypoints properly anyways. :)

The building position is a relative minor issue for me anyways. But there seem to be so many bugs associated with the unit switching function. The more game breaking ones I can remember is a unit return to formation(even voiding the wait order) after switching to another unit. Also I've seen the squad lead and squad member given order to man the previous vehicle they used, presumably by your hidden 11th guy. Or a unit go into the stance specified in GTI only to return to standing immediately after accessing the GTI for a second time. There is also the bug a unit won't respond any GTI or vanilla ARMA command, occasionally respond to forceD order, but seemingly fixed by letting him follow another unit. I don't know how much you use unit switch function or how many bugs you run into yourself, cause unfortunately I can't offer any particular steps to reproduce, yet these are the more severe glitches.

Any chance any of those are caused by changing setacctime under BR_TACV_OnClosedDisplay?

Edit: It seems the return to standing stance glitch happens when a unit is not standing exactly on ground level: i.e on a pile of garbage or second floor. It could be then circumvented by ordering stance using the stock ARMA menu. But then you kinda have to remember that because the GTI has a stance system that's not really compatible.

Edited by mmm

These mostly seem to be caused by the previous update and my hotfix for it (Which broke more things than it fixed)

I will take alook as soon as I can, which won't be in the upcoming weeks sadly.

I used teamswitching earlier a lot without issues.

The non-responding bug is known as well however its something in the game itself. Usually a switch to that unit fixed it. Not always though.

I thought I'd be able to command the first 9 guys in a 10+ men squad with all GTI feature and probably able to use basic movement order and team switch function on the rest. What I didn't expect is that the squad lead(number 1) was taken over by AI when using GTI and issue command automatically. I don't know if this is what you meant but it is indeed totally unusable on a 10+ men squad. I'm not demanding fully featured control for the team members on the 2nd or 3rd page and so forth, but can it be fixed say if you make the hidden GTI guy the 99th in the squad? Just some rudimentary compatibility with a larger squad.

Edited by mmm

In BR_TACV_coreFnc.sqf, in BR_TACV_CreateCamUnit function, line 504, BR_TACV_camUnit joinAsSilent [bR_Grp, 11]; change the 11 to something more.

Any sideeffects can happen, its not this 11 only.

"it is indeed totally unusable on a 10+" The bold, large font on the frontpage stating its 10 units maximum is there for a reason.

Thank you for the info since my knowledge regarding scripting is nil. And while we're still on the topic, would you mind telling me how I can disable the dimming effect when the camera is some distance away? I don't intend to spy on the enemies in case you're curious, plus you're hiding the undetected ones anyways. Also it is unusually dark in night vision in planning mode in general. Something to do with your black and white effect?

"Any sideeffects can happen, its not this 11 only.

"it is indeed totally unusable on a 10+" The bold, large font on the frontpage stating its 10 units maximum is there for a reason.

Now if I could turn it from "totally unusable" to "might work sometimes", it's ought be good enough for me.

how I can disable the dimming effect when the camera is some distance away?

BR_TACV_FogOfWar = something really big integer; (it's in meters, so 10000 will suffice for most island)

either in your mission after TACV loaded (this is a settable variable), or rewrite it in BR_TACV.sqf (it's the first setting)

I'll take a look into the pp effect too.

In the meantime you can disable it in

BR_TACV_displayModesFnc.sqf, in line 110 (BR_TACV_ccHndl ppEffectAdjust...).

Just comment it out by //

Thx for all the info zap, the little tweaks seem to have worked. I did some very basic testing and it seems the AI didn't take over to order engage or whatever when having 10+ people. The unusually dark NV was indeed caused by the PPE, and without the fog of war my personal experience is a whole lot better.

Something I just noticed is that the UI is squeezed further to the right when having more than 10 people, so far I can have a max of 14 people without the button tab being squeezed out of the screen

Do you think you can do something about it? I personally don't mind if the menu tab is fixed to the right side of the 10th unit tab, if it is simpler for you.

Edited by mmm

Thx for all the info zap, the little tweaks seem to have worked. I did some very basic testing and it seems the AI didn't take over to order engage or whatever when having 10+ people. The unusually dark NV was indeed caused by the PPE, and without the fog of war my personal experience is a whole lot better.

Something I just noticed is that the UI is squeezed further to the right when having more than 10 people, so far I can have a max of 14 people without the button tab being squeezed out of the screen

Do you think you can do something about it?

Look at the first post. It only supports 10 units by design currently.

Sure, but if it can be made workable to a degree on a larger squad, I don't see reason not to. I'm only asking for things that I imagine is no more than a few number tweaks. I already got the idea that full-fledged compatibility with 10+ men is not on Zap's immediate to-do list.

This is an incredible mod — wow! Thanks for sharing it.

I've only run into one bug: I'm running the current version of the mod and latest stable version of Arma and the mod seems to mess with interface font size. Other than that, it's amazing and intuitive to use. Cheers!

• Like 1

I messed up with the keys trying to change CAPS LOCK default, with an attempted ALT TAB key sequence.

I am no longer able to change the MOD-bound key. How do I reset to original default ?

How do I manually edit, or is there a file I can delete to start over ?

Great MOD,

thanks.

Amazing mod but i also get the invisible enemy units bug ... :(

What is the bug exactly? I've been missing some months totally, and I can't find anything rolling back up.

oK ... When going in tactical view mode (starting in pause mode) enemy units that are not in direct sight of the player become invisible. After u get out of the mode and eventually get close to them and in your sight they remain invisible. You can only be aware of them with Tactical Glasses in TPW mod ... otherwise u dont know they are there but the ai still shoots and reports the enemy. When it happens u have to get back to tactical view and out again in order for them to show up ...

Ok, thanks.

How many enemy men do you have on the map?

It only happens to human like units ... vehicles and aircraft remain visible regardless. So when it happens u might see an empty car or chopper flying on its on ... Again, pressing CAPSLOCK to og in and then out of the tactiacl mode makes them reappear

Hope u can fix this ... cause this is truly the best arma 3 mod out there!