zapat

GetTactical - a tactical-RTS interface

Well, I have a crappy E8200 + HD4850 (512M) + 4G :) I'm using JSRS and MidTex. And I've had like one or two crashes during the registered 2100 hours...

Is it a CTD or a hang?

Does it happen at the same action (eg. when exiting the interface)?

Could you try it without the other mods?

Could you try it without the other mods?

I'll make some test but for now, "make blessings not war" ! :)

Merry Christmas

After a longer silence, here is a little teaser for the upcoming feature.

I am now concentrating on squad/team command, with some simplier selection methods (eg. select all nearby units) and of course the big thing, rubber line command (for the whole group or only parts of it)

Mother of god!

how could this is even possible!

Sir, you are a magician!

^^This.

I am loving the attention this part of Arma is getting!

Wow, that is truly amazing. Man you are talented. Great job.

I think i'll agree with that one! ;)

I seem to have some problems with subgrouping the way I want so expect the new version at the end of next week soonest. Sorry for the delay.

Hi !

Is it already possible to make the AI "know about" enemies in the distance that the player himselfe can see but the AI will not notice by themselves ?

Any news on a update? Also the download link is down :/ I have subbed on steam workshop but that seems to be outdated.

thanks for the broken link, it is now fixed. Yeah, steam is outdated, I need to catch up a bit.

It is still in development, I haven't had time in the past two weeks because of some prolonged RL projects. I am not abandoning Arma, I just have a bit less time for it this year. So I don't want to set an ETA again which I won't be able to meet. I am trying the upcoming couple of weeks though.

NEW VERSION IS OUT

The new version features the fuckin fantastic team management layer. Woohooo. I could say it will change team management forever. You know what? I am saying this. It is that good. Use diapers before trying it out! :)

Okay, so it's kinda experimental, every bugreport, idea, anything is warmly welcomed.

I know that the dumbasses sometimes switch places and go across each other, it's my fault, not theirs. It's a pretty hard thing to figure out, let me tell you.

The manual from the frontpage:

PRESS and HOLD CTRL to enter team management mode.

There is two independent layers of mass unit management: sub-groups, and rubber command.

Any unit can get a rubber command and he will follow it.

If a unit is in a sub-group, he will follow his leader if the leader gets an individual order.

blue buttons: these buttons extend the already known sub-team system with some quick grouping commands.

The system is semi intelligent: if you have a selected unit, he will be the leader, if not, the closest unit to where the cam looks will be the leader.

ALL: all units will be in the same group and instantly follow leader. (it's like the 0-1-1 command)

DIS: all units disband. This button deletes all sub-teams instantly.

SPT: cancels all subgroups and splits all units into two subgroups.

CLS: puts close units into a sub-group. Close to either a selected unit, or to the one in the center of view.

SEL: puts red-selected units into a sub-group.

red colorcode: indicates rubber-command related things. Rubber command is the fastest mass unit command mode and is independent from sub-groups. You can think of it as a batch WP utility.

- HOLD CTRL

- by LEFT CLICK red select/deselect units (semi automatic, considers sub grouped units, unit in center of view, etc. - for initial selection)

- by RIGHT HOLD draw one or more lines with your mouse

- RELEASE CTRL: units will have synced wps along the drawn line, facing outwards from the curve, sp you can play with how you curve your line. Circles should work fine too, although they don't all the time. If you can't draw a proper circle that is.

Oooooh .... going to try this out now. Sounds awesome zapat !]

EDIT: Just played around for about 30 minutes. This is just amazing. I love it. Well done mate.

Edited by Kremator

zapat .... this is just wonderful! I only really play MP, but this is just superb for helping me to control my troops (and myself !)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I will have to check out the new version, but in previous one when I played for some time GT would sometimes turn itself on and often glitch out leaving me in control of the "camera guy". Usually happened when game was under strain.

Taro8: it shouldn't happen. Do you know which version it was? (did you download from here or from steam?)

Can't get Interface to open holding Cntrl -maybe don't work on Dev Branch? No other mods cept CBA

Open the interface with your default button, and then hold ctrl. The buttons should change to the blue ones, and red selections should all appear.