bravo93

Northern Ireland Insurgents

I know the wound textures don't work on any of the guys with jumpers. That might be a BI problem because the default guerilla unit they're based on doesn't seem to have any either..

As for the future.. definitely interested in expanding to RUC, British Army etc.. At the moment I'm learning about terrain making. I'd really love a condensed Ireland map!

I know Smokedog's interested in bring his Belfast map to A3.. can't wait for that!

Good to hear you have a map in plan!And I will download and test your update as soon as I finish my work today!My COOP unit have decided to use this mod in our SAS campaign!Cheers!

I know the wound textures don't work on any of the guys with jumpers. That might be a BI problem because the default guerilla unit they're based on doesn't seem to have any either..

As for the future.. definitely interested in expanding to RUC, British Army etc.. At the moment I'm learning about terrain making. I'd really love a condensed Ireland map!

I know Smokedog's interested in bring his Belfast map to A3.. can't wait for that!

Ah yes, you're right. Can't wait to see more of this mod!

How goes the progress?

Rather slow unfortunately.. I've been very busy recently and haven't had much time to work on the mod.. or the map :(

If anyone is interested in helping with anything NI related, then I'd love it if you could send me a PM. I would love to see a larger NI mod in A3 with maybe a map (or two), some more units, vehicles etc but I'm lacking the skills to move this forward at the moment.

Ah that's sad to hear! I hope progress will speeden once you find more time, I and surely many others would love to see this mod completed!

Is this mod compatible with alive yet? I diddnt see it in its most recent update :(

Hi guys, I'm planning on doing a BIG update to this pack. Basically 'Northern Ireland Insurgents' will become 'The Troubles'.. or something similar!

I'm planning on expanding from IRA/UVF to include British Army, RUC, civilians, vehicles, objects.. and eventually a map. 

I've decided to remove the dependency for Massi weapons pack - and i'm leaning towards replacing it with CUP weapons. I'm also thinking about making CUP units a requirement. Am I right in thinking most people now use CUP as a standard mod so wouldn't have a problem with this? Obviously I don't expect people to download 5GBs to use the mod but I imagine most people already use CUP?

• Like 3

Yes. I think that CUP have finally managed to establish themselves as a de facto mod for many of us, much like ACE3, RHS, etc.

This is due to their quality, breadth of content & ease of distribution (Steam).

• Like 1

Hi guys, I'm planning on doing a BIG update to this pack. Basically 'Northern Ireland Insurgents' will become 'The Troubles'.. or something similar!

I'm planning on expanding from IRA/UVF to include British Army, RUC, civilians, vehicles, objects.. and eventually a map. 

I've decided to remove the dependency for Massi weapons pack - and i'm leaning towards replacing it with CUP weapons. I'm also thinking about making CUP units a requirement. Am I right in thinking most people now use CUP as a standard mod so wouldn't have a problem with this? Obviously I don't expect people to download 5GBs to use the mod but I imagine most people already use CUP?

Great to see an update coming for this.

I have no issue with changing to CUP either. While for now massi's weapons in some cases are a little more polished, I know CUP will have long term updates and improvements also.

Regarding a map-the Irish map for Arma 2 was great. If you could contact it's maker and get permission to port it to A3 it would be a perfect setting. It's set in Leitrim which is a border county-lots of shady, cross border missions could be made :) https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/125531-carraigdubh-county-leitrim-a-5x5km-geotypical-irish-terrain/

3CB's most recent update added DPM smocks that really fit into the Troubles era image also.

Any good mission for this would need a masterstroke of mission making genius, what with the sides never being quite what they seem. If there`s ever been a more fucked up, convoluted conflict in history, please point it out :)

Sadly stuck in Airdrie in Scotland right now where the same troubles continue (albeit in a much smaller scale), and it`s one of those conflicts that never did get the representation in gaming that it deserved (along with the falklands). Would be nice to experience a little bit of something closer to home than the usual east-west, middle east or WW2 thing, but anything close to a realistic mission would be.... difficult.

..funny thing about that 3CB release. First thing I did was go through the pack and noticing the new stuff, started putting together the whole para gear. It`s not perfect, but the time and place was suddenly all there on-screen. Lots of potential with a handful of commonly used mods.

• Like 1

An early WIP of the legendary Snatch Land Rover. I'm hoping to get my hands on a nicer model but this should suffice in the meantime!

4il9WuG.png

t0ysU0O.png

• Like 5

So what kind of map are you planning? Rural Northern Ireland? Or some of the more turbulent neighbourhoods?

I'd quite like to see a miniature version of Northern Ireland containing the rural areas and urban areas (Belfast, Londonderry etc). Also a tiny bit of the Republic in the south with border checkpoints etc. I've never really looked at making a terrain in Arma so I've got a lot to learn!

Between the units, vehicles, map etc.. it's quite a lot of work so if anyone wants to get involved then any help is much appreciated. I agree it's massively under represented conflict with a lot of potential.

Hello, there have been quite a long time since bravo93 was active here, but i hope the mod isn't dead, because i have been flying trough the Arma 3 workshop in hope to find an IRA mod, but the only "IRA" that i find is Jihad looking modern soldiers. I wish you the best of luck if you are still working on this masterpiece! I'm cheering on you!

Ummm you obviously cant hover your mouse over bravo93's nameplate, as if you did you'd see he was active on Friday at 12:04pm.  I'm sure he'd have posted something in over 2 years to let us know. 

I meant active here like posting updates, i am aware that he was online on Friday, but that doesn't mean he have been active here since 4th October 2016.

15 hours ago, Rockybrown said:

I meant active here like posting updates, i am aware that he was online on Friday, but that doesn't mean he have been active here since 4th October 2016.

Well as you can see the thread was not updated since 4th October 2016. It would have been better to have contacted the author rather than dig up an old thread. I will now close this thread, if the author would like it opened, please contact a member of the moderating team.

10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.