Sign in to follow this  
terellef

Multi-role Targeting Selection System

http://youtu.be/hAsoH1LyyRI

Here I present the M.T.S.S Multi-role targeting selection system it is a voice operated system that runs externally from Arma-3.

The system has been developed even more since this video was made below I will list the features.

Note: the voice has been changed to a male voice
New features

These are the basic flight controls some are self explanatory some I will leave a brief description for.

Gear up
Gear down.

Flaps one
Flaps full- flaps fully retract.

Flaps up
Flaps zero - flaps fully raise.

Afterburner on/off.

Eject.

Help- The system will give instructions on how to activate and deactivate it.

All Commands- The system will list all commands.

Change Weapon's.

Next target.

Target.

Fire.

Payload - Release one GBU.

Carpet bomb - Release 4 GBU's.

Drop 2 - Drop 2 GBU's.

Burst - Release 4 missiles or rounds of any weapon.

*Probe - Specially made for use with Spartan's plane model's been tested with the MIG and the FA18.

System status - Will tell the player weather the system is on or off will also notify the player if the system has any errors.

Landing autopilot on/off.

The system can also hold a number of generic conversation with the pilot and will respond to a range of things.

*The system is now able to converse with the player even when the system is disabled for instance it will still give help and hold generic conversation.

"If the player is giving commands such as target fire ect when the system is off the system will notify the layer that its inactive.

*Multiple responses when targeting.

In regards to the conversation engine it will continue to grow with time the more that is put in to the system such as questions answers phrases commands ect every time they are input it will make the conversation more powerful, but intend to limit the conversation side of things and focus mainly on flight and targeting commands this will prevent latency and misinterpretation however it is compatible with windows speech so you could use that to make it fit your language or your exact pronunciation of different words and phrases.

I know there are some more complex controls for targeting in arma 3 I haven't explored them yet when I. have a full grasp of how they work I will implement them. I'm even even thinking about implementing multiple stages of activation for the weapons.

I will be making another video to show the new features and also the M.T.S.S voice replacement I am using VW-Paul if anyone knows where to get other male voice's for windows and would be willing to provide me a link I would be very grateful.
Edited by terellef
Updated

@terell - interesting concept, and Siri as a "bittching Betty", not bad. I am interested where this concept will go. Is this goanna be a standalone PBO that can work with any aircraft or its a set of scripts that need to be placed in mission?

@terelle - interesting concept, and Siri as a "bittching Betty", not bad. I am interested where this concept will go. Is this goanna be a standalone PBO that can work with any aircraft or its a set of scripts that need to be placed in mission?

Wow The Maker Off My Favourite jet In Arma3 Has taken Interest I'm Gobsmacked thankyou i love your mods :D :butbut:

Its a standalone system infact its completely external so there's no conflict between it and arma and no addon is needed for it to work.

At the moment its compatible with all aircraft in arma 2 & 3

but recently I have been focusing on making it fully compatible with your FA18 Model which has proven successful so far :dance:

the possibility's are endless in terms of what can be done with voice commands like infantry commanding ect but at the moment I'm mainly working with aircraft this does include helicopters.

p.s is there a hotkey for extending the refueling probe on the fa18 ?.

@Terell, right now there is no added shortcut to extend/retract refuelibg probe. Use a sqf script to execute animations:

_FA18 animate ["fuel_probe",1]; to extend refuelling probe

_FA18 animate ["fuel_probe",0]; to retract refuelling probe

So it's like an external app on the phone or tablet?

If you need a help with a list of animations on the model, drop me a PM.

keep up the good work.

Edited by John_Spartan

@Terell, right now there is no added shortcut to extend/retract refuelibg probe. Use a sqf script to execute animations:

_FA18 animate ["fuel_probe",1]; to extend refuelling probe

_FA18 animate ["fuel_probe",0]; to retract refuelling probe

So it's like an external app on the phone or tablet?

If you need a help with a list of animations on the model, drop me a PM.

keep up the good work.

:) Thankyou very much

ok wicked iv'e got a few ideas on how I could make that work :icon_idea::headscratch:

and yes its an external program what runs on windows its very small and easy to use

Lol that capitalization in first post tho :)

Sounds like a great concept for a mod, flashback to falcon bms already... Crashing into the korean ocean memories mostly.. Oh those first 20 minutes not realizing my joystick was unplugged... Those wre the days:p

Not quite a mod in the usual sense, as the OP goes out of his way to describe, but I am very much interested (not least since I did port one of those aircraft from Arma 2) in understanding more about how compatibility is done; is it you the OP setting up all 'aircraft profiles' in your MRTSS individually, or is this program something that someone can build support for into their aircraft mod?

Not quite a mod in the usual sense, as the OP goes out of his way to describe, but I am very much interested (not least since I did port one of those aircraft from Arma 2) in understanding more about how compatibility is done; is it you the OP setting up all 'aircraft profiles' in your M.R.T.S.S individually, or is this program something that someone can build support for into their aircraft mod?

There are no individual aircraft profiles its just one system for flying but I will add additional features to fit all planes as they come its not really something you could integrate into a mod its a standalone kinda thing. I know allot of people are gonna be sceptical about this system and whether its too good to be true or if i'm making this out to be more than what it is so i will be making multiple demonstrational videos going in depth into the programming and just generally exploring the features and responses.

Why, in the name of all that is holy, would you write the first letter of every word as capitals?

Also comic sans? I mean, come on, it's 2014, catch up.

vrakpant - why don't you go and sulk under a cabbage somewhere - have you got nothing more positive to add..? Thank goodness you've restricted yourself to 8 posts... Hopefully they weren't all so pathetic.

SJ