Sign in to follow this  
amiscus

Re-spawned units do not show up for Zeus

Hello guys,

I've been working with Zeus a long time now, but recently we added the possibility to die! but after respawning Zeus does not see the unit marked with the icon above the name.

Can anyone tell me if there is a script that can help me with that?

Regards,

Amiscus

Hello guys,

I've been working with Zeus a long time now, but recently we added the possibility to die! but after respawning Zeus does not see the unit marked with the icon above the name.

Can anyone tell me if there is a script that can help me with that?

Regards,

Amiscus

I had to use a couple event handlers to have this working:

// on server

"QS_respawnAddToCurator" addPublicVariableEventHandler {

if ((count allCurators) > 0) then {

{_x addCuratorEditableObjects [[((_this select 1) select 0)],TRUE];} count allCurators;

};

};

// on clients

player addEventHandler [

"Respawn",

{

QS_respawnAddToCurator = [player]; publicVariableServer "QS_respawnAddToCurator";

}

];

^ The server has to do the work, so you need to send the players new body as a variable to the server, for it to add. Trying to add stuff to Curator locally (from the client) will produce an error.

I have a similar issue but its with vehicles, and it only occurs if the vehicle is deleted by curator instead of destroyed.

This will probably solve all your problems

init.sqf

[color="#FF8040"][color="#191970"][b]if[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]isServer[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]then[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]spawn[/b][/color] 
	[color="#191970"][b]while[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color][color="#000000"]true[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]do[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]
		[color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]CURATOR_NAME [color="#191970"][b]addCuratorEditableObjects[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#000000"]_x[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#000000"]true[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]forEach[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]vehicles[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
		[color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]CURATOR_NAME [color="#191970"][b]addCuratorEditableObjects[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#000000"]_x[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#000000"]true[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]forEach[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]allUnits[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
		[color="#191970"][b]sleep[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]60[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

Edited by R3vo

by server do you mean the init.sqf in the directory?

Yes, I do.

I can't post my own threads yet since I'm new here but maybe someone can help me on this thread.

I'm having a similar issue, but the thing is I can't see my player marker while in Zeus and it doesn't appear in the units on the left, which means I can't tie an AI unit to my squad.

anyone know of a fix?

thanks

I can't post my own threads yet since I'm new here but maybe someone can help me on this thread.

I'm having a similar issue, but the thing is I can't see my player marker while in Zeus and it doesn't appear in the units on the left, which means I can't tie an AI unit to my squad.

anyone know of a fix?

thanks

Dude, the solution is all over this thread. "addCuratorEditableObjects"

This will probably solve all your problems

[color="#FF8040"][color="#191970"][b]if[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]isServer[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]then[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]spawn[/b][/color] 
	[color="#191970"][b]while[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color][color="#000000"]true[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]do[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]
		[color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]CURATOR_NAME [color="#191970"][b]addCuratorEditableObjects[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#000000"]_x[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#000000"]true[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]forEach[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]allUnits[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]  [...]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

Is there an option to only add slotted players instead of allUnits? I have AI-guards patrolling that I don't want Zeus-editable.

Edited by Hypersteff
Missing Brace and quote edited

Try to replace allUnits with allPlayers