alarm9k

Smarter tanks script

OK, me and my firends started to search any option to force AI crew in tank if it have damaged track. We know about "allowcrewinimmobile" but ts impossible to put this in every tank - downloaded missions, subscribed mission - unpacking it every time and changing instead of JUST PLAY (for fox sake!).
So i've got an idea, but i'm not expert at coding, so i think about you alarm9k .
Imagine this situation:
You are driving in tight vilalge streets of afghanistan, someone shoot to you with disposable RPG-26, track being damaged, AT spec. have no more AT ammo (disposable launcher).
And what he see? He see stupid suiciders getting out of tank straight to small arms fire just to die (they are forced out of tank by AI - 3 man against 6 or 8)
My idea is to change behavior, and it can be done by putting few lines in script (i cant but i believe others can):
Original arma behavior:
- Tank in aware mode > see the enemy > turn into combat mode > Tank got hit by AT launcher > Any component is damaged > Crew disembark under fire > They simply die.
OR
- Tank in aware mode > see the enemy > turn into combat mode > danger is gone > Turn into aware mode
Now my idea is:
- Make tank crew "machanics" - ACE 3 done that
- Mechanics class can repair Main gun, commander's turret, track, engine - ACE 3 done that
- All vehicles are equipped with tolls kit
- Tank in aware mode > see the enemy > turn into combat mode > Tank got hit by AT launcher > Track or Engine is damaged > "allowcrewinimmobile" * > Danger is gone > Tank turn into aware mode > Driver disembark and starting repair the broken component.

* is connected to combat mode, so crew is still in immobilised tank and are able to take out the danger

It is really possible, cant understant what is higher priorities than fixing the unrealistic behavior in SIMULATOR GAME.

• Like 1

Wow best mod for arma :p I like when Community people doing what bis refuse forgot implement into vanilla arma even if there is tons of feedback tracker and videos and nothing happenes :) thank u man

Does this mod still work? I've just tried it out using Zeus and the vanilla tanks haven't fired HE at infantry at all. I don't think they've been turning their front armor either.

v.1.4: now with banana flavor an addon.

---------- Post added at 05:53 ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 ----------

Also, if you know how to do this, I will gladly use your help.

Replied on the attached link. It's just a suggestion. We could try the new disableAI behaviors. To be more precise, I'm thinking about "AutoTarget" "autoCombat" "aimingError"

So, is this mod even functional now?

It seems it is, kinda, the tank did reorient itself to face the enemy, not 100% of the time, but it appears to work at least partially..

Does this mod conflict with real tank crew mod and asr AI? I would like to use it with both of them. 

Smarter tanks is obsolete and outdated now, I will try to edit RTC mod a little this weekend to make tanks stand front to enemy. ASR should nod conflict with RTC, but smarter tanks may conflict, but actually, there is big chance it isnt, i will look into code later in saturday or tomorrow, cant say for now.

• Like 2

currently updating this and optimizing some aspects of it

the weapon type and magazine shell type are done via configs now

finally CfgFunctions preInit and cfgVehicles-EH used to init the system

this way it should be future proof and compatible with 3rd party mods (as long as the follow some sane config design or add the custom parameters)

anyhow looking for a testers if interested

contact me on our discord (https://discord.gg/0vQjglomrhMXqTF1)

• Like 6

Anything that allows a 'war thunder' type control for our tanks would be a wonderful addition.

Great to see the great .kyu back in action!

13 hours ago, .kju said:

currently updating this and optimizing some aspects of it

the weapon type and magazine shell type are done via configs now

finally CfgFunctions preInit and cfgVehicles-EH used to init the system

this way it should be future proof and compatible with 3rd party mods (as long as the follow some sane config design or add the custom parameters)

anyhow looking for a testers if interested

contact me on our discord (https://discord.gg/0vQjglomrhMXqTF1)

Perhaps these two mods might be of interest: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/839956406 and https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884012716 

I hope to see this continue someday, tanks are still dumb and run at each other. Saw two tanks run into each other and many somehow flipped over.