Sign in to follow this  
sandman1980

Since Update 1.26 i can´t Savegame

Hi everyone! i have a problem. Since the update 1.26 all the Escenarios that i was playing reset the savegames. I mean that i have to start again all missions. It is not a problem, but when a start again one mission that a have played (The mission is this:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=228186879) y play normally, save the game periodically, but when i exit the mission the option to Continue not appear, only the option to start the mission again like if there no savegames.

Check your documents : you might have a file or a folder set to "read only".

Got the same problem. All mods disabled, verified integrity of game cache and still the problem persists.

You have the problem with all downloaded missions? Try if the campaign let savegame? i not try this.

1. Play the single player mission Operation Jungle Phantom

2. Search for Mortars for 4 hours

3. Find them, try to assault them

4. Getting killed, gamescreen gets stuck after death, can't press anything only view map

5. Alt+f4 ARMA3

6. Come back, try to load my saves

7. No "resume" or "load" button on a mission

8. Sc*w this game. My neuron cells are too precious to be wasted like that.

Seriously, guys. I know that every new ARMA is usually far from being enjoyable and bug free, but I can't believe that ARMA3 fails even at something as crucial as loading your game. My saves are fine they are still in the folder but the game just refuses to see them. I even tried that Outlaw's Initialize mod to initialize mods or something, it doesn't do a thing at all I still can't load my game.

Not coming back to it until I find a way to use my gamesave files.

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

Ok everyone, please, I found the way to load your game. You need to locate your save files in my documents/arma3/steam and mission name folder. Once you find them copy them somewhere and start ARMA3. Start that mission from the beginning. Save it. ALT+TAB the game and copy your old save back into that folder that now has only a new save file. ALT+TAB to get back to the game and enjoy your old saves :)

That's weird... Are you guys absolutely sure that none of your files/folders are set to "read only"?

Pepe Hal you are right! this This folder and so many other appears as Read Only!!!! i dont know why. But if i change the state to not read only, change does not apply. The folder keep his read only state!

Edit: i was read more info about the read only folders in windows 7 and is common this. So again the problem is Arma3 with the new update. I try that stmalk said and it work!!!! at least is a workaround that let us play the missions!

Edited by Sandman1980

The folder keep his read only state!

Try to delete the folder (after you backed up your saves), create a new one with the same name and paste your saves in it - it might do the trick. ;)

Just jumped into a campaign mission and saved game. Can only revert or replay missions, both options restarted the mission.

Pepe Hal; I went to documents folder/Arma 3/Saved/steam. There I can see folders with each scenario I have. I deleted one of the scenario saves and went to play that scenario again and saved. Could still not load. New scenario save folder showed up. And it is the same problem as Sandman mentioned. The folders are set to Read-Only, but toggling it off does not apply.

In that case you can try deleting the "Arma3" folder (a new one should be created next time you play) - if that still doesn't work, the last resort would be a complete removal & reinstall of the game. :(

Confirmed, is not a problem of read only folders sinse all folders in C: of windows7 are set this way. The problem is Arma3 and the last update. Because when you play the mission and save, all save are fine, appears in the folders, the problem is that the Continue button disappear, when you exit a mission the only option you have is Start the mission again.

For info : datas about last played missions are stored in my documents>>Arma3>>MyName.Arma3Profile

Have a look at it and search those lines :

lastSPMission="";
currentCampaign="A3\Missions_F_EPA\Campaign";
lastCampaignMission="Situation Normal";

and check what it says.

Can be a problem of the profile? I don't create a new one. I must have to try this.

I have the same shit problem lost all my savegames after this update and cant save anymore!

Some users reported such issue since 1.26 with my mission, but only for Workshop version. No such problems for non-Steam version users. Thus right question to ask ma be, if the problem in all cases occured for Workshop mission, or not? Personally I'm avoiding Workshop as much as I can - prove to be unreliable more than once. Lost saves, unable to update etc... Why bother?

lost all my savegames after this update

This from the other hand seems to be normal thing, occuring every update.

Same saves problem here. Cannot load savegames for any mission or campaign. (steam or not).

Very annoying.

Completely uninstalled/reinstalled A3 (including Profiles/appdata folders) with no results (except the loss of all my campaigns savegames :'(). Please Help!

Damn, looks like quite a serious issue :/

I suggest creating a ticket on a the feedback tracker : something that important, BIS will most likely fix it once they acknowledged it.

Damn, looks like quite a serious issue :/

I suggest creating a ticket on a the feedback tracker : something that important, BIS will most likely fix it once they acknowledged it.

Guess what? I played A3 since early access and I don't even know how to do this...:cool:

EDIT: Ticket created.

Edited by kats

I have 2 ARMA3 profiles, the default profile and my clan profile. I usually play with my clan profile. What I have noticed is that for my save games to appear (i.e. resume button), I either have to play using the default profile OR play the scenario with my clan profile, save and exit, switch to the default profile, play the same scenario and save and exit, then switch back to my clan profile at which point I can resume (i.e. resume button appears).

Here is how to reproduce :

Delete the Saved folder in the default profile:

C:\Users\HILKIAH\Dropbox\Documents\Arma 3\Saved

Delete the Saved folder in the alternate profile:

C:\Users\HILKIAH\Dropbox\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\-1PARA-hilkiah\Saved

1-Launch game

2-switch to alternate profile (if it isn't already selected)

3-start the scenario (e.g. Dsylecxi's gear menu)

4-save and exit

** at this point, here is what the Saved dir looks like on both profiles:

Default profile:

C:\Users\HILKIAH\Dropbox\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\dslyecxi's%20gear%20menu%20v1%2e6.altis\dslyecxi's%20gear%20menu%20v1%2e6.altis.pbo (only the pbo file)

C:\Users\HILKIAH\Dropbox\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\meta\cacheItems.map,publishedContent.list,subscribedContent.list (3 files)

Alternate profile:

C:\Users\HILKIAH\Dropbox\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\-1PARA-hilkiah\Saved\steam\dslyecxi's%20gear%20menu%20v1%2e6.altis\continue.Arma3Save,weapons.cfg (2 files)

** at this point there is no resume/restart option for this scenario

5-switch to default profile

6-start same scenario (e.g. Dsylecxi's gear menu)

7-save and exit

** at this point the resume/restart option is available for BOTH profiles. Also here is what the Saved dir looks like on both profiles:

Default profile:

C:\Users\HILKIAH\Dropbox\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\dslyecxi's%20gear%20menu%20v1%2e6.altis\dslyecxi's%20gear%20menu%20v1%2e6.altis.pbo,continue.Arma3Save,weapons.cfg (3 files)

C:\Users\HILKIAH\Dropbox\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\meta\cacheItems.map,publishedContent.list,subscribedContent.list (3 files)

Alternate profile:

C:\Users\HILKIAH\Dropbox\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\-1PARA-hilkiah\Saved\steam\dslyecxi's%20gear%20menu%20v1%2e6.altis\continue.Arma3Save,weapons.cfg (2 files)

As a work around, I will simply play all scenarios with my default profile until this is fixed.

EDIT: Ticket created.

Could you provide a link to the ticket?

Just to make sure people upvote it and add more informations if need be. ;)

Ok guys, it looks that it's a profile compatibility problem. (as found above.)

The error I made was to use my original profile. You have to delete it, and create one from scratch ingame. Now you can save and load. (it worked for me).

Don't try to restore the old profiles files you backuped.

To keep your bindings and other things like "missions played" checkboxes, you can edit with a text editor the file <NameOfTheProfile>.Arma3Profile in: Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\<NameOfTheProfile>\

So:

1) Backup your Documents/Profiles files

2) Delete them. (Delete the folder directly)

3) Launch Arma and create a New Profile. Choose a face/voice/whatever you think is important for you :)

4) Close Arma

5) Edit the newly created profile file with a text editor

6) Copy paste the sections you want to keep from the old file to the new.

E.G: the section "keyXXXX=<value>" to keep your keybindings, or the "activeKeys[]= {<missions_names>}" section to keep the checkboxes on the missions you have played

The texts are explicit so it's easy to find what each section does. Dont forget some "{" or "}" or ";" or you'll get an error when launching Arma3.

7) Save it and play Arma. You can now save and load, even if you quit the game.

I didn't try to load older saves since I deleted them in my previous experimentations.

Hope it helps

EDIT: still doesn't work with some scenarios. :/ (I can load save if I die but if I leave the game I cant.)

At least I can play the campaign.

Edited by kats

Kats, only works deleting the old profile and created a new one? I try to create a new profile (but dont delete the old one, so in game i have now two profiles) and in this new profile a cant load or save games.