Undeceived

How to end mission immediately after intro cutscene?

Hi guys!

In the editor we have the intro section, the mission section and the outro(s) section, right?

In a campaign I have some longer cutscenes. I wanted to give the player the option to skip these, so I made them as "stand alone" missions and put them in the intro or outro sections.

Now, let's assume that the very first mission of the campaign is such an intro cutscene. I have put the cutscene in the intro section of the cutscene-mission. Now, what will happen is:

1. The intro section of the mission loads

2. The cutscene is played

3. The "mission section" of the mission is loaded (the mission starts immediately as I disabled the briefing)

5. The mission starts with black screen and is ended immediately, as this is a cutscene mission without playable content

6. The next mission is loaded

Now to my question: Is there a way to end the whole mission right after the intro section has finished? I want this because I want to prevent the loading of x mission sections. 🙂 In my campaign it's the case that I have TWO cutscene missions one after the other (for performance reasons) and if the player starts the campaign, he will see lots of mission section loadings with the cutscenes between them.

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Hello guys, looking for a solution I googled the problem today and found this thread which I myself created in 2014. 😁 It's still the same issue.

So I bump this and ask for help / ideas. Thanks a lot!

Why don't you make your "intro" as your main mission itself (i.e. have no intro) and end the 'mission' at the end of the cutscene? Or, seeing as you have 2 cutscenes playing one after another, have one as the intro and the other as the 'mission'?

Thanks for replying.

The reasons are:

Cutscenes in the mission section can't be skipped.

I could use the intro section for the first cutscene and the outro section for the second one, but they (from the mission designing perspective) need different overview pictures.

2 hours ago, Undeceived said:

Cutscenes in the mission section can't be skipped

Uh, isn't this possible by now? I remember some cutscenes in newer Bohemia DLC where you can press Space to skip... Can anyone point me in the right direction, how the command is called?

Edit:
Searched for this in the official pbo.s (e.g. Laws of War) and found something like fnc_skip, but this seems way too complicated... I probably have to give up on this.

I'm sad you didn't find your answer, but I'm very happy  to see Undeceived is back creating!  :yay:

• Like 1