Sign in to follow this  
zir

Redhawk Inc. - Mercs

Current version: 1.1

Redhawks_Small.jpg

Hi folks!

I'm pretty new to these sacred forums, have been playing Arma/OFP since 2001 and picked up modding APR 2013 ago.

I wanted to share my very first addon with you. It's out on Steam for quite a while now, but I figured that I should provide the community with a proper link as well.

The reason I made those units it that I'm (slowly) writing a campaign for ArmA3. The Redhawks are going to play a major role there.

I decided to release all of my addons (yes - there will be more) as I'm finishing them, since they all could use some playtesting and finishing touches.

So, here goes:

Your shady-contractor-next-door is ready for deployment! If a classic mercenary group with a touch of 90's hollywood is what you want, than Redhawk Security Inc. is what you should get.

These folks are the right choice for your Lo-Tec missions in Takistan, Lingor or whereever else there is another dictator to protect.

The addon requires you to have the following goodies installed:

Toadie's weapons

Zeealex' F3MALE units

RH Pistol pack

While this addons core is a simple retexturing/configuration job, I also included randomized gear which makes the 'hawks look like proper irregular mercenary scum (see screenshots).

Since they don't like to walk, the Redhawks brought their own retextured Hunter MRAPs and CH 49 Helicopters.

More vehicles might be added in the future.

• This addon is essential for running my upcoming "Dogs Of War" campaign.
  • Feel free to report any bugs you might stumble upon. I will fix them ASAP. (If I can, that is)
  • This addon will receive more love as I go ahead with the campaign. Expect more content.
  • The addon is now in/past 1.0. Although I basically consider it finished, I will add more content and fix all the bugs you happen to stumble across

Requirements:

Toadie's small arms and animations (all of 'em)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172850-Toadie-s-SmallArms-and-Animations-for-Arma3

Credits:

Toadie..............................................His awesome weapon packs

Robert Hammer.................................His spectacular handgun pack

Zeealex............................................Her kickass F3MALE ladies

Pettka & Ante.....................................Random Scripts

NorX Aengell .....................................Beta Testing and constructive criticism

If I forgot to mention you, I'm sorry - please PM me. You will be added.

Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7q471417gv7cytk/zir_redhawk_mercs.pbo?dl=0

ZiR's Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999877072/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

Screenshots:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532892975333846051/17D16B618DF5A24F6DCB4F0769DF450D468E3DBC/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532892975333847241/3D6E4A4E47D6FA9EA1844B6A5C660962D5C941A8/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532892975333847868/E0296362AA102DC7A6DF4D77B8B351417805EE01/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532892975333849663/432267110E18A23FE920FB258AB9498C495A2982/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532892975333850610/7477AA0A06195B76D144BE25EBC6D34E2C49AA3F/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532892975333851125/58A83BAE638593923D221F6171CB74595DF9EF92/

Changelog:

Version 1.1

Changed: The 'hawks now use Toadie's weapons and RH's berettas

Changed: Minor changes in randomization

Added: F3male redhawks available (female model/anims courtesy of ZeeAlex)

Edited by ZiR
Added new screenshots. Edited text.

Haven't used it but the retex looks solid, too bad it uses the sad sad massis weapons...

too bad it uses the sad sad massis weapons...

You do know its rude to bash someone's work, if you're upset that it uses his pack why don't you make your own?

I am not upset.

Also it's not rude to say I dislike massis weapons.

"why don't you make your own"

Because I do not have the abilities.

Anyway, we are all entitled to our opinions.

On a more relevant topic :)...

I do think a uniform only version of this pack would be cool, merely a suggestion.

@MikeTim

"Entitled" is certainly the correct word. If you don't have to like someone's mod, you can criticize it, but don't insult them. Especially when you contribute nothing to the community. Massi has done a billion times more for Arma 3 than you will ever do.

ZiR, it would be helpful if you released the mod in a zip file with a readme including unit and group classes etc.

Haven't used it but the retex looks solid, too bad it uses the sad sad massis weapons...

Oh look its another one of you whey don't you guys just get off everyone's dick and make your own mods if its so painful for you.

I would choose Massi's weapons over vanilla weapons anytime, so its fine with me your using his weapons :-)

Other than that your units look great, and looking forward to using them in my missions :-)

Sixt

Thanks guys.

The readme with the classnames will be included with the next update.

Until then:

Markers:

Marker_Redhawk

Units:

zir_redhawk_merc

zir_redhawk_merc_l_operative (Elite merc)

zir_redhawk_merc_l_marksman (Elite merc)

zir_redhawk_merc_officer

zir_redhawk_merc_autorifleman

zir_redhawk_merc_sniper

zir_redhawk_merc_spotter

zir_redhawk_merc_medic

zir_redhawk_merc_engineer

zir_redhawk_merc_at

zir_redhawk_merc_at_special

zir_redhawk_merc_aa_special

zir_redhawk_merc_explosives

Vehicles:

zir_redhawk_ch49

zir_oshkosh_redhawk

zir_oshkosh_redhawk_gmg

zir_oshkosh_redhawk_hmg

Uniform items:

zir_cap_redhawk

zir_beret_redhawk

zir_uniform_redhawk (Regular BluFor-style outfit)

zir_uniform_redhawk_v1 (BluFor T-shirt)

zir_uniform_redhawk_v2 (BluFor rolled-up sleeves)

zir_uniform_redhawk_v3 (Black T-shirt)

zir_uniform_redhawk_v4 (Red T-shirt)

zir_PCVest1_redhawk (Plate carrier)

zir_HVest1_redhawk (Heavy vest)

And yes, about Massi's pack.

My goal is to create something from the 90's/early 00's, so a weapon that looks like a microwave oven is simply ain't doing the job. Although I find Toadie's weaponpack more to my liking (model/texture/animation-wise), Massi deliveres exactly what the community needs: a working all-in-one pack. It includes 90% of the weapons I will ever need for my campaign so I can use them for all my units. If I would use other weapon packs but his, I would end up making people download 3-4 different addons, just to have proper weapons inside.

Edited by ZiR

And yes, about Massi's pack.

My goal is to create something from the 90's/early 00's, so a weapon that looks like a microwave oven is simply ain't doing the job. Although I find Toadie's weaponpack more to my liking (model/texture/animation-wise), Massi deliveres exactly what the community needs: a working all-in-one pack. It includes 90% of the weapons I will ever need for my campaign so I can use them for all my units. If I would use other weapon packs but his, I would end up making people download 3-4 different addons, just to have proper weapons inside.

Perhaps an optional config for using HLC weapons is a good approach for those who prefer having 3-4 mods to use it (I have over 200 so that´s not really my problem lol), thou I acknowledge PWS makes a mess when there´s optional files involved...

Anxious to play your Campaign, Zir, just love "dogs of war" stories, IndeedPete´s campaign is a great reference within this community!

cheers!

Requirements:

MAS NATO/Spetznaz Weapon Pack 1.4

Please don't do that.

Use HLC weapons instead. Please.

Edited by Dorak

Please don't do that.

Use HLC weapons instead. Please.

Alright, I can make an optional config, but you would have to download:

• All HLC Weapon packs (I think 5 Addons atm)
  • Some RPG7/RPG18/At4/Stinger addons - havn't tested any yet, but I expect that to be 3-4 Addons
  • RH Handgun pack (which is ok, as this is going to be a requirement for the campaign)
  • Probably some MP to compensate for MAS' MP5 (I could use something vanilla, but come on! They need an MP5)

Even than, I would not be able to give the 'hawks generic M4s or M16s.

Another problem is that the addon features a randomization script. I use MAS' preconfigured weapon classes with attached scopes/reflector sights, but my scripting skillz are not good enough ATM to

change the script so that takes scopes into account. That would mean that the Redhawks would be using ironsights only.

One more benefit of the HLC pack however, is that Toadie has released them on Steam, which is the best that can happen to you as a mission designer. The people playing your mission can just download everything with one klick. This is another reason why I concider changing to HLC entirely, as soon as Toadie will add more generic weapons to his pack.

-RH_M4 for the M4's and M16's.

-RH-Pistols for the the pistols.

-HLC AK Pack for an RPK, AKs

-Charborne's PKM for a PKM.

-HLC G3 pack for G3s and MP5 (yes it does have it)

-Trixie's Sniper/Marksman pack for long range weapons

-and 3-4 launcher addons.

optional config sorted. ;)

Edited by Modder

-RH_M4 for the M4's and M16's.

-RH-Pistols for the the pistols.

-HLC AK Pack for an RPK, AKs and SVD

-Charborne's PKM for a PKM.

-and 3-4 launcher addons.

Keeping things simple eh? :D

EDIT: Damn, that camo pattern looks pretty cool. Did you create it or re-use something?

Nope, that's a HK51. There's also A HK53, they look like the MP5, but they use a rifle cartridge. They were quite unsuccessful like most other short-barrel assault rifles. Same problems as the AKSU-74 and the likes.

No one uses them, so wouldn't the Redhawks. ;)

@Jona33

Thank you.

I took the pattern base from uniform pics off the internet. The colors are a different story. I needed something that would look a little evil/shady - something with the color red. The pattern shouldn't be to flashy and still work like camo. I spent an afternoon in Photoshop, comparing pixels :(. So the Hawk MedPat1994 was born.

There is also a Woodland version in the works btw. And a digital pattern for elite operatives.

Edited by ZiR

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@zir_redhawk_mercs.png

@ ZiR;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

New mod v0.1 available.

Heh, cool beans.

Thanks a ton!

sure thing, enjoy. We are currently working on selfinteraction for authors, we will get in contact you and all the other authors soon.

Good to hear some custom configs were released, I really like the uniforms.

Lol like 30 people raged cause I said one thing :p

(FYI to anyone who was pissed at me, I meant "sad" as in lost potential, massi added a lot of great stuff to the game, I just couldn't handle the 300 variants in vas lol)

Good work on these uniforms, I hope if you release any others in the future I am sure I would likely use them.

Also good job sorting out those custom configs so quickly

Even if you make an optional config for the whiners, Massi's pack will be necessary for the launchers. The current standalone RPG7 reportedly has crashing issues. I wouldn't bother, let them sort it out themselves. If people can't mod they have no right to demand anything. Make the mod to your own satisfaction.

I meant "sad" as in lost potential, massi added a lot of great stuff to the game, I just couldn't handle the 300 variants in vas lol
Nice backtracking, but we can see your other insulting posts.

EricJ weapons pack already have a working RPG-7, disposable AT-4, M-32 and even breaching changes... and EricJ is planning on going full steam on steamworkshop (pun intended)

It has SCARs, HK416/7, IARs (but your unit timeframe may not fit those, right?), sniper rifles, etc, I think you should consider it as a potencial dependancy - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170181-EricJ-Release-thread

Caf aggressors has a rpg, it works, but not sure it's a very good idea to use that as a requirement...

Anyway I'm sure a suitable rpg addon can be found, I though slats addon wee not updated for bootcamp, not sure tho

Sti launchers was pretty good, not sure if it had rpg (think it did) but I never liked the at4

Lol I express my opinion too much :cool:

Edited by MikeTim

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Looks cool, we can always use some more shady and reckless mercs in A3.^^

Will you be releasing a version that uses Robert Hammer's M4's and Toadies AK's. They are so much high quality than Massi's stuff!!!1