Sign in to follow this  
WhoCares

Random crashes + speech problems

Got Oprah this afternoon and like it very much as well. (Already finished the campaign once biggrin.gif )

However, I have the sound problem described above too. Just downloading latest drivers for my SBLive Player 5.1. I don't use EAX/Hardware acceleration.

Further specs:

AMD TBird 900MHz, 512MB SD, GF2GTS 32MB, MSI MoBo with via chipset.

Drivers for grafic and Mobo updated last week.

btw: according to the forum rules this should be moved to Troubleshouting, aehm, shooting...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ June 28 2002,22:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Got Oprah this afternoon and like it very much as well. (Already finished the campaign once biggrin.gif )

However, I have the sound problem described above too. Just downloading latest drivers for my SBLive Player 5.1. I don't use EAX/Hardware acceleration.

Further specs:

AMD TBird 900MHz, 512MB SD, GF2GTS 32MB, MSI MoBo with via chipset.

Drivers for grafic and Mobo updated last week.

btw: according to the forum rules this should be moved to Troubleshouting, aehm, shooting...<span id='postcolor'>

Yup i have the same problem as you. It repeats the speach

sad.gif. Ive download the new drviers i will see if it fix the problem

Its driving me insane... that sence were the partisan commanders are together... 6 men saying half a sentance and repeating it over and over... its infuriating... *goes off to find some valium*

Got pretty serious problems with Resistance here. Original OFP and Red Hammer work fine, Resistance is one big headache. Took hours just to get past the intro to the campaign without it crashing.

Issues: Sound problems, random freezes, random crashes, memory-map errors from Resistance if I run something before I run Resistance, even though theres 500mb of memory free!??!

Looking forward to a patch confused.gif

Ive got the same problem aswell sad.gif

Im on the first level. I gave up after goin to the fuel station and listening to 2 people on the radio, the worker and the music track all repeating half sentences over and over again. I drove into the sea and kill myself sad.gif This really need to be sorted becuase theres no way Im playing anymore of the campaign until it is as it ruins the atmosphere

glad to see im not the only one with these problems...anyone got any idea how to fix it yet? better still is SUMA or one of the team around?

great game...it just crashes all the time sad.gif

Haven't had the speech problem (yet) but I'm getting screen freezes and also sometimes the screen just goes black like the monitor was turned off. I am running at 85Hz which is well within stated limits. My system:

AMD XP 1800+

512MB DDR RAM

Geforce 3 with latest Nvidia 29.42 drivers

I never had crashes with any of the old versions of OFP except v1.0 when it was first released. My system is very stable as a whole but not with Resistance.

Im not having any probs with sound at all, its fine. However, I AM having a huge number of crashes to the desktop.

WinME

PIII 1Gig

512Mb SDRAM

Voodoo3

SBLive! Value (LiveWare3 Driver)

BAM.

Sorry, just got time to watch the intro movie of

the campaign (took 2 coffeas for me) lol

haven't got time left to run into a repeating speech

bug yet.

~S~ CD

ok, just a thought, is anyone else getting the crash when you click on campaign? thats the one i get most...damn sad.gif

Yeah ! Got massive Problems too! Everytime i click on "create multiplayer game" or when i choose the new Island in mission editor it crashes me back to desktop without any message ...

My specs :

OFP version 1.46 and multiplayer tests installed

OFP Resistance installed.

Win XP

Int. PIII 850

512 MB Ram

G-Force 2MX

Will try to install everything new ... will see if this helps ...

But according to the "what to do before installing resistance" i don't have much hope ...

I think the problem is with intergated sound cards... but then again I'm not sure =/ VIA AC'97 seems the common thread... this never happened with 1.46 or 1.6...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JZ_UK @ June 29 2002,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the problem is with intergated sound cards... but then again I'm not sure =/ VIA AC'97 seems the common thread... this never happened with 1.46 or 1.6...<span id='postcolor'>

Got the Via onboard sound (Via 8233 AC'97) and no problems. Maybe you should get the latest Via 4in1 drivers and update your bios?

I never ever had any problems with my AC97 on-board sound card or with my VIA chipset, that I know of. I do have the rare crash, but I suspect that's probably a heat issue.

As I understand it, those VIA 4-in-1 drivers are primarily meant for older VIA chipsets. Mine's about a year old now.

I had the repeating speech problem, and I have VIA AC97 onboard sound. I downloaded the latest drivers (not the 4in1 or BIOS, but the AC97 drivers, find them at www.viatech.com under audio I think) and now everything is fantastic again.

And I just noticed the sun glinting off the water on Malden, cool!

Teeps

ditto, i got 1024 live, but its the crashes i suffer from worse...

might as well post my specs while im here

XP Pro

AMD Athlon 1.2

Kyro 2 4500

256mb RAM

DX 8.1

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NoCarrier @ June 29 2002,18:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As I understand it, those VIA 4-in-1 drivers are primarily meant for older VIA chipsets. Mine's about a year old now.<span id='postcolor'>

There are also versions for newer boards. I got a Gigabyte GA-7VTXE (KT266A chipset), bought it last autnum. There have been several new versions of the 4in1 and the audio drivers since then and also several bios updates. Maybe you should check the web page of your mainboard manufacturer and see of there are updates? I won't guarantee that this will solve your problem, but it might.

Soundbug-Killer >>Mehrpack<<<

Hi, many people in Germany have the same speech problem. One Guy called "Mehrpack" said that reducing the Hardware acceleration a little bit at Start/Settings/System/Perfomance/Graphik solved the repeat speech problem. It was solved at a Win98 System.

http://www.k-foren.de/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=43

I noticed that those who encountered random crashes are the one who's using the pirated version. Apparently the executable wasn't cracked properly so you'll encounter random crashes. It's a fix for those who's using it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (strikeuk @ June 30 2002,14:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I noticed that those who encountered random crashes are the one who's using the pirated version. Apparently the executable wasn't cracked properly so you'll encounter random crashes. It's a fix for those who's using it.<span id='postcolor'>

Sick 'im, boys! mad.gif