Sign in to follow this  
Smoerble

COOP 4 - Beginner mission (3 objectives)

Bombrats%20Mission%201%20Briefing%201%201024x512.jpg?_subject_uid=330118913&w=AAAIBUW3YGcZWm-YYRtWLNXSiAVLZjiJaLoF38iuzyY9wg

Scenario description:

Beginner mission for 4 co-op players. Perfect for beginners, as the objectives start very easy but become stronger. Additionally players start with very limited resources but will get better weapons after a few minutes.

This is NOT a stealth mission.

I'd be glad to hear any any feedback, thank you.

Third Party Scripts:

- none

Special Thanks:

- Riouken for his ammo crate refill script (had to modify it though ;)).

Change Log:

10.09.2014:

+ Localization for DE + EN.

+ New objective: after AA tanks have been destroyed, you have to escape.

+ Thanks @ Alwarren + Brainbug

09.09.2014:

+ Changed objective 2: enemies are easier to find

+ added detailed mission briefing

+ deleted two minor bugs

07.09.2014:

+ Players now start with a map.

+ Ammo crate at objective 1 now contains rifles with Holo sight.

+ Ammo crates now contain Backpacks.

25.08.2014:

+ Players now start with PDW2000 (silenced).

22.08.2014:

+ released v1

Download

COOP for 1-4 players:

DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap3cfxlo5sp1ico/BombRats-Coop4-Mission1.Stratis.pbo

Armaholic mirror: Bomb Rats Co-04

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=304032014

---- Spoiler ---- not read this, it might ruin some of the fun ----

The purpose of this scenario is, to give people a good feeling by completing mission objectives. But on the same time, things get harder from task to task. The balance is for beginners, experienced players should be able to do this mission in about an hour.

Details:

1) When players complete objective #1, they find rifles, enough to get to objective #2, but the team is not overpowered.

2) When they complete objective #2, players gain access to more loadouts and can spawn directly in the outpost. Additionally there are more and beter weapons available now plus a tank and a MRAP.

3) Vehicle respawn: friendly cars/tanks respawn, but the helicopter is available only once (otherwise the mission is too easy).

4) The last part looks more difficult than it actually is.

Bombrats-Coop-4-Mission-1-Screenshot-1-500x250.jpg

Edited by Smoerble

Thanks! Looks good and will be hosted on the CiA coop server.

hmm, I think something is not right here. I tried to play this as SP (which usually works for a lot of MP missions, only sometimes a few scripts are bugged), but I get some error messages (something with "world"), and after only 1 or 2 seconds in game, the game crashes to desktop. When I tried to host it as a LAN game, it won't even list the file (despite I moved it into the mpmissions folder of course). I played without any addons, on dev build.

hmm, I think something is not right here. I tried to play this as SP (which usually works for a lot of MP missions, only sometimes a few scripts are bugged), but I get some error messages (something with "world"), and after only 1 or 2 seconds in game, the game crashes to desktop. When I tried to host it as a LAN game, it won't even list the file (despite I moved it into the mpmissions folder of course). I played without any addons, on dev build.

@Brainbug: thasnks for the message, but I coudn't reproduce this error.

The map should be listed under Scenarios -> Stratis.

Can we chat in Steam maybe to verify if I need to change anything?

Thank you

Smo

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

I released a slightly updated version, currently available only via Dropbox, Steam will be updated in the next few hours.

I don't think I can be of much help, as I didn't find any error message, and I doubt a crash dump is of much help to you either. Well if it just crashes on my computer then the error is probably on my end, so I guess you have to wait for someone else to report either a similar or contrary experience. That is, if you don't happen to come across an obvious code error.

Changed on 07.09.2014:

+ Players now start with a map.

+ Ammo crate at objective 1 now contains rifles with Holo sight.

+ Ammo crates now contain Backpacks.

This time the mission works without crashing. I don't know what has changed (maybe it was something in the mission, or maybe it was in the dev build), but I'm glad that error is gone.:ok:

I still got an error message, but that is a merely cosmetical issue: You need to write "[this] ordergetin true;", not "this ordergetin true", as the command wants an array. Occurs twice in the mission.sqm, lines 786 and 2248. But I think this might not be needed anyway, the soldiers assume their positions anyway.

Otherwise no flaws found, maybe the end trigger could be changed. The mission ends instantly when the third task is done, but at that time one could be right in the middle of a firefight, and ending the mission here is quite unimmersive. Maybe people also want to keep playing and deal with the tanks and the infantry. So I'd rather place an "endzone" where the player(s) have to move into to end the mission, somewhere safely behind a hill.

Edited by Brainbug

This time the mission works without crashing. I don't know what has changed (maybe it was something in the mission, or maybe it was in the dev build), but I'm glad that error is gone.:ok:

I still got an error message, but that is a merely cosmetical issue: You need to write "[this] ordergetin true;", not "this ordergetin true", as the command wants an array. Occurs twice in the mission.sqm, lines 786 and 2248. But I think this might not be needed anyway, the soldiers assume their positions anyway.

Otherwise no flaws found, maybe the end trigger could be changed. The mission ends instantly when the third task is done, but at that time one could be right in the middle of a firefight, and ending the mission here is quite unimmersive. Maybe people also want to keep playing and deal with the tanks and the infantry. So I'd rather place an "endzone" where the player(s) have to move into to end the mission, somewhere safely behind a hill.

Hi Brainbug,

thanks a lot for the feedback.

Ok, I will fix the bug and change the end... do you have a tutorial how to enable a task in multiplay/Coop , when another task is completed?

09.09.2014:

+ Changed objective 2: enemies are easier to find

+ added detailed mission briefing

+ deleted two minor bugs

@Brainbug:

Didn't had enough time tonight to work on the mission ending too, but it's on my ToDo list.

10.09.2014:

+ Localization for DE + EN.

+ New objective: after AA tanks have been destroyed, you have to escape.

+ Thanks @ Alwarren + Brainbug