Sign in to follow this  
cougarxr7

game server desync after update!

My game updated yesterday so I updated my game server.

Since then my game server has very bad desync, yellow and red chains!

We have not had any problems like this before!

Has anyone had any of the same problems?

Tried a bunch of different maps, same results!

My Wasteland server is also having an extreme amount of Desync after the 1.26 update. There was no desync prior to the update and I have tried pretty much everything to fix it and nothing has worked.

- I have restarted the server dozens of times

- I have installed a vanilla unedited mission on the server

- I have re-installed a not vanilla editing mission on the server and then un-installed it again just to test to see if it really is the problem

- I have had my server hosting move my server to faster machine

- I have wiped the server and re-installed everything

Alas none of these things have worked, and Desync is up near 100k+ for some players. It is ridiculous and unplayable.

It's a known issue with BIS they are testing fixes for it now in 1.27

Then we'll have to wait until version 1.27 to fix this?

A if it is unplayable

Sorry bad english

SavageCDN thanks for letting us know.

But, how can it already be a known issue, steam just updated my game yesterday.

The only post I've read about desync is last years.

Are there other post?

Until the next update, can we uninstall this update?

I say this based on discussion in the Skype Dedicated server channel earlier today...multiple server admins are saying there is bad de-sync. BIS is aware of the desync problem and says they are fixing ... dunno if that will be a hotfix release or what so don't quote me on the version (1.27).. but there is a performance binary already out that supposedly includes this fix. If you want more info I recommend joining the Arma 3 Dedicated server (public) channel.

windows & linux 1.26 PERF/PROF v1, needs both client & server binaries (sadly stable binary isn't compliant due to desync fixes)

for testing one CHIMERA is up, 1.26 PROFv1 server : 37.187.132.224:2802

needs 1.26 perf1 client (stable client will fail/do weird stuff/kicked)

* this build is testing MP fixes, optimizations and shall slay the desync (bug), v1.27 fixes included

Is everyone showing 100,000 Desync? if so add the following to your CFG file.

guaranteedupdates=false;

this disables the optimization of sending the guaranteed messages only on 'state' change

Posted in the server admin forums

The guaranteedupdates=false; script in the server.cfg file has already proven not to work. If you run a dedicated box with full control I suppose it would be possible to revert the update however all the people who play in your server would also have to revert the update client side. If you run a single gaming server through hosting then you are likely SOL until the next update. In my case this really sucks considering my Altis Wasteland server has been one of the most popular for several months, now it is all gone. Everyone has migrated to our Stratis Wasteland but still.

The guaranteedupdates=false; script in the server.cfg file has already proven not to work. .

For what server, what missions, what player count?

Works for us, coop 30-40 players patrol ops

So how do we uninstall the last update, server and client?

You can only do that if you created a backup of the install prior to patching, there is no roll back option

For what server, what missions, what player count?

Works for us, coop 30-40 players patrol ops

I am running A3Wasteland on a 75 player slot server from NFO. It does not work.

ok, we really have no control over arma concerning updates now with steam.

"I vote for an update option on steam!"

Something like start arma, and steam launcher opens with dialog;

"There is a new update for Arma 3, would you like to update now, check box yes or no!" or

"Check box for auto updates or leave box unchecked for no auto updates!"

Wow that would be I believe easy for steam to do.

Instead of forcing us to have to update!

We noticed the same problem on our servers over at The Medic Station. It didn't start right away and we thought at first it was because one of our guys has a "slower" connection and I'm sitting almost on top of the server but I see now that is not the case. Something like this should have been caught by someone before it made it's way into the mainstream. Our hope is they have a hotfix by mid-week and they should or they should "undo" the update through Steam. If it becomes unbearable tonight we will try the "guaranteedupdates=false;" on one of our servers to see if that helps. If anyone else has any suggestions we would be interested in trying them. We have full physical and remote access to our servers.

Edited by =MS=PFC Lancer

I know this does not help everyone.

"guaranteedupdates=false;" < worked on my server, no desync!

Updates need to be optional or handled differently!

Anyone interested my server is Ultimate Combat.

I use teamspeak 2. Why 2 instead of 3 you ask, because 2 is not as complicate as 3 is.

Plus it is not a memory hog!

Teamspeak 2 address: 74.130.255.217:8767

password is: cats

Edited by Cougarxr7

I think "guaranteedupdates=false;" will only work if you are using an un-managed full box server. My server is a managed single game server. NFO (the hosting company) automatically does the updates every time regardless. Also I personally highly doubt that a "hotfix" or anything like that will be released by midweek. If BIS' history of fixing problems that the community reports has any indication as to what will happen, this likely will not be fixed for a couple months.

Edited by DirtyLiberal

This desync issue happens even on local LAN with just me playing. Running client + server.