Sign in to follow this  
Smoerble

Issue since update v1.26.

Hi all,

since the last update, i have two issues:

1) I cannot launch the game in windowed mode anymore, except I start it with the launcher. Any way to start it with paramters? Anyone has a list of possible parameters plz? (nosplash etc would be kind).

2) Everytime I start the game, it starts an installing process again, but there is no new update between two starts. Is this a known issue or a local problem?

Thanks!

There's a comprehensive list of startup parameters here.

As for the second problem, no idea. Btw. thread moved to troubleshooting.

Thank you.

But somehow ArmA 3 ignores the startup params, maybe because it always wants to install an update :(.

Thank you.

But somehow ArmA 3 ignores the startup params, maybe because it always wants to install an update :(.

How are you starting the game, when not starting it with the launcher? If you create a desktop shortcut directly to the Arma3 executable, you can put startup params in there and they will work.

I'm having issues regarding the new updates. As of some time this week, multiplayer servers have been showing a red cross next to them indicating I cannot join. The description of the server says, Required: 1.26, and I only have 1.24. The game does not update automatically although it is set to do so. I went to the local files section of Steam and clicked on "Verify integrity of game cache" and came up with 195 files that were damaged/missing. Upon completion of the scan, there was a queue next to the Arma 3 name in Steam indicating a download will be in progress, however, the download never begins. There is always a popup saying "An error occurred while updating Arma 3 (connection time out)", regardless of when I try to update.

I have switched from "Opt out of Beta programs" as well as "Development build" and in each case, a download of roughly 7.7 GB is pending but never initiates.

Any thoughts?

For your second problem, does it say: Installing microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 .cmd ?

I got this problem after the update. I fixed it by going to my steam folder, searched for installscript.vdf and deleted those files that showed up.

I removed the install script files and restarted Steam, and it began to download but quickly stopped and gave me the same error. I checked the cache again and there were 200 instead of 195 that needed to be re-acquired, but nothing could be done about it...

There seems to be some issue with the Steam interface, we had similar in our offices and it seems like the only solution is re-installing the game :icon_evil:

Just a suggestion, but since I had a similar experience installing the expansions for OA might I suggest running steam as administrator. I experienced a similar issue when steam attempted to install expansions on my machine and it solved the issue when I ran it as admin. Good luck.

Cheers :D

I experienced the same issues with v1.26 and v1.28, updates were simply not downloading anymore. Here's how I solved it without having to redownload the entire game:

1. Exit Steam
  2. Open the SteamApps\common folder where Arma 3 is installed (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common)
  3. Rename the Arma 3 folder to something else, let's say "Arma 3 backup"
  4. Open Steam
  5. Make sure a second time that the renamed folder is truly the one that contains the game
  6. Right-click Arma 3, select Delete Local Content, and press Delete
  7. Once the game shows as Not Installed, exit Steam
  8. Go back in SteamApps\common, and rename the previous folder back to "Arma 3"
  9. Open Steam
  10. Install Arma 3 under the same location containing your previous Arma 3 install (for the above example, that would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam)
  11. Notice that the installation should undergo a "Discovering existing files" step at some point
  12. Once the installation reaches "Steam is now downloading Arma 3", press Finish
  13. The download size will probably still be huge, like 7.7 GB for LostLeviathan above, since Steam has already deleted long ago the files it has judged as out-of-date
  14. Once Arma 3 is ready to play, normally you should be able to hop on servers with the latest version, and the game should now receive further updates as normal :)
  15. If it didn't work, then try restarting Steam again and do Verify Integrity of Game Cache
  16. If the previous step didn't work then try to do the whole thing again
  17. If the previous step didn't work again, then I'm afraid you might have to flush the Steam config as explained here, and do the whole thing again
  18. If none of the above has worked, then now you might have to consider reinstalling the whole game...

Edited by AgentRev