Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Oh golly gosh, I am so excited, I think I just peed a little bit !

Thanks very much for all the hard work.

Cant wait to get this on our server.

My group only have one little issue with ACRE and it is probably user error :P The thing is that if player 1 speaks and player 2 recives its all ok but if p1 speaks and p2 recives and starts to talk 1 second before p1 is done talking everything p2 says is lost. Maby it is ment to be like that i dont know, i just notice when we use other radio programs it wil just cut out that 1 second then player 2 will be able to talk and everyone will hear it.

Updated normal version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Updated Omnibus Edition version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Updated mod v2.1.0.750 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v2.1.0.750 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

My group only have one little issue with ACRE and it is probably user error :P The thing is that if player 1 speaks and player 2 recives its all ok but if p1 speaks and p2 recives and starts to talk 1 second before p1 is done talking everything p2 says is lost. Maby it is ment to be like that i dont know, i just notice when we use other radio programs it wil just cut out that 1 second then player 2 will be able to talk and everyone will hear it.

The term is Duplex Ability and more details are written here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotelephone

As the majority of all military radios don't have a Full-Duplex mode, this is simulated in ACRE2 as well.

If you want to enable Full Duplex, you can simply setup your mission with:

[true] call acre_api_fnc_setFullDuplex;

Further information can be retrieved from our API documentation: http://acre.idi-systems.com/api/api_general.html#acre_api_fnc_setFullDuplex

The term is Duplex Ability and more details are written here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotelephone

As the majority of all military radios don't have a Full-Duplex mode, this is simulated in ACRE2 as well.

If you want to enable Full Duplex, you can simply setup your mission with:

[true] call acre_api_fnc_setFullDuplex;

Further information can be retrieved from our API documentation: http://acre.idi-systems.com/api/api_general.html#acre_api_fnc_setFullDuplex

Thank you works like a charm!

Nothing in his text indicates he expects full duplex.

It does solve his problem, and there is a user error involved (in half duplex usage), but it sounds like there's a bug in there too.

The timeline:

T0 - P1 starts TX

T1 - P2 starts TX

T2 - P1 stops TX

At this point P1 should be able to RX P2. His post indicates this does not happen.

T1 should not happen before T2 in proper half-duplex use, so this is a typical did-not-test-this bug triggered by user error.

Nothing in his text indicates he expects full duplex.

It does solve his problem, and there is a user error involved (in half duplex usage), but it sounds like there's a bug in there too.

The timeline:

T0 - P1 starts TX

T1 - P2 starts TX

T2 - P1 stops TX

At this point P1 should be able to RX P2. His post indicates this does not happen.

T1 should not happen before T2 in proper half-duplex use, so this is a typical did-not-test-this bug triggered by user error.

With the full duplex we can all talk all the time witch fixes the problem but makes a new one :P and that is people talking over each other. I guess what we want is halfduplex, say i want to talk to MaHuJa i press ptt speak and he recives, 10 seconds before im done talking, soldia uses the radio to contact me this means i wont hear what hes saying seense im talking to MaHuJa but when i release the ptt button i really want to hear soldia even if it is mid sentence. This did not happen, what soldia said would be lost and he would have to press ptt after i had released my ptt for me to hear him.

Love the new radios and cant wait for the new 148 model/render, I was wondering if it was possible or in future plans to add backlight to the radios as they seem to be missing that? Thanks.

With the full duplex we can all talk all the time witch fixes the problem but makes a new one :P and that is people talking over each other. I guess what we want is halfduplex, say i want to talk to MaHuJa i press ptt speak and he recives, 10 seconds before im done talking, soldia uses the radio to contact me this means i wont hear what hes saying seense im talking to MaHuJa but when i release the ptt button i really want to hear soldia even if it is mid sentence. This did not happen, what soldia said would be lost and he would have to press ptt after i had released my ptt for me to hear him.

This is operating as intended with squelch nets which we have enabled by default; the radio will not pick up a transmission when you switch nets Additionally, it wont actively key a active squelch when you are already getting a transmission. I'll look into it to speed this process up for this use case and maybe work around it a bit. Also - it appears your looking to disable interference, then, instead of duplex.

[false] call acre_api_fnc_setInterference;

This will disable the affect other transmitters have on your radio signal, thus making multiple speakers on a net not interfere with eachothers transmissions at all.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Love the new radios and cant wait for the new 148 model/render, I was wondering if it was possible or in future plans to add backlight to the radios as they seem to be missing that? Thanks.

We are experimenting with it; we are still only doing 2D dialogs so we are looking into methods to make that dynamic and still match our standard of quality.

Edited by jaynus

Fantastic update, is there anyway I can callExtension to the ACRE pipe to see if its connected to TS3? Did a search through the thread via keywords and found nothing similar. Would be a benefit for those trying to force ACRE on public servers.

Fantastic update, is there anyway I can callExtension to the ACRE pipe to see if its connected to TS3? Did a search through the thread via keywords and found nothing similar. Would be a benefit for those trying to force ACRE on public servers.

We have unexposed internal functionality we have used for testing for this.

[] call acre_sys_debug_fnc_checkPipes;

Returns [true, false]

Values are: [TS3 Pipe Connected, JVON Pipe Connected] both are boolean true/false

We have unexposed internal functionality we have used for testing for this.

[] call acre_sys_debug_fnc_checkPipes;

Returns [true, false]

Values are: [TS3 Pipe Connected, JVON Pipe Connected] both are boolean true/false

You are the man.

Or if you need even more info, add a

-console 

to your TS3 Shortcut.

For some reason, running ACRE on our server stops anyone being able to connect. Any ideas?

For some reason, running ACRE on our server stops anyone being able to connect. Any ideas?

Test disabling key signing. If it works, check your keys and key load order and bisign's client side.

It seems the AI do NOT hear us on our first test.

do we need to enable something ?

this is what we are testing script wise :-

//--- check for acre mod on Client
acre_enabled = isClass(configFile/"CfgPatches"/"acre_main");

//--- acre setRevealToAI
if (acre_enabled) then {
   _status = [true] call acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI;
   systemChat format ["Acre reveal to AI: %1", _status];
   diag_log format ["Acre reveal to AI: %1", _status];
};

so far systemchat and server rpt report that the function returns false

Edited by BL1P

It seems the AI do NOT hear us on our first test.

do we need to enable something ?

this is what we are testing script wise :-

//--- check for acre mod on Client
acre_enabled = isClass(configFile/"CfgPatches"/"acre_main");

//--- acre setRevealToAI
if (acre_enabled) then {
   systemChat format ["Acre reveal to AI: %1", _status];
   diag_log format ["Acre reveal to AI: %1", _status];
};

so far systemchat and server rpt report that the function returns false

AI revealing is enabled by default; that functions return value is udefined (its a setter, not a getter).

AI revealing is enabled by default; that functions return value is udefined (its a setter, not a getter).

Default does not work.

We set it, that does not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated as we are trying but failing to get this working !

Also thanks very much for the reply !!!

Default does not work.

We set it, that does not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated as we are trying but failing to get this working !

Also thanks very much for the reply !!!

What do you mean, it "does not work" ? How are you testing? What do you mean? How is it exhibited? Where are you seeing it? Are you expecting AI to shoot at you instantly when they hear you? If so, that is not the case.

Current ACRE weighted Reveal

private["_distance", "_rand", "_curChance", "_finalChance", "_curWeight"];
		// Scale revealing to be a better and better chance over time
		// and based on distance
		_distance = _curUnit distance player;
		_curWeight = _curUnit getVariable[QGVAR(speakingReveal), 0];

_rand = floor(random (_distance ) ) * 0.1;
		_chance = 1.0 / sqrt ((_distance - 0.001) ^ 3);
		_finalChance = _chance - (_curWeight * 0.025);

TRACE_6("", _curUnit, _distance, _rand, _chance, _finalChance, _curWeight);
		if(_rand > _finalChance) then {
			TRACE_2("REVEAL!", _curUnit, player);
			_hasRevealed = _curUnit getVariable[QGVAR(hasRevealed), false];
			if(!_hasRevealed) then {
				_curUnit setVariable[QGVAR(hasRevealed), true, false];
				["acre_onRevealUnit", [player, _curUnit, [_finalChance, _chance], ACRE_REVEAL_AMOUNT ] ] call CALLSTACK(LIB_fnc_globalEvent);
			};
		};
		_curUnit setVariable[QGVAR(speakingReveal), _chance, false];

we strictly incrementally make them "aware" of a presence and then of the specific persons presence in a weighted method. We never set a full reveal 4; additionally, occlusion occurs for the hearing so obstructions will prevent this.

What do you mean, it "does not work" ? How are you testing? What do you mean? How is it exhibited? Where are you seeing it? Are you expecting AI to shoot at you instantly when they hear you? If so, that is not the case.

Current ACRE weighted Reveal

private["_distance", "_rand", "_curChance", "_finalChance", "_curWeight"];
		// Scale revealing to be a better and better chance over time
		// and based on distance
		_distance = _curUnit distance player;
		_curWeight = _curUnit getVariable[QGVAR(speakingReveal), 0];

_rand = floor(random (_distance ) ) * 0.1;
		_chance = 1.0 / sqrt ((_distance - 0.001) ^ 3);
		_finalChance = _chance - (_curWeight * 0.025);

TRACE_6("", _curUnit, _distance, _rand, _chance, _finalChance, _curWeight);
		if(_rand > _finalChance) then {
			TRACE_2("REVEAL!", _curUnit, player);
			_hasRevealed = _curUnit getVariable[QGVAR(hasRevealed), false];
			if(!_hasRevealed) then {
				_curUnit setVariable[QGVAR(hasRevealed), true, false];
				["acre_onRevealUnit", [player, _curUnit, [_finalChance, _chance], ACRE_REVEAL_AMOUNT ] ] call CALLSTACK(LIB_fnc_globalEvent);
			};
		};
		_curUnit setVariable[QGVAR(speakingReveal), _chance, false];

we strictly incrementally make them "aware" of a presence and then of the specific persons presence in a weighted method. We never set a full reveal 4; additionally, occlusion occurs for the hearing so obstructions will prevent this.

Hi jaynus,

I was helping BL1P test this.

We basically had an empty mission with 2 east AI soldiers behind a wall and about 4 players on the other side of that wall.

After chatting over direct speech for a couple of minutes the AI still hadn't moved or changed from unaware state.

We then proceeded to add the acre api function to the init.sqf of the mission like BL1P already mentioned.

The result was the same.

In the test missions included in this ACRE release we noticed an ACRE module called "Difficulty Settings" placed in the editor.

After adding this module to the mission we had similar results.

We then added all 3 possible ACRE modules to the mission and received a script error caused by the "Name Channels" module:

23:02:32 Error in expression <t _exception; assert(exception=="");
};
_val
};

acre_lib_fnc_hashHasKey = {

pr>
23:02:32   Error position: <_val
};

acre_lib_fnc_hashHasKey = {

pr>
23:02:32   Error Undefined variable in expression: _val
23:02:32 File idi\clients\global\addons\game\XEH_pre_init.sqf, line 108

q1 : How are you testing?

q2 : What do you mean?

q3 : How is it exhibited?

a1 : On a Dedi server using various mission examples with scripted and none scripted AI. with various examples of acre modules and none module missions.

a2 : No matter how much we talk the AI do not change from unaware

a3 : I do not know what else to say other than the AI do not alter their awareness from unaware.

no matter how much we talk near them. (near = <1m behind a wall).

Amendm : In a1 i mention scripted AI, In that example i mean Ai created via script and using scripts, whereas none scripted refers to AI added via editor with no init commands.

Edited by BL1P

I was running some tests with some guys in my group and we could not turn off babel via the ACRE module. Regardless of being set to "No Babel", "Per Side", or "Per Side/Common" blufor and opfor were using different languages. The only way to disable babel was to remove the ACRE module.

Edited by Bertram

Great mod, but something seems to have broken in this latest version for me. I no longer have any controls showing up under "Configure Addons" in Configure>Controls in both the main menu and the pause menu. There is still the "Acre 2" title in the dropdown menu, but no keybindings are listed. In game, I still have a radio and can connect to teamspeak, as well as hear other players through the radio, but when I press capslock the transmitting icon appears, but transmitting does not stay on (despite holding the PTT key).

If I click Cancel instead of OK in the Configure Addons menu and then re-enter the menu, ACRE 2 is no longer listed, and pressing capslock after this engages the normal Arma "Group Chat" function. Any help is appreciated, and I'm happy to provide more info. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this :p