Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Getting a lot of RPT spam in the latest release, also had a script error pop up.

15:29:36 Error in expression <t 0;
_newSignal = _newSignal*(1-(_signal/_newSignal));
if(_newSignal <= 0) exitW>
15:29:36   Error position: </_newSignal));
if(_newSignal <= 0) exitW>
15:29:36   Error Zero divisor
15:29:36 File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_prc343\radio\fnc_handleMultipleTransmissions.sqf, line 182

This appeared when someone spoke on a 343 outside of optimal range but still audible. I'm pretty sure it transmitted without issue but unsure.

The spam I was getting was

15:29:38 Attempt to override final function - acre_radiospeakingfunction

This was near constant, no mods or mission were attempting to override this function

When you say latest release do you mean .763 or .811? Because those are worlds apart.

Not sure if this is possible from a technical standpoint but what about the ability, via optional module, to make direct and radio speech incomprehensible from faction to faction. i.e. an INDEP player can still hear an OPFOR player speaking but they cannot understand what is being said. Additionally, add an option to make specific players/slots capable of understanding two, three or four factions (BLU, RED, IND and CIV) so they can serve as interpreters.

Isn't this the Babel functionality?

Babel language system that allows you to implement virtual languages on other players.

sagjangi, This is already possible via the Babel feature.

Kerc Kasha, try reproducing in .811.

Isn't this the Babel functionality?

I've been out of the loop for a few months. Just brain storming. And here I was thinkin' I had an original thought. Dammit!

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

And here I was thinkin' I had an original thought. Dammit!

Haha, well it does make me feel good that other people are coming up with awesome ideas and then they find it's already implemented! So thanks! :D

@Tester Communities:

It isn't a Release Candidate and therefore not in the OP, but please use the latest version of ACRE2 for your tests, which would be .811: Download

We've hunted several bugs between RC6 and .811, some of them are:

• Obsolete functions have been replaced correctly
  • Changing Volume on 152/117F doesn't produce errors on remote clients anymore
  • Detaching/Re-Attaching the PTT Handle on the 343 doesn't mute the player
  • Improved Volume-Settings (with the goal to annihilate clipping)
  • Correct handling of Spectator Function
  • Basic Mission Setup Module should initialize Babel correctly now
  • Ability to toggle Spectators in Spectator-mode (same key as toggle headset, look at your key bindings)

As always: If you find any bug, please follow this link and file an issue: ACRE2 Feedback

Haha, well it does make me feel good that other people are coming up with awesome ideas and then they find it's already implemented! So thanks! :D

Good deal.

What about a base station radio that has to be assembled and carried like a crew weapon (2+ backpacks). Could be interesting for TvTs. Maybe a SATCOM system that doesn't have terrain interference.

Closing - per request