Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

I'm still baffled by the fact that ItemRadio is required for typing in the side/group chats...what the..friggles?

Wiki confirms it but I never knew..is this since ArmA 3?

I'm still baffled by the fact that ItemRadio is required for typing in the side/group chats...what the..friggles?

Wiki confirms it but I never knew..is this since ArmA 3?

Nope, this has always been true since at least A2 (pre-OA)

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

I to have tested this with a squad of AI on one side of a hesco and not 2m away on the other side 3 guys shouting obscenity about the AI's mom for about 5 min, with no reaction at all they did not hear our chat.

Slim

Found the bug. AI Has been fixed in the latest dev build.

Nope, this has always been true since at least A2 (pre-OA)

Alright, this explains why often my debug messages done via sideChat were never appearing while Hint messages were. Life changing discovery here, haha.

Cheers.

Hi,

I'm helping a friend of mine setup our mods for Arma 3. I've helped at least a dozen people setup their mods but this one guy is having problems.

After he copies the .dll folders over to his teamspeak plugins folder, ACRE2 is listed but it is red. The description box says "Plugin failed to load: Failed to open plugin"

He has the newest version of TS (3.0.16)

He has tried older versions of TS (always got rid of all of them

He has reinstalled TS, all of his mods, and Arma 3

He has reinstalled his C++ 2010

He has replaced some missing audio.dll's (fixed a different problem)

I've been working with the guy for several hours and I've run out of ideas on what to do. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: He is running it on a very new computer and he is running windows 8.1

EDIT2: He is running 64bit windows and 64bit Teamspeak. He is using amd processor and nvidia graphics

Edited by Jufari

Yes, both are running in admin mode. Also tried running it without admin mode (saw something about an update that can cause problems if you run as admin). Neither works.

Thanks for fast response though! Any other suggestions?

@Jufari

Check hes using the correct bit version 32 or 64 (of the TS plugins)... from what google tells me, I think he may be using the wrong bit version ??

Hope this helps m8.

Lord BL1P master of fuck all.

Postscript (disambiguation).

From past experience :-

Dont listen to what he says ... make him try both versions !!!

Edited by BL1P
bla bla bla too drunk too type bla bla bla

@BL1P

He is using 64bit OS and 64bit TS

When he uses the 32bit .dll it doesn't show up in his plugins list. When he uses both .dll's or just the 64bit .dll he gets the "Plugin failed to load: Failed to open plugin" error still.

Also, again thanks for quick response! Any other ideas?

@BL1P

He is using 64bit OS and 64bit TS

When he uses the 32bit .dll it doesn't show up in his plugins list. When he uses both .dll's or just the 64bit .dll he gets the "Plugin failed to load: Failed to open plugin" error still.

Also, again thanks for quick response! Any other ideas?

No worries m8 sorry it didnt help

Ill keep thinking

you guys on a ts ?

Yeah. Although my friend is taking a break atm. I just call him back on whenever I come up with a possible fix

Edited by Jufari

yeah. Although my friend is taking a break atm. I just call him back on whenever i come up with a possible fix

understood

Found the bug. AI Has been fixed in the latest dev build.

Nice many thanks, do you know when you might be planning the next release?

My first couple of videos were kinda long and the speakers were quiet so hearing the issues was difficult. I got someone to record me because I'm loud as hell.

It might be caused by an ARMA Engine bug, but I'm not sure. I think they're trying to fix it, but if they keep failing, I would love if they just disabled the whole obstacle occlusion code until they figure how to get it to work properly. In its current state, our community is not ready to make the switch. :(

-EDIT: OK, there's a way to disable this by adding this line to the mission: ACRE_TEST_OCCLUSION = false

I'm not sure if/when the issue will be fixed, but disabling the feature entirely is a great solution.

Edited by BullHorn

Hi,

I'm helping a friend of mine setup our mods for Arma 3. I've helped at least a dozen people setup their mods but this one guy is having problems.

After he copies the .dll files over to his teamspeak plugins folder, ACRE2 is listed but it is red. The description box says "Plugin failed to load: Failed to open plugin"

He has the newest version of TS (3.0.16)

He has tried older versions of TS (always got rid of all of them

He has reinstalled TS, all of his mods, and Arma 3

He has reinstalled his C++ 2010

He has replaced some missing audio.dll's (fixed a different problem)

I've been working with the guy for several hours and I've run out of ideas on what to do. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

He is running it on a very new computer and he is running windows 8.1

He is running 64bit windows and 64bit Teamspeak.

Alright, another day another chance to get my buddy's mod working. Just quoting this so people can see on the next page what has happened so far. Additionally, we tried several fixes you guys suggested (thanks!).

We ran everything with, and without administrator mode

We made sure he was using the 64bit version of the mod (he has a 64bit OS and 64bit TS)

Any suggestions? I'm struggling to help this guy!

I couldn't find any documentation for the 343. Is there a way to set the channel frequencies on the 343? Becasue the way I see it there is no way to do it and this means that the only way for different sides to not talk on the same frequencies is to use different blocks.

I couldn't find any documentation for the 343. Is there a way to set the channel frequencies on the 343? Becasue the way I see it there is no way to do it and this means that the only way for different sides to not talk on the same frequencies is to use different blocks.

assign different presets

Simple solution:

Different presets are automatically assigned by using the Mission Setup Module. Use that and you won't be able to hear each other.

Advanced stuff:

The 343 uses fixed channel frequencies. There are a total amount of 256 channels. 16 blocks, each containing 16 channels. To totally prevent sides from hearing each other is to use the preset API command. (http://acre.idi-systems.com/api/api_general.html#acre_api_fnc_setPreset)

In fact, due to its limited range, the 343 is a very safe radio device to use in combat. If your enemy got the time to check 256 channels while you are within range, there is something going wrong ;)

Bug Report:

We have been playing with Acre 2 from the release on large scale missions with our community twice a week.

When some people talk over radio, they keep transmitting even tho they are not holding the transmit key and

the yellow black sign has disappeared in the bottom right corner. With that said, those people have no clue that

they are transmitting. I have had it myself some time and I have noticed that every time I am "hotmicing"

I don't hear the beep at the end of my transmission. This bug have been on for a couple of weeks now.

Hope this helps the mod! Feel free to ask a question if needed!

Greets,

Smith

Bug Report:

We have been playing with Acre 2 from the release on large scale missions with our community twice a week.

When some people talk over radio, they keep transmitting even tho they are not holding the transmit key and

the yellow black sign has disappeared in the bottom right corner. With that said, those people have no clue that

they are transmitting. I have had it myself some time and I have noticed that every time I am "hotmicing"

I don't hear the beep at the end of my transmission. This bug have been on for a couple of weeks now.

Hope this helps the mod! Feel free to ask a question if needed!

Greets,

Smith

i had this happen when i bound my radio ptt to modifier keys like ctrl, shift, and alt

Also wondering: AppleSapje, do those people use TS PTT or Voice Activation Detection?

i had this happen when i bound my radio ptt to modifier keys like ctrl, shift, and alt

Same with me.I have default state of keybinds because of frequent hotmic after custom keybind.

Also if you hold CAPS and go to zeus you will hotmic.I'm not hundred procent sure so someone test that.

Edited by enex

These are known CBA issues, fixed in the next upcoming version of CBA.

Do you have plans regarding underwater simulation ? Right now, playing underwater mission with ACRE2 is almost a no go because it breaks a lot the immersion to be able to talk as if we were in the air.

Something like a voice filter when underwater would be great already.

Great job on this mods guys but I am having an issue with the mod. I have it perfectly installed so it is working just fine but I am not hearing the radio clicks when sending and receiving radio transmissions over any radio. Is there a way to fix this or will I have to wait for the next update? I am also running both Arma 3 and teamspeak in admin mode.