Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

To use JVON you have to playing on a dedi right? Cant do COOP /listen server stuff?

I probably asked this 100 times but I just want to make sure

Thanks

To use JVON you have to playing on a dedi right? Cant do COOP /listen server stuff?

I probably asked this 100 times but I just want to make sure

Thanks

Correct, at the moment for it to happen automatically you need to be using a dedicated server.

You can start the JVON server manually and connect to it using the JVON GUI client though just fine.

I'd like to report that in ArmA3 clients with aspect ratios at or wider than at least 21:9, the 148 is zoomed in in such a way that the switches on the top of the radio cannot be seen or interacted with, rendering the radio less functional on any such client.

I had really big problems to figure out how to give PRC117F to my units. Reading and searching all over without any luck. But suddenly I thought that because the 117F is not a handheld radio but a portable radio usually carried in a backpack maybe I have to put it in a backpack...? YES!! That solved all my troubles.

So for you out there that haven't figured it out yet this is how I wrote in the init field:

this addBackpack "B_AssaultPack_sgg"; this addItemToBackpack "ACRE_PRC117F"; this addItem "ACRE_PRC152";

As you can see the 117F has to be added to the backpack while the 152 can be added to the unit (soldier) itself.

I had really big problems to figure out how to give PRC117F to my units. Reading and searching all over without any luck. But suddenly I thought that because the 117F is not a handheld radio but a portable radio usually carried in a backpack maybe I have to put it in a backpack...? YES!! That solved all my troubles.

So for you out there that haven't figured it out yet this is how I wrote in the init field:

this addBackpack "B_AssaultPack_sgg"; this addItemToBackpack "ACRE_PRC117F"; this addItem "ACRE_PRC152";

As you can see the 117F has to be added to the backpack while the 152 can be added to the unit (soldier) itself.

It's a capacity issue, it doesn't fit anywhere other than a backpack due to it's physical size, if you'd spawned a crate and tried to drag it in to your inventory it would have made sense pretty quickly.

I want more information about the Basic Mission Setup and how to give units radios with that module. What units gets what kind of radio?

All radios go to all players from the module, and the module initializes the basic mission parameters for ACRE (babel, radio channels, etc)

Anything more complex than that needs to be added via init lines or scripts.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

I'd like to report that in ArmA3 clients with aspect ratios at or wider than at least 21:9, the 148 is zoomed in in such a way that the switches on the top of the radio cannot be seen or interacted with, rendering the radio less functional on any such client.

We are aware; we will be adding the ability to move to window for these huge ratios. We cannot test (for obvious reasons) such gigantic aspect ratios.

Hello.

It seems in our testing that the AI do not hear you talking still.

We made no changes to our mission we just ran with the new acre v763

I can't reach the bug tracker, either it's down or you banned me for posting too many bugs. :3

So it's (2.1.0.763 Stable RC6) still stuttering really badly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gsmL3M_kM4

Once we were done testing this (ACRE2+CBA+MCC), my friend killed me and disconnected. I pushed 'Respawn' in the MCC menu, waited 5 seconds, respawned and then immediately quit the game - my friend remained muted in TS until he disabled the ACRE2 TS plugin.

I can't reach the bug tracker, either it's down or you banned me for posting too many bugs. :3

We are actually switching over to a new bug tracker that is on the internal system we've been using for the last 6 months or so. The DNS should resolve itself over the next day or so.

Till then the new tracker can be reached here: http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues

Also some of the wiki content is no longer available for the radio making API. That needs to be recreated (it needed a big rewrite anyways).

Anyone successfully use JVON with more than 20 users? Curious on the status since we last attempted to use.

Hey there,

I would like to report an issue with ACRE. During our coops we often encounter a phenomena where the voice of some people will be overmodulated. However (and this is the real problem), this phenomena is very inconsistent. During some missions people may encounter it for certain other people while on the next mission the issue is not necessarily present anymore. Furthermore, it is not present for anybody on the server. Only some clients seem to be encountering it but not to the same extend. We only have one person for whom this happens consistently.

When the issue occurs it is not resolved by decreasing the volume of the affected person via team speak. We first thought it would be due to individual boost settings within team speak but the issue even occurred with people who were not boosted on the client where the issue occurred.

Do you have any idea where this problem could originated from? Are there any log files we could provide you with to easily resolve/pinpoint it?

Keep up the great work! Looking especially forward when you implement vehicle racks and these nice antennas you showed some weeks back. ;)

Edited by Kerodan

are acre radios not compatible with sideChat, groupChat, etc. commands?

are acre radios not compatible with sideChat, groupChat, etc. commands?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

those commands require a normal arma radio to work. i assumed acre radios inherited their functionality but apparently not. i'm wondering what the solution here is because acre automatically replaces any normal radios with 343's

those commands require a normal arma radio to work. i assumed acre radios inherited their functionality but apparently not. i'm wondering what the solution here is because acre automatically replaces any normal radios with 343's

Sidechat, groupchat require radios to work??????????????????????????????? I've been playing the ArmA series for only 3 years but I never knew of this, are you sure?

I think that the only use for the default radios in arma 3 are for the radio-triggers on the command menu during missions.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

You are wrong. Sorry. ACRE removes the *visual display* of the ItemRadio radio slot, and replaces with a inherited radio into this slot. All radio functionality of arma (chat, radio 0-9 keys, etc) all work just fine.

We dont replace normal radios with 343s; we add 343s to all players with ItemRadio. ItemRadio gets replaced by ItemRadioAcreFlagged, which lets us know we already processed the user. This has the exact same functionality as ItemRadio (its literally just inherited) and works fine.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Sidechat, groupchat require radios to work??????????????????????????????? I've been playing the ArmA series for only 3 years but I never knew of this, are you sure?

I think that the only use for the default radios in arma 3 are for the radio-triggers on the command menu during missions.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Nah, hes correct, ItemRadio is required for all chat. However, again, ACRE *leaves that there so does not affect it*

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

So it's (2.1.0.763 Stable RC6) still stuttering really badly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gsmL3M_kM4

Oh. So when you say stutter, your not speaking to a performance stutter. Your speaking to the fact we don't recalculate directional interpolation in real time? What exactly are you asking for here? This is not a bug, its a performance feature so we don't eat up performance with multiple speakers. Are you asking for optionally being allowed to have the performance hit? Real-time calculation will be a pretty intensive FPS hit. EDIT: tracking the feature request here http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/3 of adding the option of real time interpolation if you don't care about perf

Edited by jaynus

Anyone successfully use JVON with more than 20 users? Curious on the status since we last attempted to use.

Anyone???

Hello.

It seems in our testing that the AI do not hear you talking still.

We made no changes to our mission we just ran with the new acre v763

I to have tested this with a squad of AI on one side of a hesco and not 2m away on the other side 3 guys shouting obscenity about the AI's mom for about 5 min, with no reaction at all they did not hear our chat.

Slim

Oh. So when you say stutter, your not speaking to a performance stutter. Your speaking to the fact we don't recalculate directional interpolation in real time? What exactly are you asking for here? This is not a bug, its a performance feature so we don't eat up performance with multiple speakers. Are you asking for optionally being allowed to have the performance hit? Real-time calculation will be a pretty intensive FPS hit. EDIT: tracking the feature request here http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/3 of adding the option of real time interpolation if you don't care about perf

It sounds terrible. Am I the only one hearing this? I rather have the feature disabled/removed entirely and not hear people's speech stutter, rather than have stutter and/or performance hit.

I to have tested this with a squad of AI on one side of a hesco and not 2m away on the other side 3 guys shouting obscenity about the AI's mom for about 5 min, with no reaction at all they did not hear our chat.

Slim

Can anyone please file a ticket with a repro case so we can test? I cannot reproduce.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

It sounds terrible. Am I the only one hearing this? I rather have the feature disabled/removed entirely and not hear people's speech stutter, rather than have stutter and/or performance hit.

NO, I've never heard it - we are internally discussing what it could possibly be. Are you available to discuss via skype? I can pull you into our tester channel to discussion/describe. Please PM skype name and I can get you in for more details

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Anyone???

We have done no new work on JVON yet

Can anyone please file a ticket with a repro case so we can test? I cannot reproduce.

Nope the tracker is 404.

Build a walled box in editor place enemy in the walled box.

place yourself outside the walled box.

save mission.

load mission on a server.

play mission

DON'T MOVE, just talk using acre.

AI will not change from unaware unless you move.

the chat issue wasn't an acre problem after all. turns out uo_sys_settings.pbo within the uomodpack was the culprit. hooray for hidden, undocumented settings that break core functionality for no apparent reason

We have done no new work on JVON yet

Well, since I didn't get answer I tested it out again...it was a complete fail. JVON crashed on some users, lots of desync, and radios had a ridiculous range.

Your statement is accurate. ;)