Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19829

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22741

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

granQ : ARCE Version 560 doesn't have the message. or so it seems.

We revert to that version if ACRE forces us to stop the mission.

You are incorrect; this warning has been in ACRE2 since public release - downgrading is just "making it go away" because you are restarting your mission, and coincidentally not hitting the bug yet. It is not removing the error or changing anything to do with it. Downgrading is having no affect on the warning occurring or not, you will still get it.

Edited by jaynus

Did you check the OP?

Cheers SilentSpike, I missed that.

While I understand its purpose, it's a shame this feature can't be enabled/disabled.

On my squad's TS we have people who do not play Arma but still hop in the channel to talk to us while we're playing.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19829

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22741

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

You are incorrect; this warning has been in ACRE2 since public release - downgrading is just "making it go away" because you are restarting your mission, and coincidentally not hitting the bug yet. It is not removing the error or changing anything to do with it. Downgrading is having no affect on the warning occurring or not, you will still get it.

We never had this message pop up while using 560. Our mission runs for days, sometimes weeks on this version. I get that it's an arma bug that needs fixing, but flashing it constantly on screen after we've worked for hours to clear a route to our objective is not going to fix the problem. This will only result in people reverting to a version without the message, like we did, or people searching other solutions for radio's.

Hello,

Is there anyway to extend the range of the radios? maybe using the antenna that's already in game? I can get about 2 clicks away using the 117 and just about hear the other radio operators.

After some testing, The 152 reaches further than the 117 which is completely the opposite and wondering if this is a bug?

Edited by Tom.Tucka

Hello,

Is there anyway to extend the range of the radios? maybe using the antenna that's already in game? I can get about 2 clicks away using the 117 and just about hear the other radio operators.

After some testing, The 152 reaches further than the 117 which is completely the opposite and wondering if this is a bug?

Sounds like it was artifact of the terrain you had around you? We will investigate, but open air testing has been more at 15-20km range on the 117.

Well we have figured out that from 030.000 RX Freq to 150 Rx Freq we can get clear to about 10K and at 200.000 RX Freq 2.5k clear

Hey guys,

I have a problem with teamspeak3 with acre 2.

Im in a Arma2/3 unit and we use acre 2 for arma 3.

Everytime i use that my teamspeak is chrasing.

Pls halp

xoxoxo

Me

I was wondering about acre_api_fnc_isSpectator, does this function work on non-local players?

The description in the ACRE2 documentation makes it sound that way, but in testing the results seem to say otherwise which limit's its use quite a bit.

Hello,

Is the antenna that's included in ACRE working? If so can you hook it up to a radio

Well we have figured out that from 030.000 RX Freq to 150 Rx Freq we can get clear to about 10K and at 200.000 RX Freq 2.5k clear

Which is perfectly correct; you are trying to use UHF through terrain; it is blocked much easier by terrain than lower frequencies. Overall, the higher the frequency the less able it is to pass through obstructions.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Hello,

Is the antenna that's included in ACRE working? If so can you hook it up to a radio

No, antenna's will not be released until after we go stable (probably this week). Then, new alpha/dev releases will commence for some massive changes we have.

Hey guys,

I have a problem with teamspeak3 with acre 2.

Im in a Arma2/3 unit and we use acre 2 for arma 3.

Everytime i use that my teamspeak is chrasing.

Pls halp

xoxoxo

Me

Please try using the other plugin in the "Extras\vs2013" folder. This DLL should run on your system.

I was wondering about acre_api_fnc_isSpectator, does this function work on non-local players?

The description in the ACRE2 documentation makes it sound that way, but in testing the results seem to say otherwise which limit's its use quite a bit.

Are you trying to detect if the remote player is currently a spectator? If that is the case then yes; this function only returns if the local player is a spectator, it takes no arguments (WOOPS! :yay:). This was an oversight; good catch! We have corrected it in our latest build. Temporarily, you can check if(_unit in ACRE_SPECTATORS_LIST). Again though, this has been fixed in the next version which should be released soon.

Hey guys, my mates and myself are experiencing stutters on the editor every 2 seconds (loop) when using ACRE2 while editing, any clue to stop this ? Thanks by advance.

Hey guys, my mates and myself are experiencing stutters on the editor every 2 seconds (loop) when using ACRE2 while editing, any clue to stop this ? Thanks by advance.

Can you confirm whether you have TS3 open or not when this is happening? I've created a ticket for us here http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/436

Can you confirm whether you have TS3 open or not when this is happening? I've created a ticket for us here http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/436

Hello mate. I confirm this happen even when TS is closed completely. The ONLY way to cure this is to turn off ACRE 2 mod in Arma 3 and remove those "acre.api" lines which got injected in the mission.sqm. However when you launch any mission you made with ACRE 2 on a dedicated server, the freezes are gone but on CLIENT SIDE ONLY !! Which means, bots are suffering THIS ISSUE aswell. You can see, visually, that they got this loop problem (every 2 seconds), which make them "stop and move" or even rollbacking.

This issue is to be considered as a MAJOR issue and should be fixed as soon as possible. Any other feedbacks would be appreciate. If you need more details, ask me, I'll try to explain it even more.

Edit: jaynus may you add these details also in your bug tracker's report ?

Hello mate. I confirm this happen even when TS is closed completely. The ONLY way to cure this is to turn off ACRE 2 mod in Arma 3 and remove those "acre.api" lines which got injected in the mission.sqm. However when you launch any mission you made with ACRE 2 on a dedicated server, the freezes are gone but on CLIENT SIDE ONLY !! Which means, bots are suffering THIS ISSUE aswell. You can see, visually, that they got this loop problem (every 2 seconds), which make them "stop and move" or even rollbacking.

This issue is to be considered as a MAJOR issue and should be fixed as soon as possible. Any other feedbacks would be appreciate. If you need more details, ask me, I'll try to explain it even more.

Edit: jaynus may you add these details also in your bug tracker's report ?

Yah this doesn't make much sense. What do you mean Bots? What do you mean by loop problem for them? are you suggesting your dedicated server is lagging too? We have never had any sort of report like this for dedicated servers; perhaps you mean headless clients? Are you offloading AI to them? Is it your AI is lagging?

It is literally impossible for ACRE to be affecting the AI on a dedicated server, as the majority of our code does not start on dedicated server. This sounds like your server and mod set may have deeper issues, as this is definitely something we could in no way impact.

We will keep looking into the client-side stutters, but you may want to investigate the performance of your mods you are using more to determine if any of them are impacting performance.

Yah this doesn't make much sense. What do you mean Bots? What do you mean by loop problem for them? are you suggesting your dedicated server is lagging too? We have never had any sort of report like this for dedicated servers; perhaps you mean headless clients? Are you offloading AI to them? Is it your AI is lagging?

It is literally impossible for ACRE to be affecting the AI on a dedicated server, as the majority of our code does not start on dedicated server. This sounds like your server and mod set may have deeper issues, as this is definitely something we could in no way impact.

We will keep looking into the client-side stutters, but you may want to investigate the performance of your mods you are using more to determine if any of them are impacting performance.

By saying bots, I was takling to the others AI on the dedicated server. Client side on dedicated server is fine, no stutters at all, but the AI seems to get the same kind of lag (those 2 sec freeze playing into a loop, which is repeated constantly every 2 seconds). So, if I would resume this into a scheme, it would be like:

Local (editor) = stutters on client side, every 2 seconds, perfectly timed, acting as a "loop" (it never ends until you abort the mission).

Multiplayer (dedicated server) = No freeze at all for the clients, however the IA seems to suffer this kind of " 2 sec freeze". You'll notice the bot running then, running in the "void" for 2 secs and then resuming on its course. The issue is even more noticed when the AI uses fast movers (planes), choppers, or even tanks.

Tested with following addons:

CBA 1.09

ALiVE

AGM

ACRE 2

All in Arma Standalone

JSRS Dragonfyre

RHS Escalation

Leights OPFOR

ASR AI3

ALiVE

AGM

All in Arma Standalone

JSRS Dragonfyre

RHS Escalation

Leights OPFOR

ASR AI3

Take our all that crap listed and try again... I've not seen any issues like this, also a metric of value would be good (ASM screenshots or logs).

Take our all that crap listed and try again... I've not seen any issues like this, also a metric of value would be good (ASM screenshots or logs).

Yes, please do this. Run ACRE+CBA only to reproduce. You have a lot of AI mods there, all which would cause that problem for you.

Yes, please do this. Run ACRE+CBA only to reproduce. You have a lot of AI mods there, all which would cause that problem for you.

Mods aren't the cause of this. I simply removed ACRE 2 from our server and my client, we moved to TFR again. No more stutters at all, no more AI lag at close/mid/long range, so it's not from our mods nor the mission itself. There's definetely something down there.

Mods aren't the cause of this. I simply removed ACRE 2 from our server and my client, we moved to TFR again. No more stutters at all, no more AI lag at close/mid/long range, so it's not from our mods nor the mission itself. There's definetely something down there.

We run CBA, ACRE2, ST_HUD, ASR_AI, UI corrections, Load calc, ST stamina and quite a few inhouse mods but we do not get the stuttering your are talking about.

We get a small performance drop when using ACRE but we get one from ASR_AI as well. (about 2cps drop on server monitor for each mod).

If we kept adding mods that reduced the servers cps or fps I would imagine we would also see AI stuttering.

I would suggest you have maybe too many resource hungry mods running.

When we want to test things we start at vanilla with the mission then watch the monitor if its not at 50fps and 50cps on SERVER at vanilla stage something is wrong.

IF it is at 50\50 we add CBA then the CBA dependant mods and watch the monitor for each addition.

Sometimes even a reskin mod will drastically affect your servers performance.

Hope this helps, if it doesn't tough titty :)

TLDR : don't blame ACRE if you haven't tested everything.

how many radios do you have placed in your mission? How many items/ammo crates?

how many radios do you have placed in your mission? How many items/ammo crates?

Sorry... who was that question for ?

Sorry... who was that question for ?

My guess would be not you as you didn't report an issue! :)