Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

I kickly tested ACRE2 yesterday and I noticed vehicle attenuation is not correct for vehicle from other addons (RHS hmmwvs for example). Are you able to fix that by yourself or is it a job for RHS team ?

If I wan't to make the patch by myself , is it enough to add a new "insideSoundCoef" value in a config file ?

Maybe you could add some documentation about that in the wiki (+compartment and CVC).

I also noticed attenuation sometimes behave strangely for vanilla vehicles : for example there is a bit of attenuation when somebody is speaking from the gunner seat of an armed offroad. I don't know if you can do something about it, maybe it is still WIP.

Thanks for your work.

I was running some tests with some guys in my group and we could not turn off babel via the ACRE module. Regardless of being set to "No Babel", "Per Side", or "Per Side/Common" blufor and opfor were using different languages. The only way to disable babel was to remove the ACRE module.

Could you please test it again but set the first option in the module "Channels Per Side" to false? If that works, I have an idea where the problem is.

Great mod, but something seems to have broken in this latest version for me. I no longer have any controls showing up under "Configure Addons" in Configure>Controls in both the main menu and the pause menu. There is still the "Acre 2" title in the dropdown menu, but no keybindings are listed. In game, I still have a radio and can connect to teamspeak, as well as hear other players through the radio, but when I press capslock the transmitting icon appears, but transmitting does not stay on (despite holding the PTT key).

If I click Cancel instead of OK in the Configure Addons menu and then re-enter the menu, ACRE 2 is no longer listed, and pressing capslock after this engages the normal Arma "Group Chat" function. Any help is appreciated, and I'm happy to provide more info. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this :p

Did you try to completely remove and reinstall ACRE2? Or are there any older files in the folder?

I kickly tested ACRE2 yesterday and I noticed vehicle attenuation is not correct for vehicle from other addons (RHS hmmwvs for example). Are you able to fix that by yourself or is it a job for RHS team ?

If I wan't to make the patch by myself , is it enough to add a new "insideSoundCoef" value in a config file ?

Maybe you could add some documentation about that in the wiki (+compartment and CVC).

I also noticed attenuation sometimes behave strangely for vanilla vehicles : for example there is a bit of attenuation when somebody is speaking from the gunner seat of an armed offroad. I don't know if you can do something about it, maybe it is still WIP.

Thanks for your work.

RHS vehicle attenuation is setup incorrectly and it is already in their tracker -> http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=134

You can try to play around with the insideSoundCoef, yeah. But from our side, we won't add any 3rd Party Config fixes.

Did you try to completely remove and reinstall ACRE2? Or are there any older files in the folder?

I completely removed the previous version before copying in the new version, same problem. The only other mod present is CBA (RC4).

We are tracking these reports and fixing them as we get them. Due to the low number of current bug reports, expect stable soon.

#1. AI Unit revealing has been fixed; I made a booboo

#2. Babel module has been fixed; I again, made a booboo.

#3. Investigating the channel naming module errors.

#4. Vehicle configuration issues; we utilize the *vanilla arma* sound values; so if you are having trouble hearing in a specific vehicle, it means the model maker did not do their sound coef settings correctly. We will not include compatibility patches due to that having added dependencies; the model makers need to fix them. If anyone notices errors in the default BI vehicles, please let us know or file a arma3 feedback ticket.

Lastly, @JWordsly, that is very odd. Could you contact me on skype 'walterpearce' and we can investigate your problem?

Edited by jaynus

We are tracking these reports and fixing them as we get them. Due to the low number of current bug reports, expect stable soon.

#4. Vehicle configuration issues; we utilize the *vanilla arma* sound values; so if you are having trouble hearing in a specific vehicle, it means the model maker did not do their sound coef settings correctly. We will not include compatibility patches due to that having added dependencies; the model makers need to fix them. If anyone notices errors in the default BI vehicles, please let us know or file a arma3 feedback ticket.

Lastly, @JWordsly, that is very odd. Could you contact me on skype 'walterpearce' and we can investigate your problem?

Thanks for the answer

Excellent News.

Really loving all the changes.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Fired off a message on Skype.

There is only 10 fields for naming different channels. Most of the radios have more then 10 channels so it would be nice to be able to set the names for them too.

If you don´t have any radio in the module when you spawn the unit it doesn´t get any radio, as it should be. But if you type any classname for a valid radio you get an extra PRC343 (one in the uniform and one in the vest).

1. All empty fields = No radio
  2. PRC343 in 1 field = 2 PRC343
  3. PRC343 in 1 field, PRC148 in 1 field = 2 PRC343, 1 PRC148
  4. PRC148 in 1 field = 1 PRC148

I also miss the option to set the default channel for each unit.

We're currently overhauling that module.

For more advanced naming, please use the API functions.

Do you specifically need only 3.0.11 for the backwards compatibility to work?

I have 3.0.11.1 and when I go to enable the plugin it says 'Plugin failed to load: failed to open plugin"

EDIT: In case anyone is a lazy piece of stuff like myself and didn't explore the folder, look in 'Extras/Shacktac' and that plugin works.

Edited by Whimsykiller

Hello,

Will there be any type of antennas that can be put across the map to strengthen signals? This would be a great feature

Hello,

Will there be any type of antennas that can be put across the map to strengthen signals? This would be a great feature

Yep, several antenna systems are planned.

Yep, several antenna systems are planned.

Thats great news! Have any been tested?

I'm hoping for VHF whip masts.

The OE-303 will probably make a return.

Might have been asked before, but I was unable to find anything about it:

Once connected in Arma 3, I can communicate with the people in-game, but I cannot hear people joining our TS channel or them talking. On the other hand they can hear the Arma chatter while not in Arma.

Is there a way to still hear TS comms or at least system messages?

Br,

Mud

Might have been asked before, but I was unable to find anything about it

Did you check the OP?

The following is NOT a issue, and is a FEATURE in ACRE2: When you are in game and ACRE is connected you will NOT be able to hear people that are not in the game as well. This is meant as a failsafe to any issues where someone might be having connectivity issues with ACRE and it is designed to minimize and reduce situations that can reduce immersion.

Had sadly and extremely annoying "bug" yesterday that made me so upset.

Imagine this, you get 10 people on a server, running a mission you been playing (with acre) since arma2 days.

Its a nice mission and we enjoy it, even after all this time.

When I moved my small radio to the ground, to put on a new uniform.. there was this extremely annoying hint message with the sound.

"This ain't an ACRE bug, this is a bug with the mission!".

Well, first I would claim this is indeed a fault by acre, somehow but lets say it was a mission related bug... it would be fine with the hint, but it never went away.

Since I was hosting the mission, all I could was to simply kill the server.

We restarted, once again I moved the radio from my inventory to the ground and got the message..

So please, please, for the love of God, your mothers and everything you hold dear.

Don't let your warnings kill the game.

Let me and my friends decide if its still playable (for instance, acre continued to work fine with the radio and 3d positional audio, the mission also worked.. but of course unplayable with a hint that says pling every 5 seconds).

So please, could you consider to remove it?

Snip

The reason that message is there is so that when stuff breaks you know ACRE isn't the cause and don't log bug tickets because of some bad scripting somewhere outside of the mod, seeing as multiple people have asked for it to be removed to which they've said no, I doubt they'll be removing it...

Although hintSilent might be less annoying :P

The point is to be annoying and get the mission makers to fix their missions. Certain circumstances are well documented to break things completely (inventory system, virtual arsenal gear desync bug, overriding all PFH's, massive script lag) - so we warn on these cases, as they are cases that will utterly break other parts of the mission a lot of the time as well.

The gear desync bug is what you received - specifically that gear becomes completely desynchronized between clients and the server. We have a ticket filed with BI for this - if you feel it is a problem, please upvote our ticket on the feedback tracker as this bug was reported over a year ago.

Although positional continued working, it will completely break radios and a lot of other arma features. We believe it warrants letting the users know the mission is broken.

Alternatively, don't use arsenal to switch uniforms until BI has fixed the issue.

The gear desync bug is what you received - specifically that gear becomes completely desynchronized between clients and the server. We have a ticket filed with BI for this - if you feel it is a problem, please upvote our ticket on the feedback tracker as this bug was reported over a year ago.

Can you provide the link of the ticket please ?

The point is to be annoying and get the mission makers to fix their missions. Certain circumstances are well documented to break things completely (inventory system, virtual arsenal gear desync bug, overriding all PFH's, massive script lag) - so we warn on these cases, as they are cases that will utterly break other parts of the mission a lot of the time as well.

Although positional continued working, it will completely break radios and a lot of other arma features. We believe it warrants letting the users know the mission is broken.

Alternatively, don't use arsenal to switch uniforms until BI has fixed the issue.

I used a normal ammocrate.. but anyway, I have to say it feel a bit ignorant to ruin peoples experience because you want to lower the amount of tickets posted. Isn't a single warning enough, does it really need to be gamebreaking. For us this happend right at the beginning but if I had played a 2 hour coop with no respawn and suddenly I started getting hints that made it unplayable, I would had used a lot of bad words to describe my feelings. Anyway, i guess its your comfort over mine and you make acre2 so guess I just have to be aware that there is a potential mood killer in the addon.

You seem to misunderstand the severity of this bug. It breaks Arma 3. It isn't a bug in ACRE, it is a bug in Arma that means gear is becoming desynchronized between clients and the server. It means that other clients and the server no longer know what gear you have. This can cause all sorts of undefined behavior down the road when playing, for ACRE and every other mod.

We make this message appear because, yes, we do not want tickets. We do not want tickets that are the result of this bug causing behavior that should never occur in the first place, and which causes us to go on a wild goose chase to find when it is happening in a situation that is going on when the game is broken.

granQ : ARCE Version 560 doesn't have the message. or so it seems.

We revert to that version if ACRE forces us to stop the mission.