Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Is this implemented :- acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI ?

and who needs this as true the server or client or both ?

Is this implemented :- acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI ?

and who needs this as true the server or client or both ?

All clients need it. yes, it is implemented in our latest builds. We will be releasing another RC tommorrow (thursday PST time)

All clients need it. yes, it is implemented in our latest builds. We will be releasing another RC tommorrow (thursday PST time)

Thanks for the reply Jaynus.

Are you saying it will be released with the upcoming RC or it already is released because :-

When I run this on clients :-

//--- check for acre mod on Client
acre_enabled = isClass(configFile/"CfgPatches"/"acre_main");

//--- acre setRevealToAI
if (acre_enabled) then {
_status = [true] call acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI;
};

I get this error :-

3:39:24 Error in expression <e_enabled) then {
};

STGI = i>
3:39:24   Error position: <acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI;
};

STGI = i>
3:39:24   Error Undefined variable in expression: acre_api_fnc_setrevealtoai
3:39:24 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\Client\Init_Client.sqf, line 25

Thanks for the reply Jaynus.

Are you saying it will be released with the upcoming RC or it already is released because :-

When I run this on clients :-

//--- check for acre mod on Client
acre_enabled = isClass(configFile/"CfgPatches"/"acre_main");

//--- acre setRevealToAI
if (acre_enabled) then {
};

I get this error :-

3:39:24 Error in expression <e_enabled) then {
};

STGI = i>
3:39:24   Error position: <acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI;
};

STGI = i>
3:39:24   Error Undefined variable in expression: acre_api_fnc_setrevealtoai
3:39:24 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\Client\Init_Client.sqf, line 25

It will be tomorrow. I know its not there today, we have automated the documentation process so it is updating and as we add functions :)

Once again thanks for the reply and I am looking forward to the update.

Thank you.

BL1P

ps. Just checking .... when this comes out tomorrow, I set _status = [true] call acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI; only on Clients not on HC and Not on the Server... right ?

Edited by BL1P

Once again thanks for the reply and I am looking forward to the update.

Thank you.

BL1P

ps. Just checking .... when this comes out tomorrow, I set _status = [true] call acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI; only on Clients not on HC and Not on the Server... right ?

Correct. However - it is enabled by default. You'll only want to be calling that to disable it....

Correct. However - it is enabled by default. You'll only want to be calling that to disable it....

Thats so cool thanks !!!

I haven't played around with ACRE for a while, is anyone still experiencing the low volume bug from a couple months ago with the latest version?

I haven't played around with ACRE for a while, is anyone still experiencing the low volume bug from a couple months ago with the latest version?

Volume controls in Settings->Plugins->ACRE->Settings to provide tweaking your volume accordingly. These settings save and can be changed in real-time for testing. This will resolve anyone with the lingering volume issue.

http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/ACRE_21_Release

Woah good news can't wait to try that out, thank you for your time! :)

I hope somone can help me. I currently have ACRE 2 running on my server and whenver we are all in game, whenever we try to transmit none of use get that little "squawk" tone or mic key-up. However we can all hear each other on the radio. How do I fix this. I have palce the following in my Arma3Server.cfg file on my server: allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"ini","b64"};

I hope somone can help me. I currently have ACRE 2 running on my server and whenver we are all in game, whenever we try to transmit none of use get that little "squawk" tone or mic key-up. However we can all hear each other on the radio. How do I fix this. I have palce the following in my Arma3Server.cfg file on my server: allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"ini","b64"};

you want to use: allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi", "b64"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via loadFile command (since Arma 3 v1.19.124216)

I am very hesitant to post this, because it feels like I am missing something stupid. However after more than a few hours trying to setup the jvon version of acre, I need another pair of eyes on this.

It seems I have everything installed per the instructions, however I am getting the following error in the servers jnet.log, and the jvon client is not starting on my client machine. (Verified by checking task manager)

22/02/2015 15:04:02,034 INFO [default] JNET DLL Loaded
22/02/2015 15:04:02,035-{WARN }- Warning, reset performed, Initiating discovery...
22/02/2015 15:04:02,036-{INFO}- Detected ArmA3 Server. Running in server mode...
[b]22/02/2015 15:04:02,036-{ERROR}- Can't load server configuration 'C:\Program'[/b]
22/02/2015 15:04:52,942-{WARN }- Lost connection from client [<client ip redacted>:60166]
22/02/2015 15:04:57,386-{INFO}- Configuration File Loaded
22/02/2015 15:04:57,386-{INFO}- Synchronizing with [treadd @ <client ip redacted>:2304]

The last three lines are when my game client is connecting to the server. If I start the JVON client manually, I am able to connect to the server. My assumption is that the jvon server is not finding the server config file due to some missing "" marks. However for the life of me I can't find where it would be picking that path up from. (Hard coded in the .exe?)

I did not have the -config in my original startup parameters, but did add -config="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\config_vanilla.cfg" during testing, however it had no effect.

Side notes:

Here is the relevant part of my server config- (left default password while testing)

disableVoN = 1;  
jvon_enabled = 1;
//jvon_required = 1;
jvon_server_address = "<serverIP redacted>:27233";
jvon_password = "balls";

My server.json-

{
"server_name" : "IDI JVON Server",
"server_description" : "Default JVON Server",
"password" : "balls",
"network" : {
	"control_port" : 27233,
	"stream_port" : 27234,
	"upnp_enabled" : true
}
}

I can connect my manually launching the jvon client and connect to the server-

22/02/2015 15:43:22,941-{INFO}[t:2652]- Server initializing
22/02/2015 15:43:22,948-{TRACE}[t:2652]- Message Ports: C(27233), S(27234)
22/02/2015 15:43:23,206-{INFO}[t:2652]- Attempting UPNP Configuration
22/02/2015 15:43:31,215-{TRACE}[t:2652]- Creating Bucket: General Chat
22/02/2015 15:43:31,218-{TRACE}[t:2652]- Creating Bucket: In-Game Bucket
22/02/2015 15:43:31,221-{TRACE}[t:2652]- Creating Bucket: Time out
22/02/2015 15:43:31,225-{TRACE}[t:2652]- Creating Bucket: Main Bucket
22/02/2015 15:43:31,229-{INFO}[t:2652]- Default bucket set: [Main Bucket]
[b]22/02/2015 15:58:16,632-{INFO}[t:2652]- Client [id=5,name=JVON User] connected.
22/02/2015 15:58:29,524-{INFO}[t:2652]- [JVON User] OnDisconnected[/b]

I have all my addons in a 'mods' folder within the arma3 directory. I tried moving @acre2omnibus to the root arma3 directory, but got the same results.

Thanks for your time,

-treadd

we just played a coop on our server with ACRE2. For some reason, when somebody is transmitting, mit frames drop from 60 to around 30 and I have no idea why.. I thought it's the mission in the first place, but then I realized it's only while somebody is transmitting.. what might that be?

we just played a coop on our server with ACRE2. For some reason, when somebody is transmitting, mit frames drop from 60 to around 30 and I have no idea why.. I thought it's the mission in the first place, but then I realized it's only while somebody is transmitting.. what might that be?

This is fixed in latest dev versions of ACRE. We are currently finalizing some fixes to some gear issues (arsenal, etc) and will be releasing the optimizations.

This is fixed in latest dev versions of ACRE. We are currently finalizing some fixes to some gear issues (arsenal, etc) and will be releasing the optimizations.

Great, good to hear that. :) So you also changed the layout of the 148 radio? I cant set the mode to 5000m , like back in A2 .. Thx for the Info.. Can't wait to play some coops again with acre2

@treadd:

Are you using the latest acre2omnibus version?

22/02/2015 15:04:02,036-{ERROR}- Can't load server configuration 'C:\Program'

In a previous version we had the issue that the config path was broken if containing spaces. We solved that a while ago.

Second most commonly "mistake" is an addition quotation mark at the end of the "config-..." line if using TADST.

Previous issues on the same topic:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182271-ACRE2-Public-Beta-Release&p=2872439&viewfull=1#post2872439

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182271-ACRE2-Public-Beta-Release&p=2873823&viewfull=1#post2873823

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182271-ACRE2-Public-Beta-Release&p=2874607&viewfull=1#post2874607

Edited by Soldia

@treadd:

Are you using the latest acre2omnibus version?

In a previous version we had the issue that the config path was broken if containing spaces. We solved that a while ago.

Second most commonly "mistake" is an addition quotation mark at the and of the "config-..." line if using TADST.

Previous issues on the same topic:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182271-ACRE2-Public-Beta-Release&p=2872439&viewfull=1#post2872439

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182271-ACRE2-Public-Beta-Release&p=2873823&viewfull=1#post2873823

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182271-ACRE2-Public-Beta-Release&p=2874607&viewfull=1#post2874607

<deleted>

Well, got the config to load according to the jnet.log! I went back to a .bat file rather than use TADST. From here I'll figure out what I was doing wrong in TADST.

Thank you very much for the heads up!

-treadd

Edited by treadd

ACRE2 RC5 RELEASED

Woot, we have a new RC guys! Some big changes in this one! As you can see we've skipped RC4 and gone to RC5 for this release.

ACRE Changes

• All radios have received a visual revamp for prettiness
  • Buttons now depress
  • TS3 individual set volumes are now applied to people speaking
  • Multiple performance and caching fixes vastly improving FPS hit
  • Mission examples added to extras folder
  • Squelch operations now working on all radios
  • Added modules and API and example missions for easier use
  • Many edge case bug fixes
  • Added lower headset functionality
  • Integrated ShackTac ACRE Volume Control, this is now accessible from the keybinds
  • AI can now hear players speak and radios on speakers. this utilizes advanced occlusion and inverse-square calculations for realistic chances of awareness
  • Gearing and equipping system changes
  • Fixed any issue where some gear scripts would cause chat to break
  • Added multiple builds for possible CPU architecture issues (see extras folder)
  • Added backwards compatible TS 3.0.11 DLL's
  • Radios now go into the container they were found
  • String parsing functions improved for performance
  • Extensive API and module updates for ease-of-use
  • We probably missed something

Module Changes

• Added ACRE Basic Mission module for basic radio/babel/ACRE settings configuration in a mission
  • Added difficulty setting module for strictly changing ACRE settings
  • Added ACRE Channel Naming module for easy ability to name nets on the 148/152/117

API Changes

Please see ACRE API Documentation for details.

Downloads

Standard: http://acre.idi-systems.com/archive/acre2_2.1.0.750.zip

Omnibus: http://acre.idi-systems.com/archive/acre2omnibus_2.1.0.750.zip

Many thanks guys! Things have been running very well for us, and the functionality is first rate.

Personally encouraging guys to give it a go, drop some feedback, and all that good stuff. :thumbsup: