Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Which sort of gear script / respawn script is used?

This looks like an incorrect preset assignment.

Is it possible to loop an effect or music file on a given ACRE frequency? I am interested in the possibility of players being able to query a trigger state by checking a numbers station frequency with their ACRE radios.

Which sort of gear script / respawn script is used?

Nothing related to ACRE radios, player strip down to uniform, vest, map and compass

OK, ACRE2 team I got JVON setup on our pub CTI server. Still have more playing around with it but I have found some bugs:

* 343 & 77 do not transmit, tried with several people.

And a couple questions:

*Are you guys going to implement ability for players to use vehicle radio racks to communicate? (Player using 343 needs to talk to CO who's 10km away, walks to vehicle and transmits via vehicle radio).

*How do I set a default radio to start with? I figured out a workaround within our mission but was curious how it's done using ACRE2 commands.

Thanks!

OK, ACRE2 team I got JVON setup on our pub CTI server. Still have more playing around with it but I have found some bugs:

* 343 & 77 do not transmit, tried with several people.

And a couple questions:

*Are you guys going to implement ability for players to use vehicle radio racks to communicate? (Player using 343 needs to talk to CO who's 10km away, walks to vehicle and transmits via vehicle radio).

*How do I set a default radio to start with? I figured out a workaround within our mission but was curious how it's done using ACRE2 commands.

Thanks!

1. The 343 and 77 work in build 721 - may be a hotkey or administrator/non-administrator issue. Its currently in use at UO with no issues.

2. Yes, racks/components are in the works.

3. There are new modules in ACRE, one of which is the 'Difficulty Settings' module; this has a setting for radios to add. Alternatively, if you'd like them to *not* receive a 343 and replace that as default, you'll want to remove ItemRadio and give them a different radio at start.

Test Version of Omnibus which should fix the launcher. http://acre.idi-systems.com/archive/acre2omnibus_2.1.0.721.zip

@Six Folks - Please *DO NOT* Add this to the six network. This is to verify fixed for the people in this thread requesting the working JVON versions.

After I got properly rid of the previous version (I probably took a little bit more disk space on your server before that...) it stopped crashing.

I get the 'beeps' when i press the radio button.

The JVON client window appears as if unconnected. No messages, no userlist, nothing. Server window shows I've connected, though.

Explicitly connecting it has it reconnect 'properly' in that regard.

Also tested with other users, and it's promising so far. A few quirks to be worked out though.

Edited by MaHuJa

1. The 343 and 77 work in build 721 - may be a hotkey or administrator/non-administrator issue. Its currently in use at UO with no issues

Then why would the other radios work fine but not those 2? We tested them all. I'm not claiming to be right, just want to fix the problem. Can you add me on steam? This way I can work with you a little better.

**EDIT**

OK, under full server load...with about 10-15 connected to JVON server we noticed 1 big bug. There are massive delays between time of transmission and delivery. I would say out loud the game time, and other players heard it 2-5 minutes later. Also, the ranges were off...Some guys were 2km away and couldn't hear us using the ACRE_PRC148 and ACRE_PRC152.

We also noticed a lot of voice skipping, similar to VON.

I guess it's beta for a reason (or I missed something on the server install).

My players range from USA, EUROPE, ASIA and MIDDLE EAST.

Here's the ACRE2 code in the mission (init.sqf):

//ss83 ACRE2 Stuff
[true, true] call acre_api_fnc_setupMission; //babel: different languages for each side, radios: different freq each side
//_status = [true] call acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI;  //AI can hear players
_status = [] call acre_api_fnc_isInitialized;  //returns flag to see if radios are working
[0] call acre_api_fnc_setLossModelScale; //Specify and value between 1.0 and 0. Setting it to 0 means the terrain loss model is disabled, 1 is default. Note this setting only effects loss caused by terrain, loss due to power dissipation over range will always occur.
[true] call acre_api_fnc_setFullDuplex; //If set to true, it means that you will receive transmissions even while talking and multiple people can speak at the same time.
[false] call acre_api_fnc_setInterference;  //Sets whether transmissions will interfere with each other. This, by default, causes signal loss when multiple people are transmitting on the same frequency.

ACRE code in config.cfg

// JVON SETTINGS
jvon_enabled = 1;
//jvon_required = 0;
jvon_server_address = "arma.ofps.net:27233";
jvon_password = xxxxxxxx;

ACRE code in server.json

{
"server_name" : "BECTI WARFARE SEATTLE, WA",
"server_description" : "JVON SERVER FOR BECTI WARFARE",
"password" : "xxxxxxxx",
"network" : {
	"control_port" : 27233,
	"stream_port" : 27234,
	"upnp_enabled" : true
}
}

Version we all used (or they got kicked out): acre2omnibus_2.1.0.721

Ports were forwarded for JVON. I noticed on the JNET logs a lot of "08/02/2015 13:35:05,440-{WARN }- Lost connection from client [XXXXXX:XXX]"

Let me know what else you need to help you.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

After I got properly rid of the previous version (I probably took a little bit more disk space on your server before that...) it stopped crashing.

I get the 'beeps' when i press the radio button.

The JVON client window appears as if unconnected. No messages, no userlist, nothing. Server window shows I've connected, though.

Explicitly connecting it has it reconnect 'properly' in that regard.

Also tested with other users, and it's promising so far. A few quirks to be worked out though.

Please file issues here http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/jvon/issues To help us work out these quirks :)

Then why would the other radios work fine but not those 2? We tested them all. I'm not claiming to be right, just want to fix the problem. Can you add me on steam? This way I can work with you a little better.

**EDIT**

OK, under full server load...with about 10-15 connected to JVON server we noticed 1 big bug. There are massive delays between time of transmission and delivery. I would say out loud the game time, and other players heard it 2-5 minutes later. Also, the ranges were off...Some guys were 2km away and couldn't hear us using the ACRE_PRC148 and ACRE_PRC152.

We also noticed a lot of voice skipping, similar to VON.

I guess it's beta for a reason (or I missed something on the server install).

My players range from USA, EUROPE, ASIA and MIDDLE EAST.

Here's the ACRE2 code in the mission:

//ss83 ACRE2 Stuff
[true, true] call acre_api_fnc_setupMission; //babel: different languages for each side, radios: different freq each side
//_status = [true] call acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI;  //AI can hear players
_status = [] call acre_api_fnc_isInitialized;  //returns flag to see if radios are working
[0] call acre_api_fnc_setLossModelScale; //Specify and value between 1.0 and 0. Setting it to 0 means the terrain loss model is disabled, 1 is default. Note this setting only effects loss caused by terrain, loss due to power dissipation over range will always occur.
[true] call acre_api_fnc_setFullDuplex; //If set to true, it means that you will receive transmissions even while talking and multiple people can speak at the same time.
[false] call acre_api_fnc_setInterference;  //Sets whether transmissions will interfere with each other. This, by default, causes signal loss when multiple people are transmitting on the same frequency.

Version we all used (or they got kicked out): acre2omnibus_2.1.0.721

FYI the full duplex will still limit based on range; there will just be no terrain loss. We are working on implementing no range loss, as well.

Will look into the delays and stuttering - as you said, its beta for a reason - we have not done *any* performance work on JVON to date yet. Thanks for testing!

FYI the full duplex will still limit based on range; there will just be no terrain loss. We are working on implementing no range loss, as well.

Will look into the delays and stuttering - as you said, its beta for a reason - we have not done *any* performance work on JVON to date yet. Thanks for testing!

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I understand FULL DUPLEX is still limited on range. However, we were probably 1-1.5km apart and had difficulty hearing each other (We did extensive testing with 4-6 people on the range and all came up with the same conclusion, range is an issue). As you know, the PRC148 and PRC152 have a range of 3-5km CITY and 5-7km for "Perfect Range." We were well within the range and the radios didn't seem to transmit with much power.

All I'm saying is this may need some looking into along with the other bugs I mentioned. If you want us to test more of your builds I'd be happy to implement on the server during a weekend and test out with a full server.

Anything else I can provide to help you iron out bugs please let me know. (Message me on steam please, SpanishSurfer)

**EDIT**

BTW, in less than 8 hours we had 60% of the server using ACRE2 JVON (a record for mod use). As a comparison we made TFAR a requirement for voice comms and it took over a month just to get 5-6 people to use it on a regular basis. In my humble opinion, the ease of install for clients will really put you guys over the competition in a big way.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Ease of install and usage is unfortunately #1 for many communities, mine included.

You have got to make it so simple that a potato will be able to install and use it otherwise you unintentionally lose people to TFAR. And TFAR is bad. :(

Ease of install and usage is unfortunately #1 for many communities, mine included.

You have got to make it so simple that a potato will be able to install and use it otherwise you unintentionally lose people to TFAR. And TFAR is bad. :(

Well, if you tell us how we can make it even more easier than starting the game together with ACRE2 and joining the server (and defining ONE Key at the very first join), go ahead.

Make an installer that automatically finds and determines your version of TS (x86 vs. x64) and installs the correct plugin in the correct folder

Make sure that it always runs correctly, regardless if you are in Administrator mode or not

Make it possible to change individual user's volume because obviously different microphones and voices sound different

Make it possible to switch channels via keybinds

Once you have these features, you cover the features that are existing in TFAR and really improve ACRE's 'customer experience'. ACRE's direct speech and radio is superior but when you have 100 people playing, you don't have time to waste on trying to get everyone's radio working. It should just work and be simple to use.

Make an installer that automatically finds and determines your version of TS (x86 vs. x64) and installs the correct plugin in the correct folder

Make sure that it always runs correctly, regardless if you are in Administrator mode or not

Make it possible to change individual user's volume because obviously different microphones and voices sound different

Once you have these features, you cover the features that are existing in TFAR and really improve ACRE's 'customer experience'. ACRE's direct speech and radio is superior but when you have 100 people playing, you don't have time to waste on trying to get everyone's radio working. It should just work and be simple to use.

Have you seen ACRE2 JVON? That's what we tested this weekend. Install for it is as simple as it gets; drag folder to arma 3 directory, launch mod and arma, join server....acre2 now works and fire automatically.

With JVON no TS is required at all. You simply join a server which is running ACRE2 with JVON. Done. As I said: PTT Key assignment needs to be done once.

One can handle ALL the radios with only the channel and volume knobs. Plus: If the server is setup correctly nobody need to select a channel or whatever, as all is preset. If that is the case, you can operate the radio with just your PTT Key.

And that all despite the fact that we are simulating the radios with a level of detail which can easily compete with stand-alone Radio Simulators.

Hey guys! First of all great work! I fondly remember using ACRE for the first time with my group and were blown away by it.

And now we hear about using ACRE without needing teamspeak! That's an amazing feat if you guys can pull it of well, and might mean a big change in public servers/mixed pubs clan servers!

So me and my mate tested it on one of our servers and installing it couldn't be simpler, so you got that nailed down pretty well!

We found 2 minor grievances though, one might be "gamebreaking" and another one is just a quality of life thing.

First: The direct chat voice volume with jvon is really low for us, can't hear anyone farther away than 2 meters and even close by we really need to shout. This really hampers the usability of direct speak. Perhaps a configurable sound file server side could help?

Second: This is more of a request then anything else, but could you guys add in a voice activation option for jvon? at least for the direct speak? We spoiled people have gotten so used to it with TS and such :p

Again, I'm really glad ACRE is back track with ARMAIII and all its glory :D!

Hey guys! First of all great work! I fondly remember using ACRE for the first time with my group and were blown away by it.

And now we hear about using ACRE without needing teamspeak! That's an amazing feat if you guys can pull it of well, and might mean a big change in public servers/mixed pubs clan servers!

So me and my mate tested it on one of our servers and installing it couldn't be simpler, so you got that nailed down pretty well!

We found 2 minor grievances though, one might be "gamebreaking" and another one is just a quality of life thing.

First: The direct chat voice volume with jvon is really low for us, can't hear anyone farther away than 2 meters and even close by we really need to shout. This really hampers the usability of direct speak. Perhaps a configurable sound file server side could help?

Second: This is more of a request then anything else, but could you guys add in a voice activation option for jvon? at least for the direct speak? We spoiled people have gotten so used to it with TS and such :p

Again, I'm really glad ACRE is back track with ARMAIII and all its glory :D!

Both of these are upcoming in the next version of JVON. ACRE2 currently has a volume control within the plugin which allows you to tweak volumes to your setup (hence your low volume). This just isn't accessible from JVON at the moment; we have no way to get to the ACRE plugin settings!

Voice activation is already currently in JVON, and is just disabled for testing purposes. We utilize the exact same VAD (voice activation detection) library as TeamSpeak, which is the Speex VAD engine, so we are confident it will have the same volume "feel" as you are used to in teamspeak.

These changes are coming over the next week or so, are we finish the final RC and STABLE releases of ACRE, which means we can then push more priority towards JVON development again.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Six Updater currently provides all of this functionality. If there are issues, please report to the Six team so they can fix. As far as easier use, that is the concept of JVON. We will look into installers again. We historically had a bad record with them ~4 years ago and discontinued them. Its currently low priority on whether we want to dedicate some time to this route.

Both of these are upcoming in the next version of JVON. ACRE2 currently has a volume control within the plugin which allows you to tweak volumes to your setup (hence your low volume). This just isn't accessible from JVON at the moment; we have no way to get to the ACRE plugin settings!

Voice activation is already currently in JVON, and is just disabled for testing purposes. We utilize the exact same VAD (voice activation detection) library as TeamSpeak, which is the Speex VAD engine, so we are confident it will have the same volume "feel" as you are used to in teamspeak.

These changes are coming over the next week or so, are we finish the final RC and STABLE releases of ACRE, which means we can then push more priority towards JVON development again.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Six Updater currently provides all of this functionality. If there are issues, please report to the Six team so they can fix. As far as easier use, that is the concept of JVON. We will look into installers again. We historically had a bad record with them ~4 years ago and discontinued them. Its currently low priority on whether we want to dedicate some time to this route.

I understand, but:

1) Many dislike PWS. Whether it the crappy Flash interface or just preference to use A3S (As many big groups share their own modded files via a private repository)

2) JVON removing the need for TS is brilliant for public servers. However, big groups practically live on their TS server so it's slightly counter-intuitive. It just feels unnatural to have and pay for a 100-slot TS server but then play without it... I guess this is something we should try and see if we can adapt to it.

JVON is using the game server's bandwidth for transmitting and receiving the data, correct? Does this mean it can cause extra strain on the server? Does it ever stutter like default VON does in heavily populated public servers?

And what about features/functionality of JVON? Is there a feature list? I'm wondering if it can be used to be used as a standalone radio system in our community. I'm worried about what can the dead hear during PVP, who can hear them, can you still speak during loading screens or loadout/slot selection, etc...

Edited by BullHorn

I understand, but:

2) JVON removing the need for TS is brilliant for public servers. However, big groups practically live on their TS server so it's slightly counter-intuitive. It just feels unnatural to have and pay for a 100-slot TS server but then play without it... I guess this is something we should try and see if we can adapt to it.

Then use their Teamspeak version if you have a private server. They have 2 versions ACRE2 for Teamspeak and ACRE2 JVON. You're making mountains out of mole hills Bull...

I understand, but:

1) Many dislike PWS. Whether it the crappy Flash interface or just preference to use A3S (As many big groups share their own modded files via a private repository)

JVON is using the game server's bandwidth for transmitting and receiving the data, correct? Does this mean it can cause extra strain on the server? Does it ever stutter like default VON does in heavily populated public servers?

And what about features/functionality of JVON? Is there a feature list? I'm wondering if it can be used to be used as a standalone radio system in our community. I'm worried about what can the dead hear during PVP, who can hear them, can you still speak during loading screens or loadout/slot selection, etc...

Please read the previous reply, where JVON is not required. ACRE2 Omnibus and ACRE2 for TS are exactly the same, just the actual application utilized for VON is different.

JVON does not live in the actual server, and does not need to live on the same server - we strictly bypass A3 networking code to allow server discovery and host negotiation; you can host a JVON server wherever you like. You strictly configure your game server to reference the appropriate JVON server. The revolutionary portion of this process, is synchronization this information and automatically connecting on server connect seamlessly; not on mission start or requiring 3rd party applications. There is no inherit overhead using JVON vs. using TS.

JVON does *NOT* use the server to transmit all of its data, it strictly negotiates with the server on "what JVON server to connect to", after that, it is wherever you host the server. We also utilize some mesh networking to cut down on client-server-client communications.

You can read more about JVON on our wiki and our webpage.

In regards to your PVP questions: Please check the ACRE API. ACRE2 implements full spectator and babel functionality for these scenarios. You can control these all to your liking to limit the ability to share radios between teams, understand teams, or even hear teams; this applies to both alive and spectator players. We don't only offer different radios for different sides, but the ability to speak different languages or share languages between only specific players.

All of these features have been in ACRE2 since release, and ACRE1 for over 4 years. None of these are new problems, and I recommend you look into our API and our documentation for all the functionality you are looking into.

can you guys elaborate on how AI-held radios function? are they initialized on the server, or do they remain "blank" until touched by a player? basically is there a way of adding radios to AI that are unusable by players?

Hello all you ACRE2 users.. I am calling on ALL server admins that use verifySignatures=2...

I have tested conclusively on my windows based, dedicated server that ACRE2 will and i mean WILL absolutely freeze up my server and make it impossible for anyone to join. this was tested with JUST @CBA_A3;@ACRE2...

So, After that very conclusive test I also ventured to just test the KEY.. with ONLY the KEY for ACRE2 in the keys folder, and NO mods runnin on the server. my server freezes up and you cannot even see it in the server browser. so, theres. that..

After completely resigning the mod with MY own key... I now have ACRE 2 working on my server...

I do find it very hard to believe that I am the ONLY one having this issue.

The rpt looks the same everytime:

=====================================================================

== D:\bluefang\servers\server164\arma3server.exe

== D:\bluefang\servers\server164\arma3server.exe -nosound -nosplash -nopause -ip=162.223.8.114 -port=21418 -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -malloc=tbbmalloc "-profiles=Profile"

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server

Exe timestamp: 2015/01/19 18:37:25

Current time: 2015/02/12 04:50:39

Type: Public

Branch: Stable

Version: 1.38.128937

Allocator: D:\bluefang\servers\server164\dll\tbbmalloc.dll

4:50:39 ManagerConfig()

4:50:39 String STR_MOD_LAUNCHER_ACTION not found

And thats it ... it just stops.

so yea. after a resign it works just fine.

So, for testing purposes, if anyone wants to join my server, and play with some ACRE2

LP's ACRE2 sigs

this .7z file only contains the .bisigns and my LPrime.bikey

I know that you are probably sick of people asking questions concerning sound issues but still I would like to know if it is possible for ACRE to apply the individually set boost settings of Teamspeak as well?

As you are probably well aware Teamspeak allows you to boost the output of every user independantly, granting everyone the maximum controls over their individual sound setup. However, these settings are (to my knowledge/experience) completly ignored by ACRE.

Is it possible for ACRE to "respect" these settings?

Keep up the great work! I am really looking forward to vehicle racks! :D

No, Kerodan. I asked the same thing a few pages back.

Hopefully it's on their to-do list...

Hello all you ACRE2 users.. I am calling on ALL server admins that use verifySignatures=2...

I have tested conclusively on my windows based, dedicated server that ACRE2 will and i mean WILL absolutely freeze up my server and make it impossible for anyone to join. this was tested with JUST @CBA_A3;@ACRE2...

So, After that very conclusive test I also ventured to just test the KEY.. with ONLY the KEY for ACRE2 in the keys folder, and NO mods runnin on the server. my server freezes up and you cannot even see it in the server browser. so, theres. that..

After completely resigning the mod with MY own key... I now have ACRE 2 working on my server...

I do find it very hard to believe that I am the ONLY one having this issue.

The rpt looks the same everytime:

== D:\bluefang\servers\server164\arma3server.exe

== D:\bluefang\servers\server164\arma3server.exe -nosound -nosplash -nopause -ip=162.223.8.114 -port=21418 -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -malloc=tbbmalloc "-profiles=Profile"

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server

Exe timestamp: 2015/01/19 18:37:25

Current time: 2015/02/12 04:50:39

Type: Public

Branch: Stable

Version: 1.38.128937

Allocator: D:\bluefang\servers\server164\dll\tbbmalloc.dll

4:50:39 ManagerConfig()

4:50:39 String STR_MOD_LAUNCHER_ACTION not found

And thats it ... it just stops.

so yea. after a resign it works just fine.

So, for testing purposes, if anyone wants to join my server, and play with some ACRE2

LP's ACRE2 sigs

this .7z file only contains the .bisigns and my LPrime.bikey

??? ACRE2 JVON key provided worked fine for all of my pub users when I had it up and running. Also, if you're using the old MALLOC provided by fred you need to disable that use or add the new one. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm