Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

English being my 3rd language I find it hard to explain what I mean, which is why I found a quote from Dslyecxi on the topic of 1st vs. 3rd person, when comparing ShackTac's vs. Jester 814's playstyles:

"I guess it boils down to whether you're trying to have a really intense experience, or are mainly there for the military roleplaying. I find the former far more interesting - I had enough of the military when I was in, and I'm not seeking to replicate that in my gaming."

ACRE is a tool. It's not the game and it doesn't make the game more interesting. I rather use the tool to improve my gameplay, rather than try to turn the tool into the game.

Thanks for your opinion, if you have any constructive feedback it would be welcome.

yeah, when anyone mentioned ACRE2 Arcade it's just weird to think about. I remember in ACRE1 we had to manually change the power setting in our radios. The 148 seems to start out with maximum power already. it's even simpler to use now.

so I don't even see a reason to make an arcade version. ACRE2 has been easier to use than ever

one question though - I remember there being a demo video with all kinds of options being changed in the 148, including Tx and Rx frequencies and other things, but I can't seem to get to any of that. is it not in the release build right now? all I can do is change the audio to the speaker, change the group, channels, and volume afaik

yeah, when anyone mentioned ACRE2 Arcade it's just weird to think about. I remember in ACRE1 we had to manually change the power setting in our radios. The 148 seems to start out with maximum power already. it's even simpler to use now.

so I don't even see a reason to make an arcade version. ACRE2 has been easier to use than ever

one question though - I remember there being a demo video with all kinds of options being changed in the 148, including Tx and Rx frequencies and other things, but I can't seem to get to any of that. is it not in the release build right now? all I can do is change the audio to the speaker, change the group, channels, and volume afaik

To access that menu you need to hold alt button and press the "mode" button( you can see that above it it says "menu" that its the alternate function of the button). Since you cant click 2 things with the mouse, in ACRE you need to hold the alt key and click it :P.

So ever since I downloaded The Newest Version of ACRE 2, every time I try to play the game I get the following error

Include file

idi\clients\acre\Addons\sys_components\script_acre_component_defines.hpp not found

I have serched the addons folder and can't find what is wrong. Please help.

So ever since I downloaded The Newest Version of ACRE 2, every time I try to play the game I get the following error

Include file

idi\clients\acre\Addons\sys_components\script_acre_component_defines.hpp not found

I have serched the addons folder and can't find what is wrong. Please help.

You are not, in fact, running all of the latest ACRE2 then. Delete your @ACRE2 folder and re-syncronize/download or however you have it installed. It is missing a PBO which was added in these latest RC's.

I'm sorry, but we show a display in the bottom right corner of what radio your using. If that confuses you, I'm not really sure what more we can do. We tell you what radio your using, and you are saying you don't know what radio your using.

The only way I think it could be improved IMO is if you showed the popup when you cycle through the radios, so you instantly know which radio you have selected instead of having to hit capslock first.

Uuuuum, it does exactly that for me?

Also, anybody came across issue when new plugin is crashing TS3 when speaking/hearing in 3D and/or RX/TX? Most of our guys gut it working (although a bit quiet compared to 2.0 with hotfix, waiting for the fixed TS3 plugin settings) but one guy started having this issue aften we switched to 2.1.

And did the API change at all or the functions are still the same? We cannot get them to work like they did in 2.0 (we need to increase 3D range a bit).

Edited by Max255[PL]

The only way I think it could be improved IMO is if you showed the popup when you cycle through the radios, so you instantly know which radio you have selected instead of having to hit capslock first.

It does show a popup, in the bottom right hand corner when you cycle radios.... Have you used ACRE2 before? I recommend you try it.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

;2861307']Uuuuum' date=' it does exactly that for me?

Also, anybody came across issue when new plugin is crashing TS3 when speaking/hearing in 3D and/or RX/TX? Most of our guys gut it working (although a bit quiet compared to 2.0 with hotfix, waiting for the fixed TS3 plugin settings) but one guy started having this issue aften we switched to 2.1.

And did the API change at all or the functions are still the same? We cannot get them to work like they did in 2.0 (we need to increase 3D range a bit).[/quote']

API's have not changed. We have had no crash reports yet; Can this person please provide crashdumps to http://tracker.idi-systems.com/ and we will take a look? The dumps are located in his Documents folder.

ACRE2 RC3 Release

RC3 is out, with Omnibus updates!

Running changelog for the RC below.

Changelog:
ACRE 2.0 STABLE
- AN/PRC-77 Manpack Radio added
- Virtual Arsenal no longer shows 2000+ radios
- Fixed issues with i7 K CPU users
- Removed click from buttons on the 117 and 152
- Fixed pink noise volume scaling with radio selected volume
- Added lower headset toggle keybind
- Fixed a compiler issue of plugin-per-compile compatibility
- Optimizations for PFH regarding transmission reception on 148/117/152. This should greatly reduce the FPS drop when rx
- Fixed ACRE volume settings not loading or being saved in some circumstances
- Fixed volume controls and feedback displays on the 152 and 117
- Fixed being able to set a power of 9999 on the 152/117
- 152 can now actually specify its squelch
- RX only now actually RX's only
- Fixed an issue with a script error which happened in some spectator scripts (GDT/F3)
- Fixed an issue of a script error in the 148

Omnibus 
- Fixed an issue where the JVON icon wouldn't appear in the system tray at launch
- Fixed an issue where AGM would cause JVON not to auto-start
- Fixed an issue where spaces and/or quotes would cause server config loading issues
- Fixed a bug where jvon server_win32 would cap connections to 16 sometimes
- Fixed an issue where dedicated servers would sometimes not initialize JNET

Normal Download: http://acre.idi-systems.com/archive/acre2_2.1.0.678.zip

Omnibus Download: http://acre.idi-systems.com/archive/acre2omnibus_2.1.0.678.zip

It does show a popup, in the bottom right hand corner when you cycle radios.... Have you used ACRE2 before? I recommend you try it.

I feel stupid now, I guess I haven't been paying enough attention when switching radios. In that case, I retract my previous suggestion, there really is no way you can make it more obvious then.

I don't see how not knowing what radio you are using is an issue anyway to be honest, as soon as you key it up you will notice if you have selected the wrong one..

ACRE2 RC3 Release

Did something change in the normal version? Changelog seems to be identical to the last one.

Also the normal download does not contain VS2013 plugins, is it intended?

;2861685']Did something change in the normal version? Changelog seems to be identical to the last one.

Also the normal download does not contain VS2013 plugins' date=' is it intended?[/quote']

Yes, the main plugins are built with 2013 again due to performance and compatibility issues with 2015.

This change contained mostly "I promised I fixed it this time"'s and the omnibus update.

Copy that! Thanks for the answer and all the hard work.

I'll try to get those crashdumps on your tracker ASAP.

Many thanks for the new ACRE² Version. We love the new radios and new features. It works very stable.

But why do you change the old "krrt"- Sound?

Many thanks for the new ACRE² Version. We love the new radios and new features. It works very stable.

But why do you change the old "krrt"- Sound?

It was made up and in no way reflected any actual real life radios, military or otherwise. We literally pulled it out of our ass for ACRE1 and it just stuck. The new clicks still need some tuning, but are much closer.

Don't get me wrong guys. I love ACRE2 and I loved ACRE in ARMA2, I'm just trying to get people who care less about realism to like it too. I think the direct speech alone is so superior that it warrants a switch away from TFAR, let alone the radio simulation.

Did anyone manage to get Omnibus working properly on a dedicated server without the use of Teamspeak?

Did anyone manage to get Omnibus working properly on a dedicated server without the use of Teamspeak?

Yes, we've had multiple communities run test operations for us utilizing JVON.

Spent the last couple nights tweaking ACRE's signal propagation code. I've not only got the original signal path code running faster, but I've added a better building signal occlusion algorithm (based off the ITU indoor loss model), and most importantly I have added single-point reflection multipathing (including terrain loss modelling and the new build occlusion algorithm).

Worst case scenario searches are taking about 40ms (when it has to search every possible reflection test point), but when it finds results the search pattern returns a full set (5 reflection points to cache for further usage) in around 9ms!

Yea, that is less than one one-hundredth of a second to do LOS terrain loss, free space path loss, 5 single point reflections with terrain loss and free space path loss, the new building occlusion tests across all the paths, and sampling antenna gain maps for both the transmitter and receivers antennas (again across all signal paths)!

Considering that it takes only 4x as long to do a full depth search across almost 1000 samples... I'd say that is pretty freaking good (especially considering this is in SQF and not a native language)!

This probably will not make it in to the stable release (as we are generally feature freezed for that, except some new mission maker API stuff), but it's going to be soon after!

Updated normal version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Updated Omnibus Edition version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi there! We spent more than thousand hours enjoying Arma 2 with ACRE and totally looking forward to repeat that experience in Arma 3. But some of my friends ran into problem, however — they claim that they can barely hear each other via direct speech and, IIRC, radio. One of players tried to configure volume in plugin settings but faced another problem — the sounds get louder but if he talk too loud, his voice will turn into noise. On the other hand, I have none of those problems.

Is there something we could do to solve this issue? :)

Hi there! We spent more than thousand hours enjoying Arma 2 with ACRE and totally looking forward to repeat that experience in Arma 3. But some of my friends ran into problem, however — they claim that they can barely hear each other via direct speech and, IIRC, radio. One of players tried to configure volume in plugin settings but faced another problem — the sounds get louder but if he talk too loud, his voice will turn into noise. On the other hand, I have none of those problems.

Is there something we could do to solve this issue? :)

They'll need to continue working on a combination of volumes (game volume, ACRE volume control and windows mixer volumes) until things are appropriately set to how they want it.

server_players.php?GSID=4561156&start=-1m&request=049518289673142135

Some fun numbers showing ACRE consistently and easily supporting 60+ players with no issues.

Very nice. Can confirm - ACRE² is absolutely stable - it make many fun to play with this addon. when can we expect the vehicle radios?

Thanks 4 you work