Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Both ACRE versions seperatly available on Armaholic.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

dammit nuo i just installed and got the last version working on my server now this.... LOL jk thanks for your continued work on one of the best mods for ARMA EVER!!!

so my first test were as follows. Only CBA and ACRE 2(fresh download on the server and client) I added the keys to the server cba and acre2

started the server. the server cpus start pegging %100 usage. I try to log on the server, it shows up in the server browser. I click to join. and i sit at the joining screen "Forever" it doesnt load at all..

I checked the rpt all sigs pass the -sigcheck. but yea it lock the server up...

I resigned the mod. with the Exact Same results. However, I forgot to remove the original Acre key from the keys folder going to try another round of tests..

So after removing the original acre2_2_1_0_651.bikey and using my key the server starts up just fine... I should have dont this months ago..

So to recap , i have ACRE 2 running on a -verifySignature=2 server with MY keys/sigs. Something is corrupt with the original keys and sigs. if others are using acre 2 just fine on their server its because ther NOT using -verigySignature=2

This is an issue with broken bikeys. We have this issue with many keys when using -verifySignatures=2.

This is how you check if a key is broken

1) Add the new key

2) Boot up the server exe.

3) When the server window is up, check if you have a version number etc. at the top bar ex: Arma 3 Console version 1.36 : port 2302

If it only says Arma 3 and not the rest, then the newly added key is

a) broken or b) in conflict with other keys.

We resign most of the mods we use so we have full control of key usage, that is how we stumbled upon this bug.

pelle jones this server is a dedicated at a farm in dallas i dont get to see the server consol so thats not an option for me. but thanks for the heads up..

NUO the new bikey is still broken.. I am going to go ahead and resign like i did the last one hopefully you can get that ironed out soonish ^tm. Other wise we have to distribute private sigs/keys. and that pretty much defeats the purpose of a public server. Only if you use verifysignatures=2 i guess...

Evro: that probably is the case however, i have several mods like cba, AIA tp, your AIA config key, and a few others that have "_" in them and they work just fine on my server. I have had problems with keys that dont have any "_" in their name.

Edited by Lordprimate

Which source did you download the mod and keys from? PWS/ArmAhollic?

How did you upload the keys to the server? If FTP was your client set to binary/ascii or auto?

I am running the keys provided w/o resigning locally and had no issues at this time with verifySignatures=2;

Starting at the most basic level try starting up the server with just CBA and ACRE2, if it fails to start with those two alone with verifySignatures set to 2, then I would say it would be your key or file uploads for ACRE2 or CBA, and or the base game files.

Since the base game files and I would assume CBA has not been modified on your server, just try to reupload the ACRE2 files again, and confirm that if you are using a FTP client that your transfers are set to Binary.

are there any radio boxes now ?
this clearItemCargoGlobal;

this clearWeaponCargoGlobal;

this clearMagazineCargoGlobal;

this clearBackpackCargoGlobal;

this addItemCargoGlobal ["ACRE_PRC343", 20];

this addItemCargoGlobal ["ACRE_PRC148", 20];

this addItemCargoGlobal ["ACRE_PRC152", 20];

this addItemCargoGlobal ["ACRE_PRC117F", 20];

this addItemCargoGlobal ["ACRE_PRC77", 20];

Theres a crate init for you.

Edited by jaynus

It appears the *display* for the volume controls in plugin settings for some reasons won't display the saved value; rest assured, the values in the ini file are in fact the ones being used, as well as the value while you edit the dialog.

Once we wrap omnibus and and push we'll sneak that in there.

Just tested the latest release (2.1.0.671).

My findings (I have most of it on video, when I remembered I should be recording, let me know if you need it):

* Direct speech and radio sounds a lot better than TFAR

* RF noise sounds a lot better when there's obstacles in the way, or the people are getting out of range

* Sometimes when behind hills, you can hear someone transmitting but he can't hear you (Doesn't make much sense because both are behind the same obstacle...)

* When in vehicles/air, direct speech doesn't always sound right - Sometimes a closed vehicle sounds opened, sometimes people inside a vehicle can't hear anyone outside or communicate with them (Most notably the RHS Humvee)

* ACRE takes over the TeamSpeak volume settings, not allowing you to raise/lower individual speakers

* ACRE plugin in TS has a menu to change general volume but when you push OK it resets back to default settings

* When ACRE is enabled and you're in-game, you can't hear anybody who's in the channel (Maybe intentional but rarely requested)

* No fast way to switch channels other than going into the radio and doing it manually. Realistic, yes, but making the game even clunkier than it already is. I think TFAR's numpad binds are perfect.

Just tested the latest release (2.1.0.671).

My findings (I have most of it on video, when I remembered I should be recording, let me know if you need it):

* Direct speech and radio sounds a lot better than TFAR

* RF noise sounds a lot better when there's obstacles in the way, or the people are getting out of range

* Sometimes when behind hills, you can hear someone transmitting but he can't hear you (Doesn't make much sense because both are behind the same obstacle...)

This is pretty common, depends on a number of things (mostly power at this point). Also this will get more complicated once I integrate signal reflection. It is generally not a bug.

* When in vehicles/air, direct speech doesn't always sound right - Sometimes a closed vehicle sounds opened, sometimes people inside a vehicle can't hear anyone outside or communicate with them (Most notably the RHS Humvee)

This is all 100% dependent on mod makers following current Arma 3 standards for configuration. The vehicle system uses Arma 3 sound system defines to figure out if you can hear outside a vehicle or not. Some vehicles though do need special configuration, but that is almost always for inter-vehicle communications (compartment to compartment).

* ACRE takes over the TeamSpeak volume settings, not allowing you to raise/lower individual speakers

This is a side effect of almost entirely replacing the TS sound system with our own. Maybe in the future we will be able to apply individual gains.

* ACRE plugin in TS has a menu to change general volume but when you push OK it resets back to default settings

Fixed in dev, will be released after this weekend. The volumes do change, it is just the sliders do not reflect the value.

* When ACRE is enabled and you're in-game, you can't hear anybody who's in the channel (Maybe intentional but rarely requested)

This is intended and will not change.

* No fast way to switch channels other than going into the radio and doing it manually. Realistic, yes, but making the game even clunkier than it already is. I think TFAR's numpad binds are perfect.

Most likely will not be changed.

Hey, i just testing ACRE2 omnibus edition.

Will there be any way to get comsec working on HARRIS radios in future?

There is actually comsec in menu but when i click it it shows "no items in menu". Will it work in future?

And how can i change between FM and AM and other modulations? Is it implemented?

is there a reason ch.7 on the 148 has a frequency of 32 while ch.6 is 318.75 and ch.8 is 321.25? im not familiar with the radio but it seems like the decimal display is bugged

looking through the "PROGRAM" submenu also displays preset channels with the decimal after 2 digits(i.e. 32.125 instead of 321.25)

also leading to another general question: the 148, 152, and 177 seem to use the same frequencies, so are they all compatible? what's the difference between the 3 of them besides transmitting power?

Edited by naizarak

Gotcha.

Are there any plans for a less realistic but more user friendly version? I'm sure many communities that aren't entirely realistic mil-sim would prefer the benefits of ACRE but are afraid to make the switch because of unnecessary clutter.

I've worked with military radios for 3 years and the general opinion is that it's not the most user friendly field of devices. Reproducing that reality for simulation's sake, sure, but it doesn't always have to be as bad as real life either.

also leading to another general question: the 148, 152, and 117 seem to use the same frequencies, so are they all compatible? what's the difference between the 3 of them besides transmitting power?

This hasn't changed since ACRE1, these 3 radios all have a freq range from 30 mhz to 512 mhz (if im not mistaken) and therefore are 'compatible' with eachother. I'm unsure about the difference between the 148,152 and 117 beyond transmitting power..Just know that you can use the 117 on further ranges than the handheld ones ;)

Gotcha.

Are there any plans for a less realistic but more user friendly version? I'm sure many communities that aren't entirely realistic mil-sim would prefer the benefits of ACRE but are afraid to make the switch because of unnecessary clutter.

I've worked with military radios for 3 years and the general opinion is that it's not the most user friendly field of devices. Reproducing that reality for simulation's sake, sure, but it doesn't always have to be as bad as real life either.

Not here to start an argument, or anything like that but, I recall Jaynus saying a few pages back that he's already 'dumbed' down ACRE2 so that it basically requires two buttons to operate a radio...I'm assuming you want a version that is super basic? Such where the only parameter that determines whether or not you'd be able to radio with others is range? Seems nearly unreasonable to ask :P

Jaynus: Does anyone actually program these radios on a regular basis? ACRE is basically mostly used from 2 buttons; the channel knob and the volume knob. Just curious what scenarios people are deeply programming the radios (Especially since people tell us ACRE is too complex, when its 2 buttons, but then we hear about the deeper features almost exclusively)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Are there any plans for a less realistic but more user friendly version?

Could I ask how you think it could be made more user friendly? I personally find ACRE to be extremely user friendly, so I'm just curious as to what people find challenging about it.

Gotcha.

TFAR is a more simple version.:)

Could I ask how you think it could be made more user friendly? I personally find ACRE to be extremely user friendly, so I'm just curious as to what people find challenging about it.

Ability to bind channels to keys (like TFAR's usage of numpad)

Ability to bind a specific key to PTT (as it is now, you first have to shift/alt/ctrl+key to switch to a radio but it can cause confusion if you forget which radio you were on)

Ability to bind transmission wattage

TFAR is a more simple version.:)

Yes, but it also sounds really bad for direct speech. :(

Ability to bind channels to keys (like TFAR's usage of numpad)
Ability to bind transmission wattage

What is the point in simulating the radio (interface and all) if you can just bypass some of the key functionality?

I am not sure what you are looking for but it is exactly this level of detail why some communities (at least we do :D) prefer ACRE over TFAR. I do not want a simple communication tool but an actual depiction of it. By the way, could you provide me a scenario where you have to switch wattage so fast that you actually need a key/shortcut to do that?

Ability to bind a specific key to PTT (as it is now, you first have to shift/alt/ctrl+key to switch to a radio but it can cause confusion if you forget which radio you were on)

This is actual possible if I am not mistaken. Check the alternative PTT buttons.

I don't see any reasons to make ACRE2 more simple...

...ArmA 3 is supposed to be realistic!

I want more...

I hope that functionality will expand and harris radios will get all important functions.

I have idea how you can implement crypto keys.

I was working on IFF/transponder script for ArmA 3 whitch incorporates mode 4 encrypted IFF (maybe my script was not so advanced) but i have following idea for ACRE2:

Some players (in example admin, it would be defined by mission maker) could have a device to create crypto keys and frequency hopping keys.

Then such player would transfer keys to key fill devices.

Then the radio users would pick the fill gun from ground (it could be inventory item just like radios are) and transfer keys from fill gun to radio.

Then when enemy come they could use zeroize option to dump the keys.

Also with the RV option would be possible to remotely receive key (of course using another key to secure new key transmission as it is IRL).

Edited by macieksoft

Been trying to get ACRE2 Omnibus with JVON running on a private dedicated server (Arma3 Server, JVON server and Arma 3 Client, all on one rig) but after two days of reading, testing, reading again, testing another, I'm about to give up and just go back to TFR!

- All requested ports are opened on my router. CBA and ACRE2 are up to date.

- The JVON server is up, using my external IP address. When connecting to the JVON server using the bootstrapper, I connect fine. So JVON works (right?).

- Then starting my Arma Server (still using my same external IP), the server starts with addons CBA and ACRE2 (Omnibus version).

- Checking jnet.log, says my Arma server was found and that's it's loading the server configuration.

- I start Arma 3 as a client and connect to my Arma3 server.

jnet.log says this":

17/01/2015 16:30:41,564 INFO [default] JNET DLL Loaded

17/01/2015 16:30:41,566-{WARN }- Warning, reset performed, Initiating discovery...

17/01/2015 16:30:41,566-{INFO}- Detected ArmA3 Server. Running in server mode...

17/01/2015 16:30:41,566-{INFO}- Loading server configuration {CONFIG_Vanilla.cfg}

17/01/2015 16:36:46,988-{WARN }- Lost connection from client [iNTERNAL IP:PORT*]

17/01/2015 16:36:47,888-{WARN }- Lost connection from client [EXTERNAL IP:PORT*]

17/01/2015 16:36:52,291-{INFO}- Configuration File Loaded

17/01/2015 16:36:52,291-{INFO}- Synchronizing with [deleyt @ EXTERNAL IP:PORT*]

*IP's have been censored for privacy reasons.

- Mission starts, I press CAPSLOCK....I can see the ACRE transmit icon in the lower right corner but I don't hear the transmit sounds, nor any communication......:S

- I get NO message if ACRE2 is connecting to JVON in the Arma lobby nor ingame, like it does when using in conjunction with TS3

- Checking the JVON server dialog box, I can NOT see anyone connecting that connected through Arma!

BTW: checking the documention that came with the omnibus package, it seems that it's still referring to the TS3 package, which adds a lot to the confusion. Please add an installation manual for the omnibus version!

Also: please add a simple hint or text message ingame that the client was connected to the JVON server or that at least the plugins are working correctly.

What am I doing wrong here? I would really like to try this fantastic concept of no TS3 but so far no luck...

Edited by deleyt
typo

Theres a crate init for you.

This worked for me - beforehand I Would get missing ; error

This worked for me - beforehand I Would get missing ; error

Typo responding sorry :P

TO EVERYONE CONCERNING COMPLEXITY DISCUSSION -

A basic ACRE user can get away with knowing how to push a PTT key. A mission maker can set up the radios on the correct channels, and the user has to interact with only his PTT key.

In case you were unaware, ACRE basically functions with 1 key that you really need to know. A PTT key. If the mission is set up correctly, you literally have to do nothing else but push a key to use it.

Without the mission maker preconfiguring things - To operate ANY radio in ACRE, you only need to know really 2 knobs. A channel knob, a volume knob. All the radios have a very obvious knob or key for this function - so literally, all radios are operated using 2 knobs and a PTT key. It really can't be any less simple than that. If you have multiple radios, you have 1 extra keybind to switch. In regards to "get confused on which radio you are using" - I'm sorry, but we show a display in the bottom right corner of what radio your using. If that confuses you, I'm not really sure what more we can do. We tell you what radio your using, and you are saying you don't know what radio your using.

I understand the desire for keys for faster switching of these methods, but we do provide AltPTT keys for this functionality. In regards to keys to actually change operational functionality of the radios - we probably won't explore this any time soon. You are welcome to look at our API and implement your own desired keybinds to this affect, however. We may explore it later in ACRE2 Arcade, if we ever go that route.

Lastly, we are not looking to introduce only a method of communication. We revoluationized the ArmA series doing that in ACRE1. We enjoy breaking the limits and revolutionizing gameplay in arma. We are looking to simulate radios. You can just use TS3 with a radio filter plugin if you wish to just sound cool - we are geared towards simulation the hardware and the hardwares limitations; thats the true gold of ACRE. A regular player, without having to program radios at all, still experiences something very, very close to real life operator experiences. This is our goal - and many active and former duty radio operators will tell you, we are getting closer and closer to spot on as we progress in our development.

Edited by jaynus

Is there a way to force ACRE / autoswitch on Teamspeak like in ACRE1?

Simular to this:

if(isDedicated)exitWith{};

sleep 4;

if!(acre_sys_io_serverStarted)then{

endMission "END1";

}else

{

// 19 = TS Channel ID

[19, "Channelpasswortd"] call acre_api_fnc_joinChannel;

};

English being my 3rd language I find it hard to explain what I mean, which is why I found a quote from Dslyecxi on the topic of 1st vs. 3rd person, when comparing ShackTac's vs. Jester 814's playstyles:

"I guess it boils down to whether you're trying to have a really intense experience, or are mainly there for the military roleplaying. I find the former far more interesting - I had enough of the military when I was in, and I'm not seeking to replicate that in my gaming."

ACRE is a tool. It's not the game and it doesn't make the game more interesting. I rather use the tool to improve my gameplay, rather than try to turn the tool into the game.