Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

1- be aware that the path to server config file must not contain any spaces. That will result in a misconception between JVON Server and Server. What does the .log say? It shall be created as soon as the server is up and running

2- is a consequence of 1

Please see above. This has been internally fixed now, but the combinations of quotes/spaces/not spaces/par/not par/config in arma3 server configs was a bit insane. We've correctly for it and now support spaces and quotes for config paths. The next RC will contain these fixes.

in regards to #3 - the virtual arsenal and boxes inherently break inventory systems in arma3. We've removed the ability to have radios used in them to prevent them from breaking ACRE as well (since everyone blames ACRE first :p )

Thank you jaynus and soldia.

I'll check.

About the #3, so if I'd like to test the other radios (not the 343) where I should find them?

EDIT: I've checked and my arma3 server (and its server.cfg file)is located here

D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma_3_Server

But it doesn't work. When I run the game server, it doesn't connect to the VON server.

In any case I'll wait for the next RC

Edited by marcatore

Be aware that if you are running AGM it might be causing JVON to NOT load. If you are having trouble testing and you are running AGM try disabling AGM.

I have put a fix into JNET to make it less likely to have addons conflict with it that should be in the next release.

@Noubernou you are right, I'm using AGM.

I'll try to disable it and check if it works... But I hope you beat me in time releasing a new RC. :)

And about the radios? The fact I can't see them (except 343) depends by AGM or could be another reason?

Whats about radios for vehicles and real backpack radios?

What do you mean with "real" backpack radios? There will be no special backpacks with a radio and some kind of magic space, restricted to camouflage-types.

Certain radios (e.g. 117 and 77) can only be put in backpacks with enough space. And yes, with Hatchet's amazing stuff, there will be antennas as well:

http://i.imgur.com/BQbVcWe.png

What do you mean with "real" backpack radios? There will be no special backpacks with a radio and some kind of magic space, restricted to camouflage-types.

Certain radios (e.g. 117 and 77) can only be put in backpacks with enough space. And yes, with Hatchet's amazing stuff, there will be antennas as well:

http://i.imgur.com/BQbVcWe.png

Real Backpack Radios like this: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536254120176500668/65EAFF986E5CFE88EB3D37708665AC1BD02EF079/

You ignored his answer. We are working on attaching radios to whatever backpack you are wearing if you have a radio in it - rather than replacing models.

When I use the PTT key, it will only transmit for about 2-3 seconds. It doesn't matter if I hold down PTT or do a quick press, the duration is the same. When I first started ACRE up it worked (continuous transmission) for about 20 minutes... now this. Has this happened to anyone else? I have tried re-installing ACRE, different keys (single and combination). TS is set to voice activation if that matters.

When I use the PTT key, it will only transmit for about 2-3 seconds. It doesn't matter if I hold down PTT or do a quick press, the duration is the same. When I first started ACRE up it worked (continuous transmission) for about 20 minutes... now this. Has this happened to anyone else? I have tried re-installing ACRE, different keys (single and combination). TS is set to voice activation if that matters.

This sounds like your sticky keys in windows, or some logitech et al form of sticky keys, has activated.

Those are incredibly unrealistic. In the real life we just stuff them in any old assault pack or ruck sack, in whatever pocket it'll fit. I kept an ASIP radio in the side pocket of my MOLLE ruck for instance.

The 152 and 117 have been implemented, operational as the real radios and co-operational with the 148. See their associated manuals for usage.

The 117F needs to have its txpower unlocked from what appears to be 1W where it's outcompeted by the handhelds. I'm figuring it's just a matter of it not saving properly. Perhaps the default should be set at least as high.

The 152 has repeatedly "crashed" - with the display mostly blanking out, not reacting to most buttons, and radio traffic not going through.

No resetting ever fixed it, it had to be replaced. Saw 3 cases in 40 minutes with 4 people messing about, and heard of one more.

No idea what specifically triggered it, but we were mostly focused on the radio and its interface.

For the time being we're sticking to the 148.

I will left this here:

http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre2/issues

Guys you should really report issues there, that is point of bugtracker. Forum discussion thread should be for discussion. I have literally already reported all issues you wrote there.

Wysłane z mojego WT19i przy użyciu Tapatalka

The 117F needs to have its txpower unlocked from what appears to be 1W where it's outcompeted by the handhelds. I'm figuring it's just a matter of it not saving properly. Perhaps the default should be set at least as high.

The 152 has repeatedly "crashed" - with the display mostly blanking out, not reacting to most buttons, and radio traffic not going through.

No resetting ever fixed it, it had to be replaced. Saw 3 cases in 40 minutes with 4 people messing about, and heard of one more.

No idea what specifically triggered it, but we were mostly focused on the radio and its interface.

For the time being we're sticking to the 148.

We will attempt to reproduce with button-mashing :P

RE: the 117F - it starts with a default power of 5W, same as the other radios. TX power has been fixed for displaying its changes. Expect the bug-fix release tommorrow.

RE: Does anyone actually program these radios on a regular basis? ACRE is basically mostly used from 2 buttons; the channel knob and the volume knob. Just curious what scenarios people are deeply programming the radios (Especially since people tell us ACRE is too complex, when its 2 buttons, but then we hear about the deeper features almost exclusively)

Those are incredibly unrealistic. In the real life we just stuff them in any old assault pack or ruck sack, in whatever pocket it'll fit. I kept an ASIP radio in the side pocket of my MOLLE ruck for instance.

Please don't spread disinformation. While you can and many do just stuff a 117g or something similar into a pack, there are many purpose built packs that are used and bought by guys with their own money. You can find pictures of the packs in the link below being used by a myriad of military units, as just 1 example.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/military/comm-packs

Please don't spread disinformation. While you can and many do just stuff a 117g or something similar into a pack, there are many purpose built packs that are used and bought by guys with their own money. You can find pictures of the packs in the link below being used by a myriad of military units, as just 1 example.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/military/comm-packs

Still a lazy implementation. We will be implemented the purpose-made packs, which still have removable radios, as they should be.

Thanks,

jaynus

hello, and thank you Nou and the ACRE TEAM for the updates, to this great piece of work.

is anyone else having issues getting this to work on a VerifySignatues=2 server??

I have veridysigs=2 on my server and ACRE causes my server to freeze when checking the sigs.

I haven't done it yet but i am going to sign the mod with my key and see if that is the problem.

Nou are you using an old ARMA 2 .privatebiKey? did you make a new private key for ARMA 3? because if you using an ARMA 2 Privatebikey then i do believe that is the problem. Thanks again for this mod, i would really like to get it working on my server for my team

New mod v2.1.0.651 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@ACRE Team;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com

Your Front pages states, that the link for the latest Update to ACRE2 on withSIX is pending.

This update is already available here

Updated mod v2.1.0.651 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Edited by kecharles28

hello, and thank you Nou and the ACRE TEAM for the updates, to this great piece of work.

is anyone else having issues getting this to work on a VerifySignatues=2 server??

I have veridysigs=2 on my server and ACRE causes my server to freeze when checking the sigs.

I haven't done it yet but i am going to sign the mod with my key and see if that is the problem.

Nou are you using an old ARMA 2 .privatebiKey? did you make a new private key for ARMA 3? because if you using an ARMA 2 Privatebikey then i do believe that is the problem. Thanks again for this mod, i would really like to get it working on my server for my team

We generate a new arma3 key for every version. The keys work on all other servers/users. Let us know if resigning works, or perhaps something got corrupted in a repo.

so my first test were as follows. Only CBA and ACRE 2(fresh download on the server and client) I added the keys to the server cba and acre2

started the server. the server cpus start pegging %100 usage. I try to log on the server, it shows up in the server browser. I click to join. and i sit at the joining screen "Forever" it doesnt load at all..

I checked the rpt all sigs pass the -sigcheck. but yea it lock the server up...

I resigned the mod. with the Exact Same results. However, I forgot to remove the original Acre key from the keys folder going to try another round of tests..

So after removing the original acre2_2_1_0_651.bikey and using my key the server starts up just fine... I should have dont this months ago..

So to recap , i have ACRE 2 running on a -verifySignature=2 server with MY keys/sigs. Something is corrupt with the original keys and sigs. if others are using acre 2 just fine on their server its because ther NOT using -verigySignature=2

Edited by Lordprimate

Ok, we've tested 2.1 only with CBA RC4 loaded alongside on an empty mission. Results were still the same - about 25% or so FPS drop for everyone receiving and sometimes even if transmitting.

Here's an RPT (from my PC): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22845207/Repo/ArmA%26TkoH/arma3_2015-01-14_19-05-09.rpt

And here's a quick vid, video options ingame FPS counter was used (from a friend): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTpCKfhzbHc

You can notice drop from 54 to ~41fps when receiving transmission.

If you need anything else just let me know.

ACRE2 RC2 Release!

Hey guys, RC2 is out for ACRE2!

Changelog:
ACRE
- AN/PRC-77 Manpack Radio added
- Virtual Arsenal no longer shows 2000+ radios
- Fixed issues with i7 K CPU users
- Removed click from buttons on the 117 and 152
- Fixed pink noise volume scaling with radio selected volume
- Added lower headset toggle keybind
- Fixed a compiler issue of plugin-per-compile compatibility
- Optimizations for PFH regarding transmission reception on 148/117/152. This should greatly reduce the FPS drop when rx
- Fixed ACRE volume settings not loading or being saved in some circumstances
- Fixed volume controls and feedback displays on the 152 and 117
- Fixed being able to set a power of 9999 on the 152/117
- 152 can now actually specify its squelch
- RX only now actually RX's only

We are working through some bugs in the omnibus version and will probably release an update of that after the weekend!

Here is the normal download: http://acre.idi-systems.com/archive/acre2_2.1.0.671.zip

Thanks!